Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Childhood Dune Buggy dream a reality!
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endoboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Childhood Dune Buggy dream a reality! Reply with quote

http://www.markwoodhead.com/assets/images/db_stow_03.jpg

"I was 11 years old when I first saw it. It was 1975, and I was visiting my grandparents outside Boston. My grandfather was a toolmaker. The family business made tools for making tools...dial gauges were our specialty. So a trip through the family shop back then was like living a fantasy for a tool-obsessed boy like me. And there, in the entryway to the shop, was a bright blue dune buggy kit car, covered with dust and unfinished. I was sitting in it when my grandpa came in and found me. He was smoking his pipe, and didn’t even have to ask me if I wanted it. It was obvious by the ear-to-ear grin and the faked engine shifting noises spurting out of my mouth. That was the day he said I could have it, once I got my license, of course."

That's the first passage from my Web site section about my dune buggy. I just got it delilvered last Monday night, and I just posted some new photos and text of the family farm and loading up the buggy for transport.

Check it out here:
http://www.markwoodhead.com/html/dune_buggy.html

The first page is just a background about my obsession and the race car-building background of my uncle from the late 60s and early 70s. Then click the link that says "Buggy Build" and it will take you to the new pictures.

I'd love to hear any feedback you all might have, especially on titling buggies in California.

Thanks for looking,
Mark
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: