Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: steel buggin
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 31, 2024
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bmueller wrote:
Quick update on the engine. There was a SNAFU with the fan, which became unbalanced and damaged the alternator, fan, fan housing, and alternator stand. I called Chico, explained the problem and asked about a solution. He was very good at backing his parts and providing replacement parts for the engine.

After installing all the new replacement parts, the engine runs great.

Thanks for all the help Chico.

Any pictures of the new engine?
Bmueller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:

Any pictures of the new engine?

Here is a link to a pic and the dyno run:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Link

69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for posting.
TATZELWURM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of dynamically balanced rods from Anibal have to say am pleased with the transaction. Fast to respond to emails, Emailed to let me know they shipped and no crazy shipping/handling costs. Would gladly buy from him again!
teamasr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: 2017 CPR motor Reply with quote

This just in from Chico. Thanks for a awesome build.

131HP - 147 Foot TQ

ame
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my new engine (2276cc 155hp 154ft/lbs) from Chico in february of 2008. Stuffed it in my 64 vert and have about 3000 kms on it so far. It hauls ass and looks awesome. (MSD was added last year)

Chico was great to deal with.

Whiteboyspooky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my 1600 sp to him to just get tuned up and have some work done and had a strict budget and he got all the work done with some new parts too! Hes been more then helpful with all the stupid questions ive asked him and am planning on buying a 2110 when i find a money tree..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chico's after-the-sell service is second to none. If you have an issue or question, he will do whatever it takes to help you. Truly a nice guy who cares about his name and his customers.
crowe66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchases a second engine for my dune buggy from Chico. Pleasure to deal with before, during and after the build.
63 Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The service you get from Chico is beyond exceptional! About a year ago I received my 2332 from Chico for a 63 Karmann Ghia restoration project. I was only able to get it into the car about six months after the delivery due to project delays. After the car was finally complete, I drove it for several months and it was awesome, ran like a beast. Then about a month ago, it started to develop power loss and sporadic idle fluctuations. I thought it may have been the carbs, fuel delivery, electrical, etc… To make a long story short, the cam lobe wore flat due to poor materials used by the cam manufacturer, they had seen cases like this before, and unfortunately mine came from a bad batch. After I called Chico and explained what we found, he said no problem and generously offered to have the engine shipped back to his shop for a complete rebuild. He rebuilt the entire bottom end with all new parts and paid for the return shipping back to me as well. He also didn't charge me for all the new parts used or labor AND he even paid for my local shop to r & r the engine. He was even able to squeeze an additional 9 more horsepower out of it after the rebuild for a total of 191hp!! The engine just came back and runs like a champ! Incredible power.

All I can say is Chico's service, support, skills and courtesy are second to none. Many guys would have said, sorry it’s past your warrantee period, we can’t honor the repair or you’ll have to take it up with the manufacturer, etc. He never once made me feel as if he didn’t want to help me with the situation and get me back up and running. He is always available to answer questions and give any guidance and advice over the phone. I wish every business had the kind of service Chico has. His operation is top notch and so is his product. I would never even consider another engine builder. Thanks again Chico, you’re the best!
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

63 Ghia wrote:
[...]To make a long story short, the cam lobe wore flat due to poor materials used by the cam manufacturer, they had seen cases like this before, and unfortunately mine came from a bad batch.[...]

I wonder if it's the same thing I'm experiencing on mine right now Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63 Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's going on with yours? Did you pop the covers and check the valve movement?
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's working fine until it starts warming up and then it feels like a valve is sticking or something, loud clicking noises as if valves were not adjusted (they are) and the more it warms up the worse it gets, getting popping sounds from exhaust (exh. valve not fully closing?) at operating temp (180 oil temp about 275 head temp).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubdan65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

71sbeetle wrote:
Mine's working fine until it starts warming up and then it feels like a valve is sticking or something, loud clicking noises as if valves were not adjusted (they are) and the more it warms up the worse it gets, getting popping sounds from exhaust (exh. valve not fully closing?) at operating temp (180 oil temp about 275 head temp).

Any resolution to the clicking you had?
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubdan65 wrote:
71sbeetle wrote:

No sorry have not had any time to myself the last few month, I need to pull the engine out to figure out what's wrong.
vdubdan65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

71sbeetle wrote:
vdubdan65 wrote:
71sbeetle wrote:

No sorry have not had any time to myself the last few month, I need to pull the engine out to figure out what's wrong.

No worries, thanks for the heads up.

Is the engine outside of the warranty, or have you contacted CPR directly regarding the issue?
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubdan65 wrote:
71sbeetle wrote:
vdubdan65 wrote:
71sbeetle wrote:

No worries, thanks for the heads up.

Is the engine outside of the warranty, or have you contacted CPR directly regarding the issue?

I've had the engine for 6 years so I'm guessing it is out of warranty lol, after all that time I wouldn't hold him up to it that's for sure, I think I did ask him about it last year when it started. I'm thinking one of the lifters might be sticking in the case.
UncleWeno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chico is a stand up guy. I haven't had the chance to get a motor built from him but I got his alternator setup for my '68 fastback. I misplaced the installation instructions...especially the wiring diagram. I have no experience with vw wiring and Chico helped me with the wiring over the phone. His product and service is solid. Mahalos Chico!

...after I file taxes, I'll be hitting you up and continue discussing about the engine build for my fasty Very Happy

Wendell
'68 Not so Fast---back ):
'68 Squareback
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fluxcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as the last guy, haven't bought an engine from Chico (though I sure would like to someday when funds allow), but I did get one of the alternators from his ads. Very fast replies to my emails for the total cost with shipping, and also sent an e-mail to let me know item had shipped. Item shipped very quickly and arrived at my door well packaged.

Thanks!

"It's like, how much more black could this be, and the answer is none.......none more black."
mxracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of rebuilt rods from Chico. Fast shipping, great communication and the rods look really good.

I'd buy from him in a heart beat.

Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: