Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kaefer-Nostalgie - [email protected] - Walter Santoni
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Kaefer-Nostalgie
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
sparkit911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Sun roof handle Reply with quote

As described, quick and easy transaction. Thanks! Will do business with you again.
3noses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: VW Bug Replacement ID plate Reply with quote

The ID plate I ordered is very nice quality, fast shipping to my
Canadian address with no extra fees!

Very good seller from my experience, would order again without
hesitation.
redhenry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi guys , I recently purchased some split parts and yes there were some difficulties re the shipping ? Whilst this was frustrating for all Walter from KN was always available via email to discuss and rectify ! Yes , there was a wait , and yes it was a bit frustrating at the time ( for all ) but the patrs did arrive and they are great quality and I'm happy ! Walters honest and upfront , his shipping team failed him ?! ( Sh-t happens)
It's not like I'm popping down to Walmart anytime to buy any of this stuff!
So ... Thanks Walter , keep up the good work mate . And yes I will buy from KN / these guys again , and yes it will probably take some time .
PHIL / Brisbane / Australia
bakersam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ran a large order through Walter starting last Fall and just concluded now. All parts received and in excellent condition. This included parts which he had manufactured especially for this order. While I would have preferred completion of the order sooner, the wait was justified in the end. Walter is always available and highly responsive. Other than one foul up in shipping (which Walter will make good on), there were no issues. I would certainly recommend K-N, but don't expect that the all parts are in stock and immediately shipped next day. Ask first to avoid confusion on this point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
midnitems
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very disappointed in my transaction with these guys. I bought a chrome horn bezel from their website. It stated it was correct for my car. When it arrived, it looked nothing like the original part. Was just a cheap chrome ring, that did not fit properly. I contacted them through the website, and got a story about how he has owned tons of these cars, and the parts can vary...

I emailed back asking what to do with an incorrect part, and they would not respond.

Would not respond to emails at all, until I opened a dispute with Paypal.

Once Paypal got involved, and I said I received a misrepresented part, they started answering emails again. They became so polite suddenly, and asked me not to write a bad review.

Are these really people you want to deal with?

Beware.
Kaefer-Nostalgie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

To all our customers:

We saw this one coming. Quite not the real story.

This person bought a horn bezel for his pre-55 horn for $48 shipped. What was shipped was exactly what was pictured. A correct chromed horn bezel of which we have sold dozens and worked perfectly on all pre-55 horn rings.

When he received the bezel, he said he noticed that were was not cuts in the metal so it couldn't be installed. Not true. There were indeed some original horn bezels over the years which had cut outs on them. Some others didn't. And are exactly like the ones we offer. They work perfectly fine as well. How they are held in place? The metal is just twisted, bent. No specific need for the cut outs.

This is exactly what was explained in an email to this person when he contacted us asking about the "problem". He got back saying he "had no evidence of this". What does that mean? Not much to me, so we didn't get back to this message. It kinda sounded like trouble but we didn't expect the worst from him.

Not being enough (and here is where the funny/interesting part begins!) he opens a claim with PayPal. No big deal, we thought. Just send back and refund. We have no problem refunding if the customer cant use the part or has a problem with it. But NO! I was so surprised to see that was he was actually asking for as a 50% refund and keep the part. Oh wait! Wasn't it a crappy part that didn't work? Cheaply made? Seems like it isn't at all the way he described. Who would want to keep a part that is not good enough? Especially on a rare Split Window Beetle...

We are proud of our parts and love to get feedback from our customers if there is anything we can do to improve them. And if the customer has any doubts or questions about our parts, we are very happy to assist.

However, this wasn't the case, because:

1) We know and use our own product, in this case our bezel has the exact same shape, thickness, material, etc than the original Petri product.
2) The picture in the ad he found clearly shows that the bezels has NO cuts outs
3) He decided to use a random fact to try to get the product for free or at 50% of the cost.

At the very moment I got the PayPal claim asking for a 50% refund and keep the item, I knew this bad feedback thing was coming. Did we want it? Hell no, nobody likes bad feedback, especially when we try so hard to keep every customer happy. We do a big effort to keep our feedback history clean. But it is not our nature either to be black mailed by people who think are too clever and want to get away with little things like this. We are strongly against this kind of attitude. We will continue to treat all our customers the way they deserve. We are happy this isnt something that happens very often. In fact, this was the very first time that something like this happens.

We are very thankful for all the continuous support!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
midnitems
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Quite the story above...

Site says "Perfect reproduction chrome horn ring". Every one of these horn rings have a cut keyway in them to keep the button from spinning, but not theirs. The ring was also too deep, leaving it raised above the horn surround. Take a look at the picture of their junk repro.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And, Paypal when opening a case, asks you if there is any way for you to keep the item instead of requesting a full refund. I responded, that if refunded half, I would try my hand at cutting slots into the ring. Should I have to cut slots into a "Perfect reproduction chrome horn ring"? I sure don't think so. But I was trying to work it out with them.

They wouldn't respond to emails, so I had to get paypal involved. Then I am accused of being shady? Geez.

Get real guys. You should not be doing business if you treat customers like this! This was a poor repro part, and they tried to defend it, and ingnored my emails, so I had to get the bank involved. SMH.

BEWARE! They will treat you this way too!
ib-bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a call from Francisco , my issues were resolved right away.
Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slammed shady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered quite a few parts for my 50 standard split. Somehow I received an ivory buffer set instead of a black one. I ordered them in black, but received a confirmation mentioning them being ivory. It was also my mistake that I didn't notice that early enough. I got back to Walter when I received the wrong parts, he didn't hesitate to ship a second package - to Germany - without charging an extra dollar for parts or shipping! Very happy, will certainly order more parts soon!
Jan
Nick12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Negative feedback.
Buyer beware.

Sold me a defective pair of semaphores, promised to exchange for a new set, it has been a year now. He won't return my emails.

On September 7th, 2015 I told him about the defective semaphores I received from him, including a youtube video in which I demonstrated the malfunctions. Not only do I have to press on the semaphore to get it to pop up, but also one of the hinge pins isn't peened properly and so keeps sliding out.

His words in one of the emails he did return (screen shot picture below) on October 9th, 2015 were "I am intending to get a replacement set from them [China supplier] so we can exchange your defective set." That was one year ago!!! I have since emailed him 3 times in 12 months, and he hasn't responded. I think that I have been more than reasonable in allowing a year to pass before writing a negative review of him.

Youtube video follows. The malfunctions start about one minute and 50 seconds into the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ujKVeU8T3U&feature=youtu.be

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
akomjathy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Split 8mm Fuel Line ferrules Reply with quote

This time I bought some pretty small parts from Walter. It was the second time to deal with him and the second time to have a smooth transaction! Communication is great, international shipping was quite quick (less than a week) and also a great packaging!! Waiting for our next deal! Thank you Walter!😉
Oljefläck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great seller fast shipping
http://www.garaget.org/?car=234141
allnya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

i recently purchased some items from walter , and from start until the time my parts arrived he was very helpful , fast shipper and great parts , was nice dealing with an honest person , i'll be back again Cool
darisb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a Zwitter starter button for my Porsche 550 Spyder replica. I received the button very quickly. I installed it this morning. The quality appears to be very good. I won't get a chance to actually used the switch for a couple months, so it will be a while before I can comment on the functionality. I will leave another comment after I've been using it for a while.
vw_ranch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Buyer beware!! While they are returning my money for shipping a product they knew was out of stock and tried to use something close as a replacement without mentioning that they did not have what I ordered before shipping to me.

After contacting about the issue they wanted me to send back on my dime. After pointing out the ad states they are ready to ship and that what I got was not what was in the ad, they just updated pictures to the version I got yet the rest of the ad was the same and still calling it the same product name. Only after closely inspecting the items and finding a defect, was I then given a return label.

A 2 filament taillight bracket for heart lens != 4 filament taillight brackets. This is not the first time I have ran into issues using this vendor and shame on me for trying again. Dont trust his ads even ones with direct paypal links. Ive emailed numerous times stating the deception in the ad and it should be deactivated or clearly state you have 0 product to ship.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=881619

If I end up not getting my money back once they receive the return I will update the thread again as I know others have ran into refund issues with this vendor as well.
cjargo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have seen this business do a 180 with a responsible customer service ethics. We had a scrape a few years back due to delinquent shipping. When Walter responded to this issue he said that he was traveling the world building his unique VW parts inventory to help keep our ancestral cars alive. I took that with a grain of salt. So over the past 2 years saw his parts inventory grow here on the Samba, and then a new website. When someone walks the talk, I'll give them a 2nd chance everytime. So testing the waters, I send off a handful of emails regarding various parts I'm interested in, to my surprise all were vollyed back within 24 hours. (Take it to the next level.) Within the next week I should get a order I placed, and will add a addendum at that time.
'67 Bus / Sundial - '59 Karmann Ghia
ssx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently ordered a 4 tab front apron and metal channel for my 56 Ragtop. Great communication and very fast shipping. Shipping was also very reasonable, a lot of times vendors try and gouge for shipping to Hawaii... not in this case. Very happy customer👍🏼
dave1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have just taken delivery from [email protected]. I am very impressed with the website very user friendly & easy to search for what you require. I am impressed with with my order items as without people like Walter would be almost impossible to obtain items for a split beetle. I look forward to ordering my next consignment very shortly. I quality of the items are excellent as was the first class delivery.
Thanks Dave
cdjndio22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a set of lenses. For the headlights
From him ... great communication. .. immediate
Response .. fast shipping ... and great
Packaging .... thank you.
palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaefer-Nostalgie - Francisco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi,
Bought some parts from walter, all arrived as discribed.
Fast and easy communication, would recommand to deal with him.
Thank you walter
Yan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: