Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'61 Camper w/ og grey white PATINA!
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: '61 Camper w/ og grey white PATINA! Reply with quote

ok guys, heres my bus- old pic but it looks the same except that im going to take off the og vw embelm (too good a patina to paint over) and put on a white one. since i have a green/white tent, the whole color scheme should correspond to that. Rack/ladder is ugly red but will be painted industrial roof rack silver or grey
(any advice which color? rattle can or?)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It used to be in a bus hoarder's shop for past 20-25 years in the high desert so cal, and I pulled it out from its slumber 2 yrs ago or so (yes he has more busses but thinning out!) it reads 58xxx miles so it must be original. I doubt it's hit 158k miles- as far i can tell the undercarriage is virgin nearly no rust holes. so possibly its a 58k mile bus?

cargo floors- SWEET! used to act as indoor shop storage shed for motor parts etc so- that left a protective layer of grease on the floor. wiped it out and voila! only one small rust hole where the factory stamping for seat mounts are- {cant upload pic from gallery? so go there}
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=100653

NOS unknown manufacture tent- anyone know what it is? i doubt its a westy one...

Currently building my first motor from ground up- a 1776 w 110 cam and 044 CB 40x35 heads and some cool period pieces such as 019 screamer (from glenn ring) and low profile shroud, 36 dells, etc. Any ideas for linkage? and quick! bugormama 56 is coming around the corner!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/DEAFpowered/1776.bmp

im trying to make it circa late 70s to early 80s- with the 14x6 appliance pacers and some period accessories such as hurst shifter, etc- other than that its all new and updated such as narrowed 4 inch beam (by the infamous miroran werks. i was lucky to get my beam before he really FACKED UP everybody) and mechanicals- it was necessary due to super deep dish pacers.... rear has bug brakes because if i had wider drums the wheels wud stick out much further and no i didnt do the cut up wheel wells. it came out the shop like that w flares that was screwed on- I'm extremely thankful it was never 'glassed on!!!! I have og flat lip wheelwell sheetmetal waiting to be welded back on but it looks good the way it is now w the rims. if new wheel combination comes up- will weld the piece on but the body is too good to touch for now.

what started this project's themed direction was this cool decal-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=103848

it has a built to specs straight axle rancho bus trans, german brake components from BFY, etc etc. 2 years off and on project. I also have been working on a '56 RHD ragtop for about 7 years. its currently undergoing heater channel repair @ kombi haus by jim bass and his guys. all my vws should be coming together finally this year or next!

let me know what u think guys !!!
and oh yeah anyone know of a small 70's to 80's era motorcycle trailer? I was thinkin of adding a westy style trailer hitch and haul my 11,800 mile '74 honda cl360 (also green!) around to camping and shows....
here is a couple of pics- should i do it? only if i can find period perfect and small enough of a trailer for it!!!

Im hoping to make it under its own power @ BOR #56!!! wish me luck!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: