Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

paint schemes
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
anavel-gato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: paint schemes Reply with quote

everybody list some cool paint scheme suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
anavel-gato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

ok or not
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
jps1145
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see in my signature, I did the two tone black and white. I know it's not "acurate" but still classic and nice. The inside was charcol tweed seats and head liner and burgundy carpet, a really nice compliment.
I have one suggestion though with a two tone paint. Make sure to mask off the door jambs and the sides of the door or the accent color will bleed into the jamb and really look bad.
-John
My Baja
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bmtx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you sound like you speak from experience. If it is a big deal to ya, you could remove the oversray if its not too bad with a little sand and buff. Sorry for the thread hi-jack.
Claire
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My paint is a three-stage sun yellow/pearl/clear. There is black pinstriping on the car and the windows are black tinted. Since the outside is yellow and black, I'm bringing the outside in and carrying on the yellow and black theme inside the car too. My car was customized beyond hope of restoration and I bought it knowing that, so I'm keeping it light-hearted and fun and going with the sporty black and yellow interior.

I saw a neat looking silver bug the other day that had silver-grey vinyl interior with ivory knobs on the dash, doors handles, shifter, steering wheel etc. and ivory piping trim on the silver grey seats. It looked very cool, but something about it reminded me of the inside of a hearse or a coffin. It looked just great, but it struck me as a little creepy somehow.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: