Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wire Bundle Identification
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Wire Bundle Identification Reply with quote

Hello,
I am trying to identify where this bundle of wires goes. I am scratching my head trying to follow in the wiring diagram. Thanks for the help.
1975 FI
I am guessing the test socket.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire Bundle Identification Reply with quote

I see an electrolite level wire and a timing wire, both are for the diagnostic socket. The brown/white may be the booster fan trigger, the brown is a ground.

Find the colors here and see what they do, orange dots with numbers are test socket terminals.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/bus_1975.jpg

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire Bundle Identification Reply with quote

use carb cleaner, Berrymans spray cleaner, or acetone on an old rag to clean the wires first. It will make more sense when you see the real color.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire Bundle Identification Reply with quote

I am not an authority on the diagnostic ports, but maybe this photo will help.

Mr. Blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wire Bundle Identification Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. With everyone's help I think I figured it out. It seems that that bundle went to the original + battery terminal and feeds points on the test plug. I wasn't able to find a good picture of what that original terminal connection looked like. It looks like it all was part of the test circuit.

Thanks again. If anyone has a good photo of that original physical connection at the battery that would be neat to see. The battery terminal cables have been replaced and snipped by someone.
Cheers.

It matches the 75/76 FI wiring diagram.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: