Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Type 3 Registry - Where are the cars?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: The Type 3 Registry - Where are the cars? Reply with quote

Another reminder for all of you who have not yet entered your Type 3 into the Registry (including the T34's). We have over 100 cars to date, but there are a lot of cars still unaccounted for. California has the highest listing of cars at 29 of the 104 entered. Where are the rest?

With Daylight Savings Time, you should be able to check out the VIN for your car, and it would be a good time to verify that both VIN's match; the body and the pan. It only takes a minute to complete the necessary information at the site below:

http://www.jennerality.com/reg_main.html

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please let me know. If you have photo of your car that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Dennis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
karfer67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 72 squareback is on there Smile
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who have already entered their cars. I am interested in what this Registry means to you, as well as those who have chosen not to participate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
karfer67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the registery i found a lot of very useful info on there things i did not know before and it is cool to see the other type 3's that are on there as well. keep up the good work.
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. As we get more cars in the Registry, we will have a better picture about the remaining cars. At this point, it looks like the Squareback (Variant) has the top spot.

I would also like to let everyone know that the Registry is about finding all of the remaining 3's that are out there, and that they do not have to be in perfect condition. If you are working on it, you don't have to wait until you are done to enter it. You can update your car at any time, and as often as you want as changes occur. You can submit a new photo as it changes too.

You can use the same form that you used to add the car, just check the Update option at the bottom next to the Submit button. If you have any questions, just let me know and I will help in any way I can.

And don't forget that the Parts and Scrapped cars also should be entered, before we lose track of their existance.

Thanks again,

Dennis
PapaG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 4... 2 -71 squarebacks, 1 69 fastback, and 1 68 squareback. I would have said I have done this whan I had my first 71 years ago, but maybe not. I know I have on my 87 Syncro Vanagon. The 2 71's are at the farm, so vin's would have to wait awhile.

Richard
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a hard time wanting to put my cars on the list as most are an amalgamation of different cars to make one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Flatfront
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
i have a hard time wanting to put my cars on the list as most are an amalgamation of different cars to make one.

SAme here.
Singlecab Ruby Red
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL Type 3 cars are welcome, regardless of their current condition. Some cars exist because they are using parts from different cars, pan, body, fenders, etc. In some cases, the pan VIN is a Scrapped car that was used to make a whole car with a body (different VIN) from another. Both VIN's are entered, and we end up using the body VIN to identify the current car.

We have one car that has been chopped. I am hoping for some of the pickup converstions to submit their cars. Stock, custom, or whatever, if it is a Type 3, it has a home here. And in all cases, photos are encouraged, but not required.

What I am trying to do with the Registry is to find all of the remaining 3's that exist. Every week, more are scrapped or parted out, and then they are gone. If we get them in the Registry, at least we have a record of their existance, and maybe even where they went.

Thanks again,

Dennis
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareD wrote:
ALL Type 3 cars are welcome, regardless of their current condition.

Yes Brian, even pink girly cars with their tops cut off Laughing but at least you don't have the color matching blue and pink wheels anymore Embarassed

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it would be cool to have these "custom" cars included. Even though I may not setup my car the way someone else does, I still appreciate the fact that they spent the time and effort and money to create their own version of a 3.

The people who own and drive 3's are a varied group, and I like the idea of getting a chance to see how they turn out. As for the body style when they are entered, I would list them in the Registry based on their original configuration and VIN.

Thanks again,

Dennis
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareD wrote:
Thanks to all who have already entered their cars. I am interested in what this Registry means to you, as well as those who have chosen not to participate.

I will get mine on there soon. I'm all about procrastination, but they will be on there eventually.
Samba Member #4862
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
SquareD wrote:

Yes Brian, even pink girly cars with their tops cut off Laughing but at least you don't have the color matching blue and pink wheels anymore Embarassed

LOL! In all honesty, knowing where they ended up is a cool factor with the site as a whole. The flip side to all this. I can go down to Interstate VW and take a pic of the couple hunded hoods he has and know that each one represents a dead T3 with a vin we will never know. Crying or Very sad

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
SquareTone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bubblehead wrote:
SquareD wrote:

I will get mine on there soon. I'm all about procrastination, but they will be on there eventually.

Same here - except for the "soon" part.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
SquareD wrote:

wow man... i forgot you had snapped pics of it way back then! the white/white interior and 8 spokes were sooooooo long ago... this is now.

Last edited by vwfye on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of mine have been submitted.
Samba Member #4862
redbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, and I posted information on the www.aircoolers.org GCB to help spread the word Cool

I am not trying to mess with your thread here D, but can someone pm me more info on these wheels? It seems we had a local discussion about these and the name "Libra" and "Datsun" was brought up Confused . A fellow cooler was inteested in getting info on them and was having a bit of trouble........would like to help him out if I can Smile

Only 3 from Texas ?..........damn, My car is RARE Rolling Eyes
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
this is now.

I notice it still has the Idaho plate on it. Are you planning on returning?

FU#3
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wheels are American Racing "LeMans" wheels... 15x5.5
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope neil... i kept the plates because we stilled owned the house in idaho at the time. but, now i have to register it over here... sorry, but i am never moving back to the desert!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: