Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: steel buggin
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 31, 2024
jcreinman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We purchased a 1904 cc (yes 1904 and not a 1914) turnkey motor from Chico to install in our 71 westy, and just put her on the road yesterday. All I can say is AWESOME! I would buy from Chico anytime.

It is a little more money that some people are quoting, but I found that Chico includes a lot of upgrades as stock items that you would have to pay extra from other people.
The engine was ready ahead of schedule, and was dyno'd (with the results provided), tuned and already broke in when received (as opposed to being just 'hot run'). Chico builds it exactly like you want it. I found other companies would try to talk me out of doing things, and we questioned ourselves numerous times over it. But we had thought for a long time about what our dream motor would be like for the bus and we got it.

And yes, the 1904 cc is worth ever ounce of torque (and $) for the bus!
vw_partsguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Beetle roof rack from chico, the guy on the phone was great and got exactly what I needed.

I got my rack quickly but one of the wood slats was cracked. I called up the store and Chico himself answered. He sent out another slat no charge came super fast too. Chico's is going to be my first call from now on!! -Louie
1997 Jetta Jazz "JJ"
2002 Jetta Variant "Jazzy"
1967 Beetle "Buddy" Deceased
1989 Golf GTI Montana green Deceased
1967 Beetle "Mr Blue" Deceased
sunbugone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered a couple things from Chico over the years. Most recently I purchased an alternator. Shipped the same day I payed for it and arrived 3 days later. Most other places would have sent me a back order notice or one of those "waiting for payment approval" notices. Not this guy. Pay attention folks, this is the way you do business. Thanks guys

Justin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mykidsbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem like everyone has nothing but good things to say about A.Chico. There's no need to stop now. I called up Mr Chico to ask him about a new engine. That was a little outside my budget. Mr Chico did explain that he had just got in a used engine that was one of his. The PO was buying a larger one to replace what he had. He also explained that before he sale any engine he does his own inspection on it and add any upgrades needed. I got the used engine because of his reputation. I had to send the engine out to have it installed. I just moved and had very little tools. When i got it back the Mechanic said he changed the carburation. I asked why did they change anything. When i started to drive it, it would die out. I told the mechanic to just clean the carb. When he gave it back he said, you have to set the carb yourself. I thought that was jacked up, so i call Mr Chico and explained. He said, everything was fine and the carb didn't need to be cleaned because he did that before he sold it. He then proceed to walk me through adjusting the carb. The funny part is I've never done the carb before. Its been 2 1/2 months since i bought it and 3 weeks with it running now. Not 1 problem. Thanks A. Chico Blue Bug Dancing
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 7 K miles on my Chico 2110 and it ROCKS! So smooth,and powerful. I treat it like the high performance motor it is,with valve adjustments every 1k miles and oil changes every 1000-1200 miles with Valvoline VR-1 racing oil (high zinc),and the valves need very little adjustment to stay in spec. The constant valve adjustments are my reaction to questionable cams/lifters out there. My motor has Web-Cam and Scat lifters,and the constant valve adjustments IMO help keep cam/valve train wear in check. Very happy with my CPR motor Very Happy
Jeff Geisen
Samba Chaplain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a smooth buying experience, I received the alternator & German pulley promptly. The packaging of the parts was what impressed me the most, above and beyond. Unfortunately I don't get to use the adjectives in the previous sentence too much anymore.

Most gratefully... Jeff

‘63 ragtop - ‘68 single cab
71surfbumsbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: 6K Miles Update on 1679cc Single Port Engine Reply with quote

Haven't been on lately as wife and 2 kids has kept me busy, but wanted to update the community on my engine I purchased from CPR.

I just passed the 6,000 mark on the 1679cc single port motor and have been nothing but happy with the performance of my engine.

It's in a 68' standard beetle, super fun, nice pull especially in 3rd...feels nice and long with good pull during acceleration. I've driven from LA to Orange County over the years and even down to San Diego and back in the same day...cruising averaging 65-70mph and my oil temp gauge is always between 140-160 depending on hills. The little beast can def hit over 75mph-85 in 4th gear if you need to do some freeway passing.

I wanted a super reliable, fun driving engine for around town and am very pleased with the stock upgrade from 1600cc. It's the perfect "almost stock" motor to keep up with traffic in 2015! Thanks again Chico!

Bottomline is I would recommend him and def go back if I need another engine for a different VW!

Picture below was before initial install.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1968 Beetle 1679cc single port http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...highlight=
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had Chico build up some custom oil lines with AN fittings for me.....yeah, I know....I don't have the time to do it myself. Anyway, they came as ordered and quickly. They look great
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
Total seal 2nd ring, rest are Grants
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
Steve Long XR310 on a 106
CB 1.4 rockers
CB Magnaspark 2 distributor
NGK D7ea plugs
A1 lowdown 1 3/4 with single muffler
Dellorto 48's with 40 venturies
Kennedy Stage 2 with Daiken disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
20bunnIY1633
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions on a longblock I need built. Is there a website or email for him? thanks guys
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20bunnIY1633 wrote:
I have some questions on a longblock I need built. Is there a website or email for him? thanks guys

you can pm the man himself here on the samba at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4232

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
20bunnIY1633
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Very Much
jaimesbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a 2110 long block from CPR over a year ago for my 66 Bus. Engine kicks ass smooth fast and absolutely no leaks. Great buying experience very attentive to details and awesome communication. I will definitely be buying my next engine from CPR. Thanks Chico.
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) Reply with quote

Hello to all, I have to say what a great businessman and person ANIBAL CHICO is. I bought an engine (long block) for a my good friend's 1969 Fastback and during the week I was installing the engine, we lost a family member in a vehicle accident. Well to make a long story short, I accidentally installed some oil lines backward causing the engine to lock up. I called MR. ANIBAL and not only was he 100% helpful, he arranged the pick up, he "fixed the problem" and shipped it back. All his work was FREE!!!! All I had to do was pay for shipping, which I had no problem doing.

You SR. are a great example of a person who will remain in business for a long time and care about your customers. THANK YOU..

GRACIAS Y QUE DIOS LE DE MAS!!
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) Reply with quote

I just installed and ran for the 1st time a 2017cc "torquer" long block engine from Chico Performance Racing in my Manx buggy. Engine has all new parts including a new VW magnesium block. Sounds good, runs good and NO LEAKS! 1st time I have had an air cooled VW engine that didn't leak. The only problem I had was it took a little longer to get it than we discussed at the 1st conversation. Summer is probably extra busy for him. Thanks Anibal! Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) Reply with quote

Bought an alternator via a classified ad. It arrived three days later and was installed with no problems whatsoever.

Excellent customer service when I had questions.
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) - [email protected] Reply with quote

5 yrs since last plug for Chico. Of course tons of new media outlets etc.

I wanted to share a recent and too cool experience IMO. Unfortunately, I sold my Thing a couple years back chasing another project/toy. It was a 3.5 yr build and about 10 driving. I researched some forums etc for a year or two before soliciting Chico for our engine build, 1776 Torque master 10. That was little over 10 years ago. I shared a couple early calls with Chico then but nothing since.

Time flew by. couple years ago my oldest son moved to LA area. I finally made the trip out last weekend to visit. We happened to be in the Arcadia area. Yep, CPR popped in our heads. We said, "what the heck, we are here, lets go by and see operation". We dropped in on Friday afternoon. We walked into the shop and was immediately greeted by Chico. We explained that many years back we had a Thing and he had done the engine build. That's when we were floored. He said you had a different unique last name that started with a " " and first name "Tony".

He was dead on. It had been 10 yrs.

We spent some time and got an impromptu tour of his facility and dino room as well as some sharp looking engine creations, 320 hp turbo VW engine. Super nice, down to earth, great memory. I can see why this gentleman is still turning out quality engines.

and yes, we drove ours all around Texas for almost 10 years with his engine, not a problem other than the periodic dual carb tuning.

Great guy and great operation. Just wish I had a VW right now so I could pick up another Chico built engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tim3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had a 1904 stroker built by CPR and its honestly that most badass engine! I am so stoked I went with Chico and he was nothing but an amazing dude the whole time! Everyone I show the build off to is floored on how good it looks! Chico is not just a builder he is making incredibly functional art!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Jump to:
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: