Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel injected gas mileage
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negawsklov17 wrote:
well, i've been filling up the tank many times as i'm sure we all have, and on my FUEL INJECTED STOCK MOTOR i get 160 miles per tank maximum. it's really the pits, which is one of the reasons i'm planning to switch it over to dual 34 dell's with the help of my father.

and no you can't have my FI parts, sorry

Also check your system voltage after the voltage regulator. The FI system is sensitive to input voltage and if your regulator is going to heck and not providing enough voltage, the system will run rich and your mileage will suffer.

You should be able to go low to mid 20s city driving with the stock FI. Switching to dual carbs probably won't improve your mileage.
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
https://www.carartbyjohn.com
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
negawsklov17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input guys, i'll try those things when i go home this weekend.

oh yeah!

anybody going to kelley park??? i wanna meet some t3'ers on sunday.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: