Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered off these guys in August and forgot to put up positive feedback. I never have an issue with this company.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugdust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugdust wrote:
I ordered parts, they got here quick and were exactly what I ordered. What more could you want.

I've never had a problem with WW...service is top notch. I recently tried the L82 spray cans and am very happy with the results.

I did order their safari glass-to-frame seals from another vendor (WW was out) and one is twisted. Maybe I can get another from the other vendor or I'll have to cut it and make it work.
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Parts order Reply with quote

Ordered parts from Wolfsburg West over the weekend. I received the box earlier this morning - within a 24 hour period. I have placed orders with WW over the years and never had an issue. Excellent service! Smile
Ubetcha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Just want to say they are awesome! The best thing that ever happend to VW restorations, period. Great parts, excellent customer service, prompt responses on questions and needs, they know Volkswagens. I just wish I lived in California and could shop there everyday in person, or even better, work there.

If you need good quality parts, they are the people to see!
Don't even mess around with other companies.

Mike
pantone149
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first choice when buying anything.
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW has to be IMHO the best company to deal with, quality, parts and speed of shipping!! i have ordered stuff at 4.30pm and it gets out the same day!! and to me the following day here in SoCal, great work guys as always!! thanks!!!!! A+++
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I've been a faithful customer for several years, I ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the past two months and I'm really impressed and amazed at how prompt and accurate they are in getting items to me in Ohio. They are a really great company that obviously "get's it". On most stuff, their quality is outstanding. Sometimes I get frustrated when they don't have something I need in stock, but unlike those entities that backorder, and tell you about it after the fact, WW is up front. Their site is easy to read and navigate and their catalog is really helpful in seeing exactly what you need. Even better than the old Rocky Mountain Motorworks catalogs that were great back in the day. Keep up the great work WW.
D/A/N
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consistently good experiences with item quality and shipping.

Don't love their website and search functions though. They could learn a bit from sites like aircooled.net when it comes to site design.

One very very small part complaint I have is they sold me the wrong points and insisted they were right over the phone!

Since they don't use Bosch part #'s on their site I had to order by year but the spread of years (68-70) for points covers several different types of distributors.

By Bosch # I needed 01 013 but they sold me 01 011 and insisted over the phone that this was the right part even though the wire is a little too short and strains to connect to the condensor. At the time it was $3 so I didn't worry that much but now with the Bosch price hike, that'd be a $9 mistake!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like WW a lot, have ordered from them for years and years, but I got to say their early Beetle windshield rubber absolutely blows. I cracked a glass today on my '60 vert trying to shoehorn the oversized rubber into the frame. I had the same problem with a '57 oval and ended up ordering German rubber with molded corners. Why they cannot offer that product over here is beyond me vs the oversized donut rings that they sell which are too large. I've not had any issues with the split bus seals or the rear windows, but the bug ones leave a lot to be desired and this will be the last time I buy those seals from WW. Caveat Emperator!

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
fugazi885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+++ for WW
Placed an order for a front apron on wednsday and selected 2 day air in hopes of having my part by the weekend, they called me the following morning and informed me that ground shipping would actually be faster and save me a few bucks. Got my part today and got an awesome suprise, for what I paid I was expecting a cheap chinese apron (price was about $28 ) but when I opened the box I found it to be Klokkerholm panel which appears to be the same gauge steel as OEM. Three thumbs up for great product, good price and excellent customer service.
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been a fan of WW; good quality and FAST delivery, which is great. But recently I have been converted to Bus Depot; great prices.

I did order two elephant ear side view mirrors from WW last fall. I installed them; they looked great but I didn't get a chance to test them much.

Well, it turns out they are useless on the highway. The connection on the backing plate to the pivot ball is too weak, and so the mirrors vibrate in the wind so much I can barely use them.

I emailed WW to tell them this and ask for a partial refund - I have not heard back. I am a bit disappointed.

I have since ordered a used elephant ear mirror to replace my OG one that broke. I should have known 40+ year old German is better than new.
iratehippie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: steering drag link Reply with quote

I ordered a drag link for 1972 westy, recieved in 4 days. For me, where I live, this was the cheapest shipping, and a decent replacement part. Already installed and me and my VW, LOVE IT! Thank you, Wolfsburg West...peace, Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ncstagger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always fast shipping and excellent packaging from WW. Have not yet had any issues with quality either. Highly recommended.

Resto thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549162

"Take your most realistic time frame and dollar amount.. then add half of that amount. When you get that total... double it. Only then will you be in the ballpark." - sofaking
Dave.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West has gotten thousands of my dollars and they will continue getting them. They are a good company.
windsoreight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered online, 2 window regulator clips for my 64 bug and clicked 2nd shipping. They called me 15 minutes later and changed my shipping to priority saving me money. They cared that much on my $5 order. Customer for life here!
WestyMan1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just placed my first WW order and received it very quickly! These guys are great!

'71 Westy "Maggie" - M-Plate

Parts for sale!
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a nearly-first-time customer I have a an observation I'd like to share with other potential first-time customers.

After I placed my substantial order for bus sheet metal I received an email stating they needed a copy of my credit card and license as part of their company policy (I was given an option to blank out some credit card numbers). This normally is fine, except that email is not a secured means communication and when I asked to see this policy on their website they told me it's not available there.

I understand they are trying to protect themselves and their customers from fraudulent charges, but it would be prudent to let their customers know at the time the order is placed that they may be asked to provide this information. This would be especially wise since not a single vendor I have dealt with up to this point has had such requirement.

To you as the customer I would recommend to never, under any circumstance, email such information. Any email communication unless digitally signed can be intercepted by third parties. I would recommend to use the FAX only.

To you, Wolfsburg West, please update your FAQs.
BWD
Samba Mailman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Wolfsburg West is one of, if not, the best in the business! Keep up the good work!
member #2850
1966 Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Large order of random parts was in the mail FEDEX about 5 hours after I placed it. Great service.
Chadd_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have placed many orders with Wolfsburg West and have never had an issue. Always fast to ship and packaged very well each and every time. Would recomend this company to any and everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 23

Jump to: