Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear drum locked up
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarewerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Rear drum locked up Reply with quote

I was traveling down a road in my neighborhood and just dove into a huge pothole and when i hit it it locked my rear drums up and i had to drive home that way. What could have caused this, when it happened i tried pulling my E-brake but it was so tight i couldn't even do that! whats up guys? '70 square with 4 lugs.
redbug74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe when you dove into the pot hole something (the ground, debris, the edge of the pot hole) went as far up as the spot where the e-brake cable exits the pan or where it enters the backing plate and it broke or bent the cable. This put tension on the cable/e-brake handle thus locking up the rear brakes. Check the bottom of your car, especially where the e-brake cable exits the pan/enters the drum. Or the ratchet mechanism on your e-brake was all loose and the sudden jerk from the pot hole made the ratchet/teeth come loose and slip all the way down, eliminating the upward stroke of the e-brake handle. Pull up the e-brake boot and try to determine where things are. Hope that helps.
squarewerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks i will check it out
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: