Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

On my way to the PNW!
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: On my way to the PNW! Reply with quote

Well Im out of the house, money is in the bank and my car is packed and ready. I will be in the LA are visiting friends and a couple of VW shops come monday before my first stop in Sacramento, Bug O Rama. Then maybe over to the Bay area (Frank, Jacin). Then up the 101 for a leasurly jaunt to the DDB in Portland. I will call all who is involved ahead of time to let you know whats up. This weekend is last chance party in San Diego-Lakeside. Anyone in the area and interested Im at (951)760-5747. Wish me luck!

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
x43x
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a safe trip! Since I live in Renton we will be neighbors. My car should be done at the end of next month so when it's sunny, you might see it being driven around the area.

Robbie
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You partying at Ron's house???
Too bad I am not out there visiting my son.
Now who am I going to party with at Christmas. I guess Ron, and Jack.
Good luck in your new endeavors, Jason.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tomnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to be having like travel destinations in the next couple of weeks Shocked

I'm going to be in Sac and Woodburn. Sac I'll be carless, Woodburn could be one of 3 cars- notch, sis's vert, or (with an extremely remote chance) the split. See ya for sure in the Seattle area, like Pegasus!

DVKK

DSD, Dark Side Disciples
Progenitor
TheDDB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomnotch wrote:
We seem to be having like travel destinations in the next couple of weeks Shocked

I'm going to be in Sac and Woodburn. Sac I'll be carless, Woodburn could be one of 3 cars- notch, sis's vert, or (with an extremely remote chance) the split. See ya for sure in the Seattle area, like Pegasus!

Tom if ya dont bring the split bring the notch...
We really want the T3 numbers to be big time...

Home of the only bolt on type 3 air ride kit
http://www.theDDB.com

Its a type 3 thing, so you might not understand
Yes I Walk the Walk
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, bring the Notch to Woodburn. If I'm gonna bust butt to get my Fasty running to take it there .. Laughing

Seriously, though, how many of us on the forum are going to be @ Sac? We outta decide on a meetup time&place since there'll be at least three of us. Very Happy
tomnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have/am busting buttski to get the split to the 1st NIDRA race which is the folllowing weekend after Woodburn, at the Woodburn Import race. I have to take my truck down there as the Notch doesn't hold a new 60 gallon air compressor Shocked , and I would have to do the spring maintenance on my trailer to tow any car. I also need to do some maintenance on the Notch. Sis's car is just sitting there.................

decisions, decisions

Sac I'll be just hanging out in the pits and sweeping the swap meet, and watching the races.

DVKK

DSD, Dark Side Disciples
Progenitor
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hey, I'd just go around *looking* for the rest of y'all at BOR .. if I knew what you or Jason looked like. Laughing Guess I'll just wander around in my Invasion '02 shirt and see if anyone notices.
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jason, I guess the next time I will see you is at the 2006 Invasion.
BTW, If you get around Union, WA, (near Olympia), look up my brothers. They are the old guys with all the Bus's.
http://classicvw.org/gallery/Bruce-Wolfe

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the way up 101 from the Bay Area you're more than welcome to stop by my place for a while. I'm right off the 101, and I'm sure you'll recognize the RHD Notch in the driveway.. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can stay here for the night on your way up if you need. You got the cell. Call me if you need help! Good Luck!!

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
Seriously, though, how many of us on the forum are going to be @ Sac? We outta decide on a meetup time&place since there'll be at least three of us. Very Happy

I plan on being at BOR in Sac next sunday. I'll be the one driving the Ford Aerostar pulling a trailer with a bunch of T3 goodies, a single wheel trailer and a Heilite Aluminum camping trailer. Look for me in the swap area. I'll be wearing a T3 shirt of some kind.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jason have a safe trip. If you're going to either Burgermaster or Vintage meet @ Shoreline C.C. be glad to hook up with you there. I will probably be in my Westy and hanging w/ Eastside Aircooled. I'll buy the first round Cool

Black '65 Resto-Custom S Notch 2110 cc powered
original paint Pearl White '66 Westy SO-42
Allstate single-wheel trailer project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first leg is done. Im in the LA area. I will stay here till Wed visiting a friend, going to ISP Bill&Steves and picking up an oval part for Mike N in Vancouver. Then its straight to Sac. Ill stay there with some other old friends and go to the BOR on Sun. Then I was hoping to cross over to SF hang with Frank, Jacin for the day, tell some lies then up the coast. Mr.Whereouse I should have the time to swing by. Call me (951)760-5747 and we shall see.

When I do get to Seattle I am definatly doing the vintage weekend. Count me in on that. Russ, thanks for the kind words and the lead to your brothers. I will need my 62 notch motor rebuilt soon and I want a mechanic that has forgot more than Ill know to do the work for me. Wink

Guys you cant miss me. Im 6'5" 260 with a 63 sunroof white notchback. Ill be in the show not in the parking lot. Please tap, kick throw something to introduce yourself. My number is above, Im up for before or after meeting so let me know.

Thanks again for all the support. See you at the shows!

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
I plan on being at BOR in Sac next sunday. I'll be the one driving the Ford Aerostar pulling a trailer with a bunch of T3 goodies, a single wheel trailer and a Heilite Aluminum camping trailer. Look for me in the swap area. I'll be wearing a T3 shirt of some kind.

OK, I've had a few questions about these two trailers I'm bringing down to BOR. Here they are. First is a TrailCar singlewheel trailer. I'll be asking $350, but I'm always willing to talk.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

There are a couple more pictures at http://neil.us/type3/singlewheel/

The other trailer is a two wheeled Heilite camping trailer. This sucker is super cool. Weighs about 350 pounds, so it can be easily pulled by a VW. The tent folds down to about 4 or 5 inches high on top of the trailer. It has a water proof cover that goes over it when it's folded up. Asking $650 for this one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

More pictures at http://neil.us/type3/heilite/

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Well the first leg is done...up the coast. Mr.Whereouse I should have the time to swing by. Call me (951)760-5747 and we shall see.

I'll be at BOR as well. I'm easy to find too, especially since you already know what I look like. I'll call you if I don't see you by Saturday night.

We (usually) have a post BOR BBQ at my place in Santa Rosa Sunday night with the local VW guys, and who else cars to make the drive. You're more than welcome to join in for that, and I'm sure we have enough room for you to crash for the night (or longer) if you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll all be gathered at my house on Saturday if anyone cares to stop by just PM me. No Type 3's there, but I won't ban you for having bad taste....lol (I am just kidding, no hate mail please)
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
...going to ISP Bill&Steves and picking up an oval part for Mike N in Vancouver.

Shit! Had I known that I would've asked you to bring up two new bumpers [for the Notch] from Anthony Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got some from them. If you get them from ISP make sure to ask them to remove the washers that they weld on to hang the bumpers when they dip em. I had to take mine off when they got here and now one of the bumpers has a slight wave in it where they were mounted.

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

62type3square wrote:
I just got some from them. If you get them from ISP make sure to ask them to remove the washers that they weld on to hang the bumpers when they dip em. I had to take mine off when they got here and now one of the bumpers has a slight wave in it where they were mounted.

Thanx for the heads up. Yea I was going to order two from Anthony (when I get to that point in the build). Got any pix of what you mean? I'd like to see it. Mahalo.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: