Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbusbusvw
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've driven up there to pick parts up many times - they're always nice and helpful. A couple of days ago, I phoned in an order to have it shipped - seat covers, signal lenses, rubber mats. I told the dude on the phone that I wanted it the next day, and would pay for the express shipping. He told me to save my money - since I live in Cali, it would be there the next day. I paid for the cheapest shipping they offered, and my order was here the next day! They even included shipping boxes so I could return something if I didn't want it. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Quality shit, good prices, and now I know, super fast shipping.

OMVWC
Quote:
stuped is stuped duse
spkncarl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Worlfsburg West is a great vendor with fair, honest, straight forward policies.

However, as a previous slave to a mail order company for ten years I feel that they should have ate the difference, shipped the order as quoted and then corrected their website to prevent the shipping error from happening again. WolfsburgWest can afford to eat the $30 difference as a service to the customer.

I'd suggest if you still have a beef with their company to call up Tony at Wolfsburg West directly. I'm sure he'll put a smile back on your face.

That would prove great customer service and put them ahead of the rest. Too bad it didn't happen. It takes all customers to put you at the top of the list and each one should be treated as your first. Just my two pennies... Wink
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spkncarl wrote:
Quote:
Worlfsburg West is a great vendor with fair, honest, straight forward policies.

However, as a previous slave to a mail order company for ten years I feel that they should have ate the difference, shipped the order as quoted and then corrected their website to prevent the shipping error from happening again. WolfsburgWest can afford to eat the $30 difference as a service to the customer.

I'd suggest if you still have a beef with their company to call up Tony at Wolfsburg West directly. I'm sure he'll put a smile back on your face.

That would prove great customer service and put them ahead of the rest. Too bad it didn't happen. It takes all customers to put you at the top of the list and each one should be treated as your first. Just my two pennies... Wink
There is a difference between "dissatisfied customers" and "non-satisfiable customers". Who decides who can afford to "EAT" any monetary loss on an order anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I don't want to jump into the debate about "who should pay for shipping". I understand both sides. Nevertheless, here goes...

I would simply point out that there is, arguably, a shortage of QUALITY parts supplier's in the 'aircooled' scene. Aircooled.net, germansupply.com and WW are great, but I feel these quality vendors are lost sometimes in the mass produced 'parts' game.

My concern about WW is that they, like others, seem to focus only on the early beetles and the split buses. If they ever focus on the 'bay commnity', look out, because they seem to provide the 'best of the best'. We can only hope!

I don't know Scott at german supply personally, but he seems to be both knowledgeable and very helpful, as are the folks at aircooled.net. I do not want to diminish any of the contributions of these companies. I would only say that whoever supplies parts, they should strive for the very best of qulality regardless of price. We should support those vendors. Quality is key. It is far cheaper in the long run.
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a wiring harness for my bug from WW. I haven't installed it yet but damn it is complete down to the grommets for the wires to pass thru the sheetmetal. It apears to be an EXACT match of oem quality. It also came with very good instructions, I went down and picked it up so I don't have experience with their shipping. I will definetly be back for more parts from them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents. WW is great. Easy to order. Fast service. Their products are super. Their website is incredibly helpful even if you don't order anything.

That being said, there must be another side to this story. If WW's shipping cost was wrong on the website, they really should have honored it, and then corrected the mistake on future orders. Clearly the mistake was WW's, not that of the guy who ordered it (at least as far as we know; we only have his side of the story to go by).
Matt K.
Paint and Body Nutcase

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened to the A$$pipe that started this thread, i see he wanted to bash and then finally shut his pie hole. WW has been outstanding, place my orders online.....................and when shipped it is exactly what i bought shipped without a scratch.....now thats a awesome vendor.
coW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered stuff from Wolfsburg West and never had a problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt K. wrote:
So what happened to the A$$pipe that started this thread, i see he wanted to bash and then finally shut his pie hole. WW has been outstanding, place my orders online.....................and when shipped it is exactly what i bought shipped without a scratch.....now thats a awesome vendor.

I have ordered from them at least 20 times (all online). I have NEVER had a problem with any order. I have never been shorted any parts. They are 100% accurate w/me and WW will continue to be one of my top choices for parts.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksfiend
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW is a great vendor. My only complaint is that they stock some items they really shouldn't, because they are the only ones available....namely sheetmetal, as above referenced. I understand that they get the best quality parts they can, but even when its the only part available, a useless part is still...well...useless. On the flip side, they are very pleasant about returning an item when it doesn't meet my standards. Over and all, most things I have gotten have been exceptional in quality. Shipping has been painless and prompt. One of the vendors on the short list that comprises of people I have no qualms dealing with or reccomending. Hopefully they will be around for many, many, more years to come.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
CUSHE63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same phone call from WW that you did. I however told them it was worth the extra $$. When I got the parts they were packed very nicely,in 2 boxes, and everything was there. No problem.
Was I happy to get charged more $ ? No, but I felt it was worth the extra 30.00. Now that the parts are installed, I still think I got a Hell of a deal. Just my 2 cents., Steve
henrym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can there be anything better than getting a nice big box from WW and opening it to check out the goodies?? It's like freakin' Christmas man. And it doesn't stop there. The stuff actually FITS, is good quality and if there is a problem, they are happy to make things right. And the catalog, online store and ordering process is all top-notch and professional. Tony obviously knows what the hell he is doing and stayed awake through Business 101.

I just received last night a big box with my interior and lots of other stuff. After unpacking everything and checking it off from the order, I was missing two arms rests. (It is rarity for them to short-ship, believe me). I managed to catch Ron at W West just before they closed. He pulled up my order, asked me to make sure I doublechecked everything (which I did) and when we didn't locate it, he processed a replacement order for two more on express shipping! Now that is SERVICE.

As I am getting back into VW's, I'm quickly throwing by biz to just select vendors like W West, Berg, Aircooled. These people "get it" and deserve my $$$$.
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also bought from WW for several years, and have never had a problem. I also buy stuff from Airhead and CIP1, and the difference in packing and shipping quality more than makes up for the minimal difference in price, not to mention the higher quality items.

I also am in Customer service, and I can say that even though I can give someone a break on price or terms...if they are being a DOUCHE about it, they ain't gettin' shit! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bojangles80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this thread I am really excited about placing my first order with WBW. A company that can please so many people MUST be doing business the right way. I'm new to the VW scene and I'm glad I came across this thread before I start ordering parts for my bug. Just out of curiosity has anyone had parts shipped from WBW up to Canada? Just wondered how there experience went.
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certain WW will do a fine job getting your order up to Canada. They are an excellent company. If you are in the Toronto area, or are looking for a Canadian vendor, I would also recomend Scott at German Supply.
henrym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing---if you a newbie or re-newbie like me, don't be afraid to call them and phone the order in. First off, it's really fast and they can tell you at a flash what they have in stock or when it is expected. You can also pick up some "side info" and advice to help you.

This is how cool these guys are: When I went to buy my carpet, I debated for weeks on whether to get squareweave or the cheaper version. It was a BIG price difference. I called Ron at WW and told him I was really debating this around. He told me that the lower price carpet was just fine and unless I was going to show the car, it would not matter. He also said if I got the carpet, didn't like it and wanted to upgrade, they would happily help me with the exchange. As it turned out, their "lower price" carpet was unbelievable quality. Looked almost like squareweave, fit absolutely perfect, great binding. It installed intself and looks awesome!

I was so pumped about that I grabbed the phone and ordered the whole rest of the interior. Seat pads, seat coves, door panels, mats, boots, pedal covers, visors--I went buck wild. So far, everything has fit absolutely 100% perfect. Make sure to ask them about getting the DVD where they walk you through seat recovering step by step!

The morale of this story? Ol' Berg was right. Get the right stuff the first time (except WW prices are very fair)
volksbugusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolfsburgWest is a Very Good Vendor, never a problem for me!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506947294919060
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gerg
a.k.a. 6volt65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West has ALWAYS stood behind their product - even when there is a problem. Always good for a tech question and cool people to meet if you are in the area.

As far as restoration parts go they are top shelf suppliers.

. . . I got 99 problems and my bus ain't one . . .

'65 Sunroof Beetle
'65 Vert
'60 Singlecab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevie_z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all the parts for my ī62 bug from WW and all I can say is: Perfect! The first order was placed on a Sunday evening via their online ordering system, and on Friday, 5 p.m. the parts box was delivered - in Austria! 5 days from California to good old Europe, door to door. Plus, the parts were of a far better quality than anything Iīve seen here (and they offered some parts you donīt even get here, strangely enough - made in Germany! Confused ).
All subsequent orders were just as satisfying, with one minor problem corrected by the employee at no cost and one part not being the right one (which was no problem since I was able to easily modify it to fit my needs).
So, two thumbs up for Wolfsburg West!
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatPhenders56 wrote:
The only gripe I had with WW was there packing, they used so much of it, it was everywhere! Very Happy

no shit- i ordered (2) headlights, taillight bulbs, turn signal bulbs, dome light bulbs and a few others and the things came packed in a 2'square box full of peanuts...those bastards.

Laughing

Never had a problem with orders...or returns.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: