Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My Future German Looker(long post, but worth it I guess, ha)
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
oicdn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: My Future German Looker(long post, but worth it I guess, ha) Reply with quote

Right now, it's completely stock, but I thought I'de take some pics so I could also kinda do an update kinda thing. It's my daily driver, so the way I have to do stuff has to have everything ready swap and have nil downtime if possible. IMO, that's the best way to do things, cause you get to see the before/after effects without having to remember how it was before...ya know, accurate comparo Razz

I'm not much of an asthetics guy...well, function over form, and if you can have both, so be it.

My plans are to create an INSANE handling car. I was going to have Bilsteins all around, but they don't make adjustable ones for supers, so out goes that idea. Out it goes because there would be no way I could lower my car if I use Bilsteins. So it looks like I'll have to settle for some Maxx struts up front, or Gas-A-Just struts/shocks. Sucks, cause I really loved the way Bilsteins rode on my Cavalier.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My rear window.....

My reupholstered interior. It was redone by the guy I bought it from. Although, soon those will be tossed for Recaros or maybe some Porsche seats. Or maybe just some cheapo ones, LOL. Door panels will be replaced with Carbon Joe door panels. Or I can get my buddy to make a set for me, he does carbon work.... You get the idea!

The only major rust on the car (that I've caught thus far atleast). Well, the floorpan halves could be replaced if I didn't want the patched holes the previous owner put in there... There's a little rust starting under the rear window, but no biggie...yet.

Remember this pic of this gap...and the color of that wheel....

My insane motor!!!!!! Razz

MMMMM...stock. Soon to change...

A little blurry. See that Silver wheel? Well, it's an Empi knock off(others are real empi). My rear drum decided it didn't like the lugnuts so it spit them out, and met it's new friend, blacktop concrete at 45mph. That's why there's a gap on that fender because when the lugnuts came out, it ripped the running board from the fender, and the fender from the car....it's bent back as good as it can get. Hahaha.

Now, for what's coming.....

87 Porsche Turbo calipers...yummy. Part of my complete suspension revamp.

Have had these sitting in the trunk for a little over a week. Lowers my front a teeny tiny bit. Rolling Eyes 87 Porche 944 Turbo brakes, rotors, and Master cylinder. Those spindles are stock Super spindles. So that when I get everything done, there's no down time when going to install parts (getting the spindle machined from VDub customs). So one day, I'm stock, the next it's a little Kafer cup car.

Coming soon (in the mail) to finish up this brake package:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7978272628

After I get, atleast the hard part is done. Atleast the hard(er) to get parts. I chose the 944T brakes over the new 930/big red style not only because I personally like the way these calipers look(I think the "Porsche" sticker dealy looks cheesy IMO), but because the parts were a little cheaper, conversion a little easier, and the performance/price ratio was somewhat negligable. And with them powder coated red...should be neato.

After I get that stuff, next on the list is:
Porsche cups, or Turbo twist rims
Maxx Coil-overs
or the Vdubcustoms CRX conversion kit and KYB Gas-A-Just struts/shocks
Vdubcustoms Strut bar
Vdubcustoms Super Duty Tie rods

Depending on how it feels after that, I dunno if I'll get beefier sway bars....but I think it should feel pretty stout after that.

After that is done...it's I'm gonna start workin on getting the 2332 done...or going 3L Type 4.....If you're gonna go, go all out!

Sorry for the long read...hopefully it was worth your time,
Razz

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/ThePoliticalThinker/lb.jpg
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
HotRodedXXX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro that rust in your channel is serious. You need to get those channels replaced before you drop all this money into it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oicdn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the heater channel is getting a revamp at the same time as when the suspension/brakes get done. SO it's an everything at once dealy...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/ThePoliticalThinker/lb.jpg
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: