Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

okrasa repro parts ?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
olivierfr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: okrasa repro parts ? Reply with quote

I've heard rumours for okrasa repro parts a a metting in belgium.

any infos about that :
- who ?
- whennnn ?

thanks,
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parfois quand je mange un grand morceau de fromage, j'aime jongler ma collection géante de pièces d'okrasa de reproduction.

Si je pourrais obtenir à un groupe de plus pièces d'okrasa, je serais assez heureux de chier une huître !
sconord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Woody wrote:
Parfois quand je mange un grand morceau de fromage, j'aime jongler ma collection géante de pièces d'okrasa de reproduction.

Si je pourrais obtenir à un groupe de plus pièces d'okrasa, je serais assez heureux de chier une huître !

Now it is so much clearer. Thanks for clearifying. I feel better Confused
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okrasa reproduction parts have been around for years. I wouldn't trust anyone to build me a motor until I, personally, found the parts and watched him build it. Just because it says Okrasa on it.........doesn't make it so. Be real careful before you buy and Okrasa motor from anyone. Wink
coolairX2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Repro parts Reply with quote

There are a few people making repro parts for Okrasa's. You need to have the core Okrasa parts as only accessory parts are repro'd. You are not going to find a repro heads,crank,manifolds etc. When I was bulding my Okrasa here are some of the people/vendors that I used.

BBT in Belgium
http://www.bbt4vw.com/
Okrasa intake valves. Inexpensive drop in intake valves. Also the place where I bought my split

Joe Ruiz in Anahiem not Belgium
Joe is the #1 source of Okrasa information/parts etc.
The link below is the same engine that I have in my split. A 1500 Okrasa built by me not Joe, but it has the same P&C's etc as the one in this link.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=214432
also
http://imageevent.com/mrokrasa

Stephen in Beliguim
He makes stainless Arbarth mufflers and oil coolers and fittings.
http://www.mrwob.com/

I have purchased items from each of these people/vendors. They do really nice work and would trust them. Of course I built my Okrasa myself but I have built all my engines for my VW's just because I enjoy doing it.

-Craig
olivierfr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: 1500 cc okrasa engine ?! Reply with quote

What's the 1500 okrasa engine?

I only know the 1200 TSV and 1300 TSV kits for 36hp block, the 1300TSV give 1300cc ...

??
olivierfr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: google translation ? Reply with quote

Désolé, mais ca ne veut rien dire en francais ...
Sorry, but this a no sens in french...
Major Woody wrote:

coolairX2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1500 cc okrasa engine ?! Reply with quote

[quote]What's the 1500 okrasa engine?
I only know the 1200 TSV and 1300 TSV kits for 36hp block, the 1300TSV give 1300cc ...
[/quote]

Well it started life as a 1200 TSV but I added 912 P&C's to make it a 1500
It is the same as this setup

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=214432

-Craig
ps. How the F do you use quotes. I used the button and followed the example yet no joy.
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Translation:

Sometimes when I eat a large piece of cheese, I like to manipulate my giant collection of reproduction Okrasa parts. If I could obtain a bunch of nice reproduction Okrasa parts, I would be happy enough to shit an oyster!
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Alejandro Martin in Brussels ([email protected]) has made a few batches of intake manifolds.
olivierfr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right allesandro reproduce some parts has manifold.
but my initial question was about heads and crankshaft : they seems to be planed to be reproduced, but this is just a rumor, as i see nobody can confirm on this topics Sad(

thanks,

DaveM wrote:
I believe Alejandro Martin in Brussels ([email protected]) has made a few batches of intake manifolds.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: