Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kaefer-Nostalgie - [email protected] - Walter Santoni
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Kaefer-Nostalgie
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
marcelo gimenez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco sold me a pair oval yellow lenses and they were well package . Francisco is a honest man . I recomend Kaefer - Nostalgie . Very good seller .Marcelo from BRAZIL
Terry Gaudet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Oval running board mats Reply with quote

I bought some correct repro oval rubber running board mats from Francisco. They were delivered quickly and the quality was incredible. These are the best I have ever installed.

1950 Beetle Standard
1955 Canadian Custom
1956 Kombi w/SO23 kit
1965 Kombi walkthrough
1965 Double Cab
German U-Boat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: ribbed door handle order (PAID IN FULL) & ($400 deposit) Reply with quote

Francisco,

Please reach out to me regarding my order. I have tried contacting you several times now via email and even left you a voicemail at 866-516-9511. We have always had great business relationships in the past and this sudden loss of communication is very concerning.
Please update me on my order and if you are facing any challenges I would like to know. I am very reasonable and understanding, but I need a little communication because right now I feel very concerned.

Thank You Francisco and below is my email address:
[email protected]
schmidtk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Set of 16' Beauty Rings for my 54' Barndoor Deluxe.

Francisco sent me the Parts ultra fast and very safety packing. The beauty rings are beautiful!!!

Thank You very much Francisco!!!

Krisztián from Hungary
Sisco1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy communication,
Quick shipping.
Good quality products.
What else?...
Thanks for the safe business.
mdvanderploeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Unresponsive and no shipment after 3 months. Reply with quote

mdvanderploeg wrote:
I ordered a pair of window channels for my split that were advertised on TheSamba, which I think reasonably led me to believe they were in stock. In the same order, I bought some fairly common front bearing seals and retaining washers. That was back in February. Multiple emails went unanswered. Two phone calls were answered, but I was told he'd call me back (he didn't).

On April 22nd, I finally received a reply and was told that the window channels were in South America, but would be shipped to Louisiana by "hopefully" next week. I asked that he go ahead and ship the front wheel parts and sent him the SKU numbers. There has been no reply since that date and no parts have been received.

I've been through this with them before, and was hesitant to order anything else, but couldn't find the window channels anywhere else. The frustrating thing is that payment is required up front, so they've been sitting on my money this whole time. I've read in this forum that he travels a lot, and that's fine, but with the prices charged, he could hire someone to deal with the incoming orders.

My feeling is that if something is advertised on this site and payment is sent, then the item needs to be delivered in a reasonable amount of time....3 months is not reasonable.

I'll report back when (if) the items are received.

I was asked by Kaefer Nostalgie to remove this posting after my items were finally shipped. That's not going to happen. The facts in my original post are still the facts. Items were advertised on The Samba that were not in stock. Those items took 6 months or more to be shipped, and when they finally arrived, they were not in the condition described. As I originally stated....do not advertise items that you do not have in your possession. I'd prefer that they owned up to the fact that they advertise parts that they do not possess, rather than asking me to change my feedback when they finally ship the items.
65Micro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you advertise it, yes, you should readily have it available to ship. I have purchased a few items online......with the quote listed as "Priority Mail" and paid the price listed.....thinking I'd get it in 2-3 days.....not the case. 2 weeks later one shows up.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is one shipped to me. The other was an incorrect sized clock glass I ordered.....which I was charged 6.00 over on. I'm finding out the hard way by other split owners that they are the LAST place to go for replacement parts.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Once again, I have purchased parts for my '54 bug with Francisco. And again, I am as pleased as can be.

I always first inquire if the parts wanted are in stock and usually they are...and never order on line. I have a one on one discussion and it works well.

Recently, I inquired about a '54 headliner and Francisco advised the material was out of stock and I did not buy

...when parts are in stock (the usual), I almost always send a personal check without a hassle and after a short delay, the parts are received in a timely fashion...always when promised! I am kept well informed throughout the process as well.

I have read some of the woes others have experienced and I must say, I truly have NEVER had a negative issue with Francisco or Mr. Crump, ever. We have a great relationship and I can't believe others would not have the same.

I feel like a valued customer and I am always pleased with the parts, I receive.

If you maintain a genuine line of communication, you will receive the same in return is my first-hand experience.

I wish everyone on thesamba was as great as Kaefer Nostalgie to deal with...and really, great hard-to-get vintage VW parts for a reasonable price are usually available...

Thank you Francisco!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FR52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a "T"-Airfilter, rubber parts for the door windows and chassis to body washers from Francisco. Fine parts delivered in time and a good communication. I will surely come back to him for further parts.

Thanks Francisco
Dean Bradley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently, 3 weeks ago purchased two new taillight to wing rubber seals for my Nov 50 split window car , Not only was Francisco half the price of UK competitors I got them shipped promptly and had them in my hand within 11 days of placing my order . I'm very pleased and I'm happy to use Francisco and his company again

Thanks for all your help

Dean

The path of the Righteous is Never Smooth .....
andyvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a Motometer gauge holder strap from the guys, shipped on June 27 right after the payment and received July 4 in the UK. Quick and without issues. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrfixxit7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM FRANCISCO!!!! Reply with quote

I placed two orders with him, i told him that I needed the as soon as possible. I sent several emails and he never responded. It has been over a month since i placed the order and I still have not received any tracking information. He has horrible customer service and refuses to respond to emails.
I will never try to buy anything from him!!!!!!
Buyer be ware,
type1vwjapan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered some parts a while back and was very impressed with the quality of the repro split tail lights I received. they were exactly as described. Smile

he even took his time and cared to make sure I got a perfect pair of lights, since there was a defect with the glass lens in the ones be had in stock. got me a perfect pair and they look just beautiful. you can bet he inspects all his parts and work before he ships them out.

sure it took quite a while to get my parts, but it was worth the wait.

he also ships overseas all the way to me here in Japan at a very fair rate.

I will definitely keep doing business with him as I source the hard-to-find split parts I'm looking for.

Thanks!
mdvanderploeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written some fairly negative, but in my opinion deserved, feedback on Kaefer Nostalgie in the past. Specifically regarding advertising parts not in stock and poor communication. In fact, I stopped ordering from them for quite a while.

But, their stock of rare parts somewhat forced me into ordering from them again, and I'm glad that was the case. Either directly or indirectly, I've placed several recent orders and their service is like night and day compared to my prior experience. Excellent communication and very fast delivery. If this is a result of listening to feedback, then I really commend them for making some changes. I just received my most recent order today and am totally impressed with the quality. In fact, I'm kind of blown away by the fuel tank valve for my 1950....it's really beautiful, if you can say such a thing about a valve!

Anyway, I'm always open and honest with my feedback, both positive and negative, and am pleased to say that I have nothing but good things to say regarding my last two orders. Nice job.
pink kitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a few parts from Francisco. First off, let me say his parts are excellent quality. Great pieces ready for a show car. But his service has something to be desired. On his ad he states:

"2. Domestic Shipping: when you place an order with us you will only be charged the actual shipping costs for your parts. Most of our parts ship out from our warehouse in Alexandria, LA, USA.

5. Handling times: unlike other vendors in the US we will ship your order same or next day after payment is received or we will let you know if there will be any delay."

#1, I was charged $10 for shipping, yet it only cost $2.75 for postage

#2, I paid for my items and got a response within 24hrs that the items have shipped. Well, it took 16 days to receive.

Not knocking Francisco's parts, as I stated they are very nice. But if he's going to state things on his ads, he should live up to them. Unfortunately, his parts didn't arrive in time to mount on our car before heading to the Vegas show this week end.
Weatherly
Samba Logistics

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pink kitty wrote:
Ordered a few parts from Francisco. First off, let me say his parts are excellent quality. Great pieces ready for a show car. But his service has something to be desired. On his ad he states:

"2. Domestic Shipping: when you place an order with us you will only be charged the actual shipping costs for your parts. Most of our parts ship out from our warehouse in Alexandria, LA, USA.

5. Handling times: unlike other vendors in the US we will ship your order same or next day after payment is received or we will let you know if there will be any delay."

#1, I was charged $10 for shipping, yet it only cost $2.75 for postage

#2, I paid for my items and got a response within 24hrs that the items have shipped. Well, it took 16 days to receive.

Not knocking Francisco's parts, as I stated they are very nice. But if he's going to state things on his ads, he should live up to them. Unfortunately, his parts didn't arrive in time to mount on our car before heading to the Vegas show this week end.

By the way, there is NO shipping warehouse in Louisiana. It's a lot of bullshit. Francisco is in Brazil funneling the parts to another anonymous fake (the so-called, Ed Krump) in Louisiana under the name, "Kaefer Nostalgie", who then ships it to you. This is why your and everyone's postage costs are inconsistent with Francisco's worthless word and also why your order(s) take forever to receive, that is if the parts don't disappear in the mail between Brazil and Louisiana, first. Francisco is a liar and still owes me postage funds which I will never see after battling with the son of a bitch over junk parts he sent me from, "Louisiana", which I returned to Louisiana which then ended up in Brazil with yours truly.

He/they are making it appear that "Kaefer Nostalgie" is some legitimate U.S. vintage VW parts house, when in reality it's a small network of trash based in Brazil, creating the "front" known as "Kaefer Nostalgie" which is just some half-assed business-name and address in Louisiana, and their avenue to cashing in on the global vintage VW community to get "U.S. prices" on their hole in the wall of Brazilian stock. And, then there's his shitty home-made heart tail light bulb-holders that'll fall apart in your hands. What a joke. Everything coming from Francisco, is coming directly from him in Brazil via the puppet-name, "Kaefer Nostalgie", in Alexandria, Louisiana (vintage VW capitol of the U.S. of course). NOT!

You do not want to buy from him/them and Francisco is not in the U.S. AND DOES NOT DESERVE ANYONE'S BUSINESS. K.-N. is just short of what I would consider undeniably fraudulent. Count on it.
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Rubbish Trafficator Lenses & Service Reply with quote

In my view, this guy is a rogue, and best avoided. I bought some trafficator lenses from him 2/3 years ago to fit on my original 47 Bug/Beetle trafficators, and when they turned up, they were unbelievably badly made, so much so, that when I tried to fit them, they fell apart.

Reason? The square hole into which the stubby trafficator metal arm fits, is way too small, and causes the two badly glued halves of the lenses to fall apart when you try. I did put something on a Samba thread at the time, and someone stated that you have to cut down the original arms to fit these rubbish lenses. I don't think so!

When subsequently in contact with our 'friend' at KN, I stated that I wanted my money back, but this never happened. He talked about them being made by somebody in the US, and that the rubbish quality wasn't his fault! Avoid this fellow like the plague, especially as he isn't keen on keeping his customers happy. If you have been lucky with him to date, then be thankful, but that isn't the case for many of us.

I subsequently learnt that this KN fellow was Argentinian, and not American as his information would have you believe, but he is not to be confused with his fellow countryman who runs 'Split Parts Unlimited', whom I have dealt with a couple of times, and who is the complete opposite to KN.
Square_Back
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Kinda sketchy dealings Reply with quote

First off I would have to say this company had great communication but they like to give you the impression they have these parts on hand. I ordered a set full pair of egg tail lights with the concept they had everything on hand, well that's not the case. Turns out they have the brackets in the states some where and the taillights, screws and gaskets "abroad". Ummm I just payed a Large sum of money for these and your telling me I'm getting two separate shipment from two different countries. Bull crap! Like I told this Walter guy I wouldn't of payed knowing this is how you conduct business. Good thing is I have samba to warn others and payed with PayPal if things go bad. I'll post again once this deal has been completed and I have my taillights in hand. Hope it works out.
ckissick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed rubber door window scrapers for the split. I ordered a set from Wolfsburg West. They were almost twice as thick as the originals, with a slightly different cross section. It didn't look like they would fit, and I was right.

So I ordered a set from Kaefer Nostalgie. The picture on their website looked like the originals in cross section. They were shipped the day after I ordered them on the website. Sure enough, they were as advertised and match perfectly the originals. No complaints on this transaction.
1989 syncro Tristar
1966 Porsche 912
1989 Beck Spyder
2007 GTI Fahrenheit
cox.f
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: kaefer-nostalgie.com Reply with quote

at the request of walter I change my message
I'll let you news following later
thanks

Last edited by cox.f on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: