Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Petri Wheels
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubel Nick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 2 spoke Petri I'm currently restoring, paid $30 on eBay a year or so ago Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
Whats a fair price to pay ???

Pretty much as much as you want to afford Wink Haven't seen one for less then $650 in awhile for just the wheel (no button, etc)
Jimmy Perez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

slammed 56 wrote:
Hi,

Before I go out and buy one of these I need as much Info on Banjo wheels as possable please .....

What should I be looking for ( so I dont get ripped off ) ???
etc

Now On To ......Horn buttons

Rarety and prices please

Very Happy

Petri Pealit, Petri Banjo and Petri horn button. If you didn't get 1 in 2005, the price and rarity seems to have doubled Shocked
Get them while you can Exclamation Not my ad Crying or Very sad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=480244
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

Jimmy Perez wrote:
Petri Pealit, Petri Banjo and Petri horn button. If you didn't get 1 in 2005, the price and rarity seems to have doubled Shocked

Yeah that's true, Jimmy!

Or you have to be very patient and very lucky.. Wink I've found this Pealit here in the Netherlands for a really good price about 2 weeks ago.. The guy didn't know what he had Cool

Although it seems to me that the prices of horn buttons (and empi steering wheels) has come down a bit. There wasa sundial horn button in the classifieds last week, for I think $500, which I think was a pretty decent price. Last year a button like that would have been for sale for around $600-$700...

Good luck in your find!

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

kai wrote:
Jimmy Perez wrote:

Yeah that's true, Jimmy!

Or you have to be very patient and very lucky.. Wink I've found this Pealit here in the Netherlands for a really good price about 2 weeks ago.. The guy didn't know what he had Cool

Although it seems to me that the prices of horn buttons (and empi steering wheels) has come down a bit. There wasa sundial horn button in the classifieds last week, for I think $500, which I think was a pretty decent price. Last year a button like that would have been for sale for around $600-$700...

Good luck in your find!
I like to be different... Wink Cool

oval56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an i payed 3600€ for this steering:

the problem was i got a complete car wich was mounted on the steering Very Happy

but what is with this offer in the classifieds:

10000$ for 3 wheels + 2 buttons????

1956 Oval, 2364ccm typ4
1957 Oval Ragtop 1584ccm singel port modified
1950 Hebmüller, 1584ccm okrasa modified

DBK Germany!!!!!!!!!!
www.dbkvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
psychosquirrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oval56 wrote:

Looked to me like it is 10G's for one wheel, however it doesnt specify!
Jimmy Perez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oval57 wrote:
oval56 wrote:

Looked to me like it is 10G's for one wheel, however it doesnt specify!

I'm pretty sure it's for the whole lot Exclamation Seems to have removed the OBO from ad Confused
Dave Haviland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alot of dough to fork out all at once. He'd probably be better off splitting them up and selling them individually.

Dave
oval56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Haviland wrote:
That's alot of dough to fork out all at once. He'd probably be better off splitting them up and selling them individually.

Dave

but 10k is a lot..... also after splitting it

1956 Oval, 2364ccm typ4
1957 Oval Ragtop 1584ccm singel port modified
1950 Hebmüller, 1584ccm okrasa modified

DBK Germany!!!!!!!!!!
www.dbkvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

Hi kai did you get it from a guy name jac king/jack kingma?? his mail address is [email protected]?? I already bought and that steering wheel is allready mine, I mail the guy and he agree,I transfer the 125euro the asking price, the next morning he said received the money he will post the wheel in the afternoon or the next day latest,(the status on marktplaats was gereserveerd) in the evening he mail me when he was away his wife sell my steering wheel to someone(didnt make sense as he didnt put phone number and address in his add) and it was you, I still keep the mail from him for the proof, I report to marktplaats.nl but they cant do anything,I also still have the bank transfer proof and he transfer my money back with extra 10euro( smarte geld), I transfer back the 10euro right away.
I allready had feeling you the one who took that steering wheel as I know you one of the accesories guy here. I still can,t accept that deal!!!!

FAJAR.

kai wrote:
Jimmy Perez wrote:

Yeah that's true, Jimmy!

Good luck in your find!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

sorry to hijack the post but I see my steering whell pic in this post!!
slammed 56 wrote:
Hi,

Before I go out and buy one of these I need as much Info on Banjo wheels as possable please .....

What should I be looking for ( so I dont get ripped off ) ???
etc

Now On To ......Horn buttons

Rarety and prices please

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

surfindo wrote:
Hi kai did you get it from a guy name jac king/jack kingma?? his mail address is [email protected]?? I already bought and that steering wheel is allready mine, I mail the guy and he agree,I transfer the 125euro the asking price, the next morning he said received the money he will post the wheel in the afternoon or the next day latest,(the status on marktplaats was gereserveerd) in the evening he mail me when he was away his wife sell my steering wheel to someone(didnt make sense as he didnt put phone number and address in his add) and it was you, I still keep the mail from him for the proof, I report to marktplaats.nl but they cant do anything,I also still have the bank transfer proof and he transfer my money back with extra 10euro( smarte geld), I transfer back the 10euro right away.
I allready had feeling you the one who took that steering wheel as I know you one of the accesories guy here. I still can,t accept that deal!!!!

FAJAR.

kai wrote:
Jimmy Perez wrote:

Yeah that's true, Jimmy!

Good luck in your find!

What do you expect this guy to do about it? Sucks that it happened, but he can't control the seller. You got your money back, lost out on what everybody knows is a STEAL, it happens. Fact is, its in his possession, he paid for it, its his.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

Hallo wiggy,
first i didn,t mention about what I expect, I been lurking this forum since 2003, in my book KAI is OK guy ( never met him in person), in the past I had mail contact wit him when I want to sell my NOS semaphore, he still Ok guy if he didnt know that the steering wheel was sold, (now he knows). the point from my post I feel the steering whell was sold to me, money received by the seller and the steering whell is ready to post.
next time you buy parts in swap meet after you pay the items than sombody grab the parts, give the seller extra money, you not going to say anything?? just tell your self what can he do,it happen, its not his control yada yada?? I dont think so!!! yes he paid for it and it his now but I also paid for it,theres moral in between, You might be know KAI good from samba.com or somewhere else and see me as outsider, I dont care!! I was asking KAI and let him know the whole situation.
this one of mail from the seller:
Sent : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 8:12 AM
To : "fajar bahrfeldt" <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: Reactie op uw advertentie: antiek stuur stuurwiel wit
Hallo fajar,
Het geld staat nu al op mijn rekening. Het stuur gaat vanmiddag of morgenochtend op de post.
vriendelijke groet,
Jack Kingma
= the money is in my account I post the steeringwheel this afternoon or tommorow morning. comón wiggy if you in my situation you do nothing??? do you support this??
I have more email from the seller
thanks anyway for your comment!!!
Fajar

Wiggy wrote:
surfindo wrote:

FAJAR.

kai wrote:
Jimmy Perez wrote:

Yeah that's true, Jimmy!

Good luck in your find!

What do you expect this guy to do about it? Sucks that it happened, but he can't control the seller. You got your money back, lost out on what everybody knows is a STEAL, it happens. Fact is, its in his possession, he paid for it, its his.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Petri Wheels Reply with quote

surfindo wrote:
Hallo wiggy,
first i didn,t mention about what I expect, I been lurking this forum since 2003, in my book KAI is OK guy ( never met him in person), in the past I had mail contact wit him when I want to sell my NOS semaphore, he still Ok guy if he didnt know that the steering wheel was sold, (now he knows). the point from my post I feel the steering whell was sold to me, money received by the seller and the steering whell is ready to post.
next time you buy parts in swap meet after you pay the items than sombody grab the parts, give the seller extra money, you not going to say anything?? just tell your self what can he do,it happen, its not his control yada yada?? I dont think so!!! yes he paid for it and it his now but I also paid for it,theres moral in between, You might be know KAI good from samba.com or somewhere else and see me as outsider, I dont care!! I was asking KAI and let him know the whole situation.
this one of mail from the seller:
Sent : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 8:12 AM
To : "fajar bahrfeldt" <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: Reactie op uw advertentie: antiek stuur stuurwiel wit
Hallo fajar,
Het geld staat nu al op mijn rekening. Het stuur gaat vanmiddag of morgenochtend op de post.
vriendelijke groet,
Jack Kingma
= the money is in my account I post the steeringwheel this afternoon or tommorow morning. comón wiggy if you in my situation you do nothing??? do you support this??
I have more email from the seller
thanks anyway for your comment!!!
Fajar

Wiggy wrote:
surfindo wrote:

FAJAR.

kai wrote:
Jimmy Perez wrote:

Yeah that's true, Jimmy!

Good luck in your find!

I totally agree that it would be bullshit for someone to knowingly throw more money at a guy after the deal was done.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree that it would be bullshit for someone to knowingly throw more money at a guy after the deal was done.
yes big bullshit!!!
the seller din't put his phone or address ,so if sombody pick up the steering wheel in his address they have to contact each other(e-mail in this case). the storry of his wife sell the steering wheel that afternoon the same time he promised me to post the package?? the item was gereserveerd/pending on the site and that evening after I received the mail the add ofcourse DELETED so I couldn't see if somebody offer more ,FISHY.....
Hallo KAI any comment??
FAJAR
El Guero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey surfindo 125 euros you sent him that was a super deal
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfindo wrote:
yes big bullshit!!!
the seller din't put his phone or address ,so if sombody pick up the steering wheel in his address they have to contact each other(e-mail in this case). the storry of his wife sell the steering wheel that afternoon the same time he promised me to post the package?? the item was gereserveerd/pending on the site and that evening after I received the mail the add ofcourse DELETED so I couldn't see if somebody offer more ,FISHY.....
Hallo KAI any comment??
FAJAR

Hi Fajar,
I really feel sorry for you, that seller should not have acted to you like that.
All I did was make the seller an offer by email (by the way a lot higher than yours) and then I could pick it up that night, so I did. I don't think I did anything wrong, but I do feel sorry for you for the way this turned out for you. I would have been pissed too! Evil or Very Mad

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
El Guero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kai how much did you score it for in US dollars Cool
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kai wrote:
surfindo wrote:
yes big bullshit!!!
Hallo KAI any comment??
FAJAR

Hi Fajar,
I really feel sorry for you, that seller should not have acted to you like that.
All I did was make the seller an offer by email (by the way a lot higher than yours) and then I could pick it up that night, so I did. I don't think I did anything wrong, but I do feel sorry for you for the way this turned out for you. I would have been pissed too! Evil or Very Mad

this is a crap situation, I have lost out of stuff off samba ads because the seller asked one price i agree to pay then someone comes in and offers more and they sell it to them

HOWEVER, it does not sound like this is what Kai did, If this was a Make offer deal its up to the seller to sell it to the person he wants. I know Kai personally and know for a FACT he would not under mine someone to get a deal for himself

what this sounds like is a bad case of communication/greed with the seller. He wanted more money and took the highest offer.
hope he refunds your money back

again i do not feel like Kai did anything wrong
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt know what the realy situation was, only the seller version
one thing I know, the steering wheel is SOLD to me, 1 second after he agree to sell to me and received the noney, he didnt have any right to sell to somebody else, the fact the steering whell is still in his place doesnt mean it belong to him anymore. I dont see any comunication problem here its total bullshit $$$$$ problems.
I was't sure what I bought,I didnt know what petri for what car but I search samba that day and see same pics on the gallery , so I agree the asking price. yes 125 was a steal now its DOUBLE STEAL!!
I get my money back that not really the topic here,
if he didnt refunds my money I visit him (seriously!!)
FAJAR.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: