Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Notchback car cover / seat covers
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kim van der Linden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Notchback car cover / seat covers Reply with quote

We are in the process of acquiring a 1966 notchback and when it's not able to be in the garage I'd like for it to be covered. I don't know if it's even possible to find a car cover for a notchback and if not what kind of car cover would work for it? Also the seats are all original and in excellent condition so I'd like to get something to cover all the seats as this will be my daily driver. I'm assuming just regular seat covers would work for the front but I'm not sure what would work for the back. Any suggestions?

thanks, Kim (soon to be notch owner)
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the upper end car cover companies have patterns for every car, including the Notchback.

I had a cheap cover for my Notch that I just got at Pep Boys. I had to get one 2 sizes larger than recommend though or it wouldn't go down far enough on the sides.

Normal seat covers fit on the front. Just make sure you get low back covers. For the back seat I do not know.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have a 1 car garage, I bought thisfrom Harbor Freight. Fortunately, I had enough yard. You can kinda see it here.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy on the Type 34 list likes his Wolf universal car cover from Costco. Looks like would fit a Notch too.

He says he used size "medium"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air-Cooled Head wrote:
Since I have a 1 car garage, I bought thisfrom Harbor Freight. Fortunately, I had enough yard. You can kinda see it here.

Costco has one that is even bigger, taller and stronger for about the same $$. I bought the Harbor Freight one for my '66 Westy and returned it the next day when I found the Costco one. If you buy one just make sure you secure it to the gound. They really move in heavy winds Shocked but it kept my Westy dry all winter long. And let's just say it "rains a little" here in the Pac NW Boo hoo!

Black '65 Resto-Custom S Notch 2110 cc powered
original paint Pearl White '66 Westy SO-42
Allstate single-wheel trailer project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air-Cooled Head wrote:

Hey, I remember following that Square for miles last summer. Very Happy Cool Did you ever get your idle problem cleared up?
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Kim van der Linden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I don't have room for something that big. I was thinking more on the lines of a cloth cover that goes right over my car, that you remove when you drive the car and when it's parked you cover it. Is that still something that's available at Costco? I've seen the cloth covers for a fasty but I haven't seen one for a notch. I thought maybe a newer car w/ similiar dimensions might work, but wasn't sure which one. Thanks for the input anyway.......about the seat cover thing....I wonder if I'd have to have them special made or something to go on the back seats?
GearheadJim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the back seat cover, I used a generic bench seat cover, fit rather nicely. I don't have a picture of the rear cover but it matches the front covers: http://thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=86466
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kim van der Linden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would I get the seat covers? Is it something you can get at an auto store or do you purchase them online somewhere?
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Costco does sell some type of cotton cover but I don't know details of size, cost etc....

Black '65 Resto-Custom S Notch 2110 cc powered
original paint Pearl White '66 Westy SO-42
Allstate single-wheel trailer project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: