Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bay area type 3 parts
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkrks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: bay area type 3 parts Reply with quote

Hello again,

So the fastback runs again thank you everyone for your imput. So now the delima (sp?) is local parts? Donsco is really nice but only really carries engine and t1 and t2 crap... I need misc. interior parts for the 70 fast and bunches of parts for the 71 square. I know there's always the internet classified but how nice is it to find a local supplier... spend it where you make it. Hold the part in your hand and really know if it's what I need or if it's just a part that's 30 plus years old and that's why the seller is selling Oh local like bay area penninsula
Kenaneu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of places to go...

I have had good luck with Peninsula Automotive in Campbell - they're a long shot better than Donsco as far as being T3 knowledgeable and can get most parts.

http://www.peninsulaautomotive.com/

Another great resource, especially for knowledge/service is Tom at Beetlemania in San Mateo. He's a cool guy, does great work and is always on time/on estimate.

If anyone else knows good places other than these, please don't keep them a secret!
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the good bay area type 3 parts get hoarded up and are put under lock and key Twisted Evil
mkrks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*** that drive them that's what they are for. Oh yea all those guys that'll say "hey I've been around vw's for 30 years and ya know what I think, drp the F.I. and go carbs" are just technologically illeterate... come on how difficult is a multi meter?

O.K. so I may not be able to spell the greatest, I can figure things out other than just the basic mechanics
raru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard good things about peninsula too, but never shopped there myself. i've only heard horror stories about Tassy's.
95 Jetta
98 323is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what Peninsula has in stock as far as Type 3 interior items and other misc. bits but they are pretty good for picking up your basic things. The guys are knowledgeable and cool. If you do make it down to Campbell be sure to say what's up to Blue. Not sure if he's wrenching again or is working the counter.
Kenaneu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raru wrote:
i've heard good things about peninsula too, but never shopped there myself. i've only heard horror stories about Tassy's.

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't mention them... They've had basics for me in a pinch, like gen brushes and the like, but not good for anything else, IMO.
neilbates
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also Bugformance in San Jose, Bruce has helped me with my 68 and all my needs for it, and Bugformance in Sunnyvale, never shopped the one in Sunnyvale but have seen them at shows and they were very knowledgable also. In Santa Cruz there is a VW shop, can't remember the name of it but they have both new old air and dare I say it water parts.
Nid
Samba Drama Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce and the San Jose Bugformance rule. Then the Sunnyvale Bugformance. Then Peninsula. That's how I rank them.

If you do go to peninsula, stop by the Plaza Theatres across Winchester, in the Safeway parking lot and say hi! I should be working there a lot this summer.

Fuck your God, Your Lord and your Christ, he did this
Took all you had and left you this way

A Perfect Circle - Judith
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mkrks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen a shop called something like "fred's vw" in the san carlos area but haven't found the time to find it again and stop. anyone been there? Oh I talked with Tassi's; real nice; no help; real nice though...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: