Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brezelwerks - Gary - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Brezelwerks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 14, 2022
FloydGreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Never Received Hardware Reply with quote

Unfortunately my experience with Gary and Brezelworks has not been positive. Brezelworks does not acknowledge payment nor do they send you tracking or notice when your package goes out.

I paid for security hardware sets for two buses a few months back. After weeks going by and few unanswered emails i started a paypal claim and Gary answered the claim and emailed me that he had mailed out the package weeks ago. The tracking he provided showed that the package never left Massachusetts. It tooks a few days back and forth and Gary said he would mail out another package since the first one was obviously lost. He agreed to ship to a new address and that was the last I had heard from him or Brezelworks. I emailed him a few times to ask what is going on and silence. I am going to initiate a credit card claim am just really disappointed it has come to this. Im hoping Brezelworks sees this since they dont seem to answer any other form of communication
James Dwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got a response to my 4 emails before paypal'd them about the plastic red antenna tip. I read through some of the previous responses from Gary and decided that it was possible they didn't think an $18 sale was worth responding to emails so I sent it anyway.
That was on May 29th. I just sent my first email inquiring about the order. I'll give them 48 hours then initiate a charge back.
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 SuperVert

"Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold. Acapulco gold!" Robert Plant
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Dwan wrote:
I never got a response to my 4 emails before paypal'd them about the plastic red antenna tip. I read through some of the previous responses from Gary and decided that it was possible they didn't think an $18 sale was worth responding to emails so I sent it anyway.
That was on May 29th. I just sent my first email inquiring about the order. I'll give them 48 hours then initiate a charge back.

If you really want the part I would wait longer to see if it arrives first but this is the response I got last time I emailed Gary at a buyer's response:

"please refer these people to paypal to resolve."

Apparently that is his preferred method of resolving any inquiries about status.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
James Dwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow… thanks Everett. The show is on the 7th so we'll see. I'll update this thread when the status becomes known.
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 SuperVert

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Never Received Hardware Reply with quote

FloydGreen wrote:
Unfortunately my experience with Gary and Brezelworks has not been positive. Brezelworks does not acknowledge payment nor do they send you tracking or notice when your package goes out.

I paid for security hardware sets for two buses a few months back. After weeks going by and few unanswered emails i started a paypal claim and Gary answered the claim and emailed me that he had mailed out the package weeks ago. The tracking he provided showed that the package never left Massachusetts. It tooks a few days back and forth and Gary said he would mail out another package since the first one was obviously lost. He agreed to ship to a new address and that was the last I had heard from him or Brezelworks. I emailed him a few times to ask what is going on and silence. I am going to initiate a credit card claim am just really disappointed it has come to this. Im hoping Brezelworks sees this since they dont seem to answer any other form of communication

I apologize for the delay on this. As you know and let you know several times, the post office had advised me they would be investigating the delivery problem, as it is actually quite rare that packages go missing, and yours was sent like all packages with a tracking number.

I have followed up twice a week at the post to get a status and they have indicated the order is in transit, as you know, and since they lose practically nothing, they advised to remain patient.

As this is the busy season, and a small custom fab operation, there is limited bandwidth in order to answer the number of calls and emails that flood in here daily, so when a problem like this happens, its going to take extra time to manage in, at the worst possible time of the season.

We agreed I would send you out a replacement set of hardware, and as you know the inventory was short a few pieces, which I had reordered but has not yet arrived either, so I held back shipping the replacements, and been checking the delivery status daily meanwhile. So the delay in this rare instance is a result of several timing issues, however I will as always, resolve it. I was waiting until Friday for a last word from the usps, and if no replacement hardware arrives, I will ship what is in stock to you, and refund the out of stock hardware, as I already indicated I would do, and it will ship with a tracking number.

Again sorry this order had the worst of situations going on, but will get this sorted shortly, thank you.
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
James Dwan wrote:

If you really want the part I would wait longer to see if it arrives first but this is the response I got last time I emailed Gary at a buyer's response:

"please refer these people to paypal to resolve."

Apparently that is his preferred method of resolving any inquiries about status.

Yes, most customers order by Paypal, and I believe all of them already know Paypal offers them automatic protection, and a form of customer service through their resolve an issue claim process.

I have indicated to Everett, thesamba classifeds of course, is not an ecommerce site that should additionally engage his unpaid time to perform customer service, as Paypal already provides a very easy issue/claim service.

Also, as this is an extremely busy small shop, if/when an issue arises it is important to have one process and mostly one contact point for resolving an issue, especially during busy periods such as now, and that is via Paypal, not Everett, and also not here in the feedback section, or via thesamba PMs, which both are seldom checked, as small shops just do not have the bandwidth daily to check a half dozen contact points.
James Dwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I should check with paypal on the status of my order?
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 SuperVert

59RAIDER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Constantine

I have inquired about a Kienzle Retainer nut and a Hazet Tool Kit Decal (Inner Lid) If you get a second please let me know if they are available - thanks again.

Ruben Martinez
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Dwan wrote:

James, no offense honestly, and this message is not just pointed at you directly, but if customers read my ads prior to purchase, as I've mentioned to you prior, they clearly state:

- Sorry as a small custom fab shop it is not possible to take phone calls during business hours, please use email only to: [email protected], and we will try to respond soon as time allows.

- We do not provide order/shipping updates unless there is a problem, as processing times for custom made products are all estimated, and vary daily, especially during the holiday and pre driving seasons, please expect delays prior to the driving season and prior to the holidays.

What this means is, if you know what you are looking for, you can order it simply with a paypal payment. As this is a small custom fab operation I unfortunately do not have the bandwidth to provide tech support, or it interferes alot (a big understatement) with processing and shipping orders daily.

This is why most of my ads are detailed as much as possible, to help guide customers best as possible. I also understand and completely accept I will not be able to sell to every possible customer with how my terms need to work, and this is ok, as-is, because my shop routinely is fully booked, and has been now for over a decade.

Also, delivery times still will vary on in stock items, because many more orders during the busy season means much more admin work even than processing orders at times, plus what was in stock can rapidly run out of stock during the always crazy show season upon us, including raw materials, since what gets ordered is all mostly unforeseen and difficult to plan for.

Therefore, I've purposely indicated to please expect delays during this time.

As you also placed your order two days before my annual shutdown, along with more than hundred people did, to beat the order-in deadline, so this is where/when admin time overtakes actual processing time. So I'm organizing and managing batching what has to be done, to be fair as possible to those ordering at the end of my ordering season.

That said, your order is being processed in line, with the next run of red translucent items, as I must batch orders similar to yours during this time of year to be efficient and as fair as possible to everyone waiting, so there is a wait on even most items, as we are in the June show season.

Be assured many orders are shipping daily here, and since Paypal gives you 30 days to submit a claim, should that day approach and you have not received the item you can submit the claim if you have not heard back from me, of course, even if your order is in process, no problem.

If I foresee a big problem with your order before getting to 30 days I do make best efforts to let customers know of the situation. In your case, a little over 10 days now is not halfway there of being a big problem, in my assessment, and nor do I produce any order to hit show dates, for anyone, as all orders are trying to hit show dates, but many are still ordering at the worst time of the year.

Lastly, please note never have I ever not refunded someone after Paypals' 30 day claim period expired, and sometimes customers even forget an order, but I don't, so you are ALWAYS protected (BY ME) if there is really long delay, where you can either continue to want to wait, or you still have the option to just ask me to refund when the delay is just not workable, and when this happens its extremely rare given well over a hundred orders a month are shipping from here.

Thank you for the patience, I do appreciate greatly when customers fully read my ads to give them the best expectations possible, and to accept ahead of time some to expect some delay during this time.
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

59RAIDER wrote:
Mr Constantine

I have inquired about a Kienzle Retainer nut and a Hazet Tool Kit Decal (Inner Lid) If you get a second please let me know if they are available - thanks again.

Ruben Martinez

The Hazet tool kit decal was deactivated temporarily, but those are in stock.

Only a few Kienzle clock retainer nuts are in stock.

The shop officially stopped taking orders on June 1st, but as these are in stock they can be purchased, so I will send you a total shortly, because you cannot see this ad.

This is a good example however, of how I have steadily deactivated 3/4 of my ads headed into show season and my annual shutdown, to focus on some select items that are most likely to be able to be made or processed to ship, and in several cases this means even temporarily not advertising items actually in stock.

Since you wish to purchase what is advertised, I can include also what is not advertised that is in stock, look in your email later today for a response, thank you.
59RAIDER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always its a pleasure - thanks Mr Constantine !

Ruben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
James Dwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
James Dwan wrote:

James, no offense honestly, and this message is not just pointed at you directly, but if customers read my ads prior to purchase, as I've mentioned to you prior, they clearly state:

- Sorry as a small custom fab shop it is not possible to take phone calls during business hours, please use email only to: [email protected], and we will try to respond soon as time allows.

- We do not provide order/shipping updates unless there is a problem, as processing times for custom made products are all estimated, and vary daily, especially during the holiday and pre driving seasons, please expect delays prior to the driving season and prior to the holidays.

Also, delivery times still will vary on in stock items, because many more orders during the busy season means much more admin work even than processing orders at times, plus what was in stock can rapidly run out of stock during the always crazy show season upon us, including raw materials, since what gets ordered is all mostly unforeseen and difficult to plan for.

Therefore, I've purposely indicated to please expect delays during this time.

As you also placed your order two days before my annual shutdown, along with more than hundred people did, to beat the order-in deadline, so this is where/when admin time overtakes actual processing time. So I'm organizing and managing batching what has to be done, to be fair as possible to those ordering at the end of my ordering season.

That said, your order is being processed in line, with the next run of red translucent items, as I must batch orders similar to yours during this time of year to be efficient and as fair as possible to everyone waiting, so there is a wait on even most items, as we are in the June show season.

Be assured many orders are shipping daily here, and since Paypal gives you 30 days to submit a claim, should that day approach and you have not received the item you can submit the claim if you have not heard back from me, of course, even if your order is in process, no problem.

If I foresee a big problem with your order before getting to 30 days I do make best efforts to let customers know of the situation. In your case, a little over 10 days now is not halfway there of being a big problem, in my assessment, and nor do I produce any order to hit show dates, for anyone, as all orders are trying to hit show dates, but many are still ordering at the worst time of the year.

Lastly, please note never have I ever not refunded someone after Paypals' 30 day claim period expired, and sometimes customers even forget an order, but I don't, so you are ALWAYS protected (BY ME) if there is really long delay, where you can either continue to want to wait, or you still have the option to just ask me to refund when the delay is just not workable, and when this happens its extremely rare given well over a hundred orders a month are shipping from here.

Thank you for the patience, I do appreciate greatly when customers fully read my ads to give them the best expectations possible, and to accept ahead of time some to expect some delay during this time.

Gary, first off, thanks for the update. I did read your ad before I placed the order. It said that items usually ship within 3 days after payment was received and buyer would be notified if there was a problem. I also had no idea that the red tip was a custom order.
I had sent emails about this item going back to May 14th. I never received a response to any of those so I purchased it anyway. Which was 2 days before the cut off date.
It became clear that the item did not ship within 3 days but I received no email. I am aware this not an E-commerce site, however this was the only way to find out the item I ordered. I have not ordered anything from Brezel works before so I was only going by what was on your ad and not the info contained in this thread. I look forward to receiving it and do hope it fits the bus antenna.
That was my concern before I placed the order. I never received a response to my emails and even created a thread in the Accessory section on The Samba to confirm that a bug antenna is the same as a bus antenna at the end where this tip fits since your ad states it is for a bug.
Thanks.
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 SuperVert

Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Dwan wrote:
Brezelwerks wrote:
James Dwan wrote:

Gary, first off, thanks for the update. I did read your ad before I placed the order. It said that items usually ship within 3 days after payment was received and buyer would be notified if there was a problem. I also had no idea that the red tip was a custom order.
I had sent emails about this item going back to May 14th. I never received a response to any of those so I purchased it anyway. Which was 2 days before the cut off date.
It became clear that the item did not ship within 3 days but I received no email. I am aware this not an E-commerce site, however this was the only way to find out the item I ordered. I have not ordered anything from Brezel works before so I was only going by what was on your ad and not the info contained in this thread. I look forward to receiving it and do hope it fits the bus antenna.
That was my concern before I placed the order. I never received a response to my emails and even created a thread in the Accessory section on The Samba to confirm that a bug antenna is the same as a bus antenna at the end where this tip fits since your ad states it is for a bug.
Thanks.

Usually these items are in raw stock, and finished to paid order, which is why they are estimated to ship in 3 days, in the off season. During the busy season, all items in stock are subject to deplete quickly, since there is no way to predict demand in any year, such as now during the busy season.

Replenishing just takes extra time to work into the busy season, and these kinds of processing details are not something small shops usually outline in classified ads, but what is appropriate as I have indicated on all my ads, is to please expect delays during this time of year.

From time to time there are customers like yourself that may be used to working with bigger retailers and resellers of mostly asian or south american made items, and not familiar with how small mostly all in-house custom fab shops work, as they are for the most part a dying breed here in the USA. For those of us that survive, and actually endure as I have now for well over a decade, the focus is on producing much rarer items that are not available by the larger resellers and retailers, due to usually the high startup tooling costs for what is a really a niche market, thus no return on investment for production made items.

For my custom shop to produce such a diverse mix of show quality specialty items, this business model leaves virtually zero time for tech/application support on email or telephone, or sending out order confirmations and status reports, all of which requires more help, adds substantial cost, and substantially disrupts order processing, and only adding in alot more delay if I provided it.

It is also neither time or cost feasible after considerable analyses, for a small custom shop to build, and manage regularly, a fully fleshed out ecommerce website, for what is a very large number of niche products, again something that would only add significant costs.

Just taking a little extra time here, more as an investment of sorts, to offer a few small details about how the shop works, which is more similar to the the traditional mail order business, usually how all successful custom shops work, to keep things simple, clean, streamlined, at the lowest cost possible, while be able to fully protect both you and me on every transaction. That is the reason I only usually take Paypal, and not credit cards, and only checks or money orders when a customer does not have Paypal.

Thanks for the understanding and be assured orders are processed fast as possible all the time, without compromising quality as well despite the pace this time of year.
James Dwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, thanks for the condescending lecture on your business model. I have dealt with numerous small shops as I have restored a '59 Bus and sourced many items this way. Your lack of communication is the issue here.
If my emails had been answered I would not have posted anything on the Samba. Unfortunately it was the only way to get a response. Your replies took a lot more time than a simple reply. I received the tip Friday and it is now installed on my Safari antenna.
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 SuperVert

FloydGreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

thank you for the security hardware. i appreciate the prompt attention to my order
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Dwan wrote:
Gary, thanks for the condescending lecture on your business model. I have dealt with numerous small shops as I have restored a '59 Bus and sourced many items this way. Your lack of communication is the issue here.
If my emails had been answered I would not have posted anything on the Samba. Unfortunately it was the only way to get a response. Your replies took a lot more time than a simple reply. I received the tip Friday and it is now installed on my Safari antenna.

James, condescending as you may interpret my replies, this is independent of how you wish or think things should operate here.

Its your continued insistence that you deserve extra attention for your $18 order, beyond what my ads all stipulate, which is rather disrespectful and unappreciated, especially when I do take time I do not have, to offer you an expanded explanation behind my terms, during this busiest time of year.

You may likely take enjoyment however in knowing that my time taken here, has taken 3x the $4 profit, from just your $18 order.

I've responded here, in an effort to shed some perspective, to not just you, but to also again reassure some that not entirely familiar with Brezelwerks, why a small custom shop like mine has to intentionally restrict most types of communication on purpose as stated in my ads. If a customer takes exception to those stated terms, they should simply not place an order and instead look elsewhere.

The process here is straightforward and simple as it has been for over a decade and for thousands of customers. Its efficiently designed to process as many orders as possible with minimal disruptions. This is just like when you placed your recent order James, and there was a slight delay for this time of year, and you already received your order last week.
59RAIDER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items arrived in a timely manner and packed to perfection as always - thanks Mr Constantine - have a wonderful summer !

Ruben
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
James Dwan wrote:

James, condescending as you may interpret my replies, this is independent of how you wish or think things should operate here.

Its your continued insistence that you deserve extra attention for your $18 order, beyond what my ads all stipulate, which is rather disrespectful and unappreciated, especially when I do take time I do not have, to offer you an expanded explanation behind my terms, during this busiest time of year.

You may likely take enjoyment however in knowing that my time taken here, has taken 3x the $4 profit, from just your $18 order.

I've responded here, in an effort to shed some perspective, to not just you, but to also again reassure some that not entirely familiar with Brezelwerks, why a small custom shop like mine has to intentionally restrict most types of communication on purpose as stated in my ads. If a customer takes exception to those stated terms, they should simply not place an order and instead look elsewhere.

The process here is straightforward and simple as it has been for over a decade and for thousands of customers. Its efficiently designed to process as many orders as possible with minimal disruptions. This is just like when you placed your recent order James, and there was a slight delay for this time of year, and you already received your order last week.

gary, send me a pm...i have a question for you.
tri356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered my escutcheons/window winders May end, got them some time last week. Look great! Thanks Gary.

Mike
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: brez Reply with quote

anyone heard from gary?
he doesn't answer pm's or phone messages......on vacation?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: