Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coma wrote:
JJ, I know it will turn up!!! Never give up!!!! and althought it seems like a century ago, it has only been less than 2 weeks!! Shocked

You're lucky-----I had mine stolen 6 years ago and it seems like yesterday. Sad
esauerwein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I hate thieves!!!!!!!
I'll be on the lookout here in San Diego
Still looking for my baby http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=135650
ROGER LAWLESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: stolen bug Reply with quote

No matter what you do they can always haul/drag it onto a flatbead and take it away.

The only protection you have is never letting it out of your sight.

Bastardo! Evil or Very Mad
usmc1345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA Reply with quote

Did your car ever get recovered, or do any of you guys know?My first 63 bug was stolen around the same time as yours. Found out about this site and remember seeing your car. Mine was found a week later as a shell pretty much. Hope you got the car back.
coma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA Reply with quote

Have not seen it since, y'all right, thieves suck!
Maybe one day
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
usmc1345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully she turns up. Makes me wonder how many of the ones reported on here have been found. No one really seems to let us all know.
TheLadyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA Reply with quote

To give you some hope; my brother had his low rider bike stolen at a show in Portland. 10 years to the day.... Gets a call from a friend in Cali, some guy listed it on Craigslist for parts, and he bought it right then and there. My brother flew down and picked it up. It had a few things stripped and was damaged a bit, but he never thought he'd see it again.

What's the point of an awesome car you can't do anything with since its stolen?
2016 Golf highline - hubby’s daily
2016 Golf R - my daily
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA Reply with quote

Man that sucks I know I'm kinda late but don't give up hope....it will come around and bite them in the butt for doing that.
JeffRens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: STOLEN BUG!!! Whittier, CA Reply with quote

First of all, I really hope you find your car. I hope you don't get to this point, but how are you insured for a loss like that. I know it can't replace the blood, sweat and tears you've put into it, but it's a real concern to me too as I'm almost done with my 56. Regards...Jeff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: