Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring Diagram for a third brake light?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Wiring Diagram for a third brake light? Reply with quote

Hey all, I have a 69 Squareback and am wanting to wire in a decorative third brake light.

Does anyone have info on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Very Happy Gib
fastback1971
Samba Drummer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all else is in working order, you should be able to just hook into one of the other tail lights.I forget which side they come thru, but just check to make sure you actually have the brake light, and not the turn signal, or the running lights.If I remember correctly, both lights come thru the same side and then split, Or you could just pull the tail light out and splice in there. Do yourself a favor though, and get a real butt splice not those ones the crimp over the existing wire. If you do it right, Itll last for a while.
Also make sure you dont overload the circuit with a huge brake light, or youll be riding around without any.You shouldnt have to many problems.
Gibbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, its not a huge light.

I thought it might be more complicated than I splice, I will give it a go!

thanks for the help!

Smile
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a 3rd brake light on my car, I just spliced into the driver's side brake light. I've been driving with it for a year now, no problems yet.
Samba Member #4862
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the black wire with the read tracer. Either side. Black/Red is brake lights.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: