Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

factory color according to who?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: factory color according to who? Reply with quote

I just had my local body supply mix up a quart of brilliant blue from the code i got off the m plate.
It is blue but not the blue of the bus. Im looking at the under seat and non uv damaged orignal paint color. This blue i have is a grey ish(bit of black in it?) where the color mixed is a bright sky(no black just bright blue)
The color was mixed according to a formula that was derived from the code i gave him so.... whats up with that?
I am going to inquire at the body supply but was wondering if anyone had this problem?
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had my bug repained the shop used the PPG mix formula. However I had them "shoot" the car with the tool they have in an area in the car which had not been afected by the UV. They adjusted the formula in the PPG catalog to match the one in my car. Perhaps you can have them do something similar for your car.
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint has changed a lot since the good old days! By not allowing lead, I have seen many colors alter. Also- nothing is guranteed to match dead on- Most of the completes I do have a higher gloss and a much more modern appeal to original, nevertheless, looking fine and dandy. Sikkens even recommends an entire panel-paint (whole side instead of blend) for the old Dove Blue!! Dove Blue was a super common color and still it can't be a guaranteed match. Get a second opinon on any internet advice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: