Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

European parking (city) lights
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Fat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: European parking (city) lights Reply with quote

How are they wired up?

I checked out the euro wiring diagrams and it looks like they are wired into the first spot on the fuse panel. Would this be the same in a North American car?

Basically, I'd like them to turn on with the car, and not to function as turn signals, so splicing into them isn't an option (I don't think).
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you want them to work, as parking lights?

They were originaly desighned to "mark the side" of the car in small cramped streets. Required by law in some countries. With the car off as you exit, pushing down on the turn signal would light up the respective side. Yes it would stay on all night and the 4w bulb didnt use that much juice. If you want them to work as eithor parking lights or turn signals, just wire them into the same side lights. If you want to make them side markers in the true sence again, then it may be a little more involved-first making sure you have the correct steering colume.

Or ar you talking about the front turn signals??

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Fat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones I have go inside the headlight, I'd like them to be on when the car turns on, and off when the car is turned off. Regardless of the status of the turn signals or headlights.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I belive you should tie into something that comes on when the key is on. I belive its the 2nd or third accessory fuse??

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Fat wrote:
The ones I have go inside the headlight, I'd like them to be on when the car turns on, and off when the car is turned off. Regardless of the status of the turn signals or headlights.

I've got those, they slip over and are held in by the H4 bulb insert. I wired mine in with my parking lights, but if you want them to operate with the ignition switch then you could splice into the power wire for the horn or the wipers.
Samba Member #4862
wynsquezr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: city light Reply with quote

I think I've got the same lights as you mounted inside HL bucket behind lense and in front of HL bulbs (my 66 6V T1) and if my memory of following wire is correct it is piggybacked on ign on fuse leg - no accessory position on my ign
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: