Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny how this guy tried to bash WW and it turned into about the most positive WW thread you could imagine. i dont even want to think about restoring vws without them.
drago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez

Give em a break! The online ordering system is a quick and generally pain free way to order parts.

So there was a mistake in the freight costs...and they phoned the next day to tell you......and it was only $30......get a life!

No wonder the worlds in such a mess with this kind of attitude

cheers

drago
vdubaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with WW for many, many years.
They are hands down one of the best companies ( if not the best ) that you can order aftermarket VW parts from.
Period.

Great people, and true VW folks too.

Quit being such a penny pincher
So the shipping estimate was off.
If that's the biggest problem you had to deal with during a VW restoration then you're doing better then all of us combined.
c.davis419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW Rocks! I love putting in an order at 11:00 PM and having it in my grubby hands a day and a half later. Superb quality and excellent customer service will keep bringing me back. Very Happy
Chris Hollaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with them also. I usually get my list off there website and then call and place my order. My shipping is always a couple of $$$ less than what the site says. I have an order with them now and I will have one later also. Excellent company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worlfsburg West is a great vendor with fair, honest, straight forward policies.

However, as a previous slave to a mail order company for ten years I feel that they should have ate the difference, shipped the order as quoted and then corrected their website to prevent the shipping error from happening again. WolfsburgWest can afford to eat the $30 difference as a service to the customer.

I'd suggest if you still have a beef with their company to call up Tony at Wolfsburg West directly. I'm sure he'll put a smile back on your face.
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have known Tony for 23 years. You will never win if you aprouch him with "I'll cancel my order??" I am the same way when someone acts like a baby I will also tell them that I don't want thier business. That's the beauty of being the owner. We can get away with it.

Tony did the right thing by calling and telling the customer about the adjustment he had to make. Do you think for one minuet that he did this to make more money?? Ha, that's a joke. I know this web cart he has is all new and I am sure has a couple bugs in it. If Joe Q. Customer can not understand that then what can we do?? Tony nor I are not going to lose money because the customer can not understand the situation here.

So, for you to come on this forum and trash one of the best companies out there selling VW parts well, I guess you see what that got you.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was already a post and some threads on this subject but regarding type II body panels, some of what Wolfsburg West has been selling is real crap.
Over a several year period, when I was restoring old buses, I had some problems: 1) two different times I got right side outer cargo floor sections that were completely off; 2) two different times I got right side outer rockers that were too short; 3) the panel that fits behind the right side outer rocker was too short; 4) the right side corner panel I got from them was "grinning," ten inches in height on each side, going down to six inches in the middle, unlike the drawing of one in their catalogue that showed it to be ten inches in height; and 5) a set of crossmembers that didn't have holes in them for the heater pipe, unlike the drawing of one in the catalogue, which had holes; when I told an employee about it, he said we don't use heaters down here. Also, I received shipments several times where a part like a brake hose was missing or there was a wrong part. To me, it showed a pattern of pure carelessness.
The employees at Wolfsburg West were always helpful to me but there came a time when I couldn't keep wasting my time shipping things back, and I began buying panels and other things at Rocky Mountain Motorworks and CIP, where I had nothing but good luck.
Wolfsburg West has a lot of good things and some good employees but I can't believe that I was the only person that had such bad luck with them, time after time. There are a lot of bus people who won't buy body panels from them.
markm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased many items from WW, over the years. I have never had a problem what so ever with them. They are very helpful and courteous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been buying from Tony and staff for 15 years and I have NEVER had a problem that they did not resolve to my satisfaction. There is no company I would rather do business with when it comes to what they offer. Wink
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admitted that I had no problem with the different people I had dealt with at Wolfsburg West. I was reimbursed for the cost of shipping on everything that I had to ship back. The problem was that some of their type II sheet metal panels were crap and there were careless mistakes made in some of my orders. I got tired of having to go to UPS and send things off, then wait for a refund or the proper part to arrive. I bought a lot of stuff from them and never had this problem with any of the other companies that I dealt with, including their type II sheet metal panels.
Maybe Wolfsburg West had gotten too big and was having trouble with their quality control, like GEX, or maybe, like GEX, they had a few careless employees, or maybe they just had made more mistakes with my orders than those of their average customer.
Selling poor quality panels is the fault of someone in management, though.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing WW to Gex is just wrong. Shocked
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had better luck with GEX than Wolfsburg West but I guess that was a pretty bad comparison. Wolfsburg West sells a lot of great things; I've just had a lot of bad luck with them. I apologize.
Some of their type II sheet metal still sucks.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campy wrote:
I have had better luck with GEX than Wolfsburg West but I guess that was a pretty bad comparison.
Really? invert, yes or no? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jawohl
Got Ice?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased thousands of dollars of parts from WW over the past couple of years. They are always great to deal with and everything that I have purchased has been perfect, except for two small items on two different orders. They have always air freighted the correct replacement at their expense, without receiving the incorrect parts first. They have always trusted me and I completely trust them. Any time you call them on the phone, they are the epitome of helpful and courteous. Without them we would all be in a lot worse position when trying to restore our vehicles. Just my two cents.

Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band.
http://www.bigdamnband.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ra0DsbiNs0

1957 Logo panel "We Sell ICE"
1966 Vert
1967 Westy
1963 Ragtop
1964 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW is an excellent vendor. They sell quality parts. That is the one thing that distinguishes them from so many others.

If I have a complaint about WW, it is that their focus seems to be on the early beetles and split buses and they don't carry a full line of 'bay' bus parts. Nevertheless, they are an excellent company.
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
Worlfsburg West is a great vendor with fair, honest, straight forward policies.

However, as a previous slave to a mail order company for ten years I feel that they should have ate the difference, shipped the order as quoted and then corrected their website to prevent the shipping error from happening again. WolfsburgWest can afford to eat the $30 difference as a service to the customer.

I'd suggest if you still have a beef with their company to call up Tony at Wolfsburg West directly. I'm sure he'll put a smile back on your face.

I too have bought a number of things from wolfsburg west over the years but disagree (respectfully) with you on them eating the shipping cost. They cant lose money and stay in buisiness. Better to have one or two dissapointed individuals than not be there later when they are losing money. Wolfsburg West is as close to a perfect vendor as I believe possible. Just placed an order with them yesterday morning and got an e-mail that it had already gone out the door. What more do I want?
croscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i placed my first order with wolfsburg west last week. i recieved my packages today and i was very happy with how everything was packed. i got some bus door panels, and some roof liners, and was very pleased with the quality. they match my original kick panels nicely. i also got some brake parts, and other odds and ends, the quality of the parts were great on them also. i will definately use these guys again.
mbugz60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always received quality service and parts from WW when I order. When I place an order on Monday, I receive my package in Louisiana on Friday. They will continue to get my business with these types of transactions.
myk648
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I have ordered from WW many times...never had a problem. Place my order on Mon. and it's in Ohio by the weekend. Always very nice quailty items too. They will continue to get my business.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: