Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Gerson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 11, 2024
fizzbang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I call and talk to Gerson for my large orders, but I only needed a couple of small parts so I ordered through his website for the first time.

Everything went smooth and panels were here within a week.

Thanks!
Tistlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hats of for this man! Very Happy good service and number one problemsolver for number one problem..rust.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Gerson? I've been emailing and pm'ing him with no answer. Getting very frustrated waiting on parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Has anyone been able to get in contact with Gerson? I've been emailing and pm'ing him with no answer. Getting very frustrated waiting on parts.

I ordered some parts a few days ago and haven't heard anything either.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fla2smoker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered heater channels and some misc. parts from the website on Friday. Received everything on Wednesday. Everything fits perfect. Thanks Gerson and Cristian!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

I ordered some parts a few days ago and haven't heard anything either.

Haven't got around to installing them yet but I ordered on 4/3 and the parts were on my porch 5/18. I did A LOT of emailing to follow up to see what was happening on my end with very few responses on their end. I also called numerous times and the VM was full.

Turns out that after being told on several separate occasions my parts shipped they had to be made as they weren't in stock to begin with.

Next time i'll go through another vendor or buy used and save myself the time and not have to put my project on hold for 6 weeks.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my large order after 1.5 years of waiting on it. Thanks,
When I placed the order I told him I wanted some more stuff for my build, he told me to wait until this order was done, So I did, now that I waited I'm told the other stuff I need is longer produced. So my build is in the air unless I build the rest of what I need or find another panel beater to make what I need. I was told no more hand built stuff, just stuff he can make fast and sale. Hate to say it but I hope auto craft starts making more stuff. I was all for Gerson when he started this, and people made fun of the panel beating they were doing in the yard. But now to leave someone hanging with $10,000 worth of His parts that was told to wait to order the rest, then pull the rug out from under them by not making what he was told to wait on isn't cool. I've order Klassic fab from Gerson direct, and from Ronnie and from Ken in Canada, I still need about $4,000 worth with no way to get it..... Just a heads up if anyone wants to start a build like I did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the days when you had to cut up other buses just to get one going. everyone forgets about that.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfanatic67 wrote:
what about the days when you had to cut up other buses just to get one going. everyone forgets about that.

No they don't because that still happens. What everyone forgets is what good customer service is.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently we are able to buy directly from the manufacture hand hammered repair panels that is being made by a few individuals not automotive factory with all the dies and presses for all these components. None of which have been produced in decades. Even large manufactures get extremely lengthy backorders. I sell commercial lawn equipment parts and we get backorders the take several months to receive in the height of our season. It sucks this happens to gerson but he is providing parts that are otherwise not available until someone else decides to step up and do it. Im not making excuses but I can see why he has chosen to only make the parts that can be stamped quickly and leave some of the one off parts alone. I he spends all of his time hammering away on a peice that sells two a year and cant get to the rockers and doglegs and outriggers that every bus needs there will be a whole lot more people pissed off. You can't make everyone happy. I am in no way making excuses for anyone just stating a perspective that is often overlooked. Not trying to step on anyones toes. and hey Crofty I think our buses came out of the same yard if I remember right.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empi, the reason your parts took so long is because I waited until we had the dies built so that you would get stamped parts that were A1, not hand beaten parts......I am getting my ass handed to me from people that have to wait too long for their regular/common parts,(Crofty can attest to this).....I CANNOT continue to fabricate parts by hand...this has to stop....call Karl at AutoCraft and ask him to hand beat some parts for you, or call Tony at WW and ask him to do it for you and see what they say.....I am sorry you feel that you got FUCKED with your project.....I have over 40 workers and their families that I am responsible for, you are the client and the client is always right....but this is a moot point if I cannot stay in business and I have to shut my doors because of poor business decisions....

BTW Crofty, your parts took too long because we were too busy hand making customer parts for their dream projects.......this is bad for business!!!!

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason I was upset is I was told by you to wait to order the rest, I did as told and now rejected from getting the rest I wanted to order way back when. I understand your issue with not enough time to do the hand built parts. But see it from my side as well, I sold my original paint pressed bumper 15 window to build my "Dream project" and talked to you about this project before selling the 15. So thinking I could get the parts to build this I sold the 15 to fund the build. Now no 15 window and missing key parts to finish this build and no way to get them.

One more thing, I am patient. I know I told you I was in no hurry, and I wasn't, as long as I got the stuff needed. On the stuff I still need I'd wait 8-12 more months. Even though the very stuff I ordered and still need, you made and used on your own barndoor build after I ordered the same items (Look how long your bus has been built now). Even that didn't bother me that you made the stuff I needed and used on your own project before supplying a paying customer. Now just bitter at not being able to complete my own build after investing close to $25,000 in parts, not just parts bought from you. and no way to complete the build now. You know autocraft or Wolfsburg west isn't going to hammer this stuff out. I'm trying to locate the stuff, but now it may be 10 years or more before I find original's to use.

I don't want you to close your doors at all, I'm trying to help you. I tried to help from the beginning of your venture. I want you to be able to keep everything going, You help us all on restoring these old things. and the quality is better than the stuff we could get ten years ago. This is mainly a heads up to anyone wanting to do what I wanted to do. In fact there was a thread just posted a month ago a guy wanting to build completely new busses from your metal and sell them as a new vw bus kit car basicly. He said he's even been in touch with you about it. He better not try it as he won't be able to build a complete new body now. I'm just trying to build one bus, what's this guy going to do if he try's to build ten or more. If you make promises to a guy that invests hundreds of thousands in it, and he can't build one, he may close your doors for you.
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empi, I would not be stupid enough to take on such a project with anyone... if anyone is going to build a repro bus for sale it is us.......I have had people beating down my doors for the last 10 years trying to become my new business "partner", no way....I started this alone, and I will end it alone...I am sorry you are offended, pissed....I will contact you and we will take on this conversation in private....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfanatic67 wrote:
Not trying to step on anyones toes. and hey Crofty I think our buses came out of the same yard if I remember right.

PM me for details!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

surfer510
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Total scammer Reply with quote

Sad to say I've dealt with him before and didn't have a bad experience so I thought sole of the negative reviews on here were misguided. Sad to say I've been Gersoned now as well. I'll give it to the man he loves quick payment then disappears. I have been waiting for a year now and apparently my Ghia pans which he said he had ready and laying around for a lowlight are being made from fabrege eggs and bald eagle heads because it's taking quite a while.

So in summation to ALL on the samba stop wasting your money on this guy. He might not burn you on the first, second or third order but if I've learned anything and the theme of his feedback is that he Gersons everyone eventually.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a set of dog legs from Gerson.. Got my parts!! perfect! Thanks For your help!
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, you have not been Gersoned as you like say.....I just refunded your money on paypal.......the ghia pans that you ordered 5 moths ago are still not ready.......do we take a long time to get parts out to customers sometimes YES!!!!! do I take people's money or steal from them... FUCKING NEVER!!!!!there is NO ONE on this fucking site or anywhere in the world that can say that I have stolen one fucking dime from them....15 years in business and counting......you do not stay in business 15 years if you are stealing from people..........Kevin, I am fucking pissed at your fucking comments right now, so I better stop writing.....and by the way you have not been waiting a year for your fucking ghia pans.....below are the paypal transaction details....

Sent by:
Kevin Frates (The sender of this payment is Verified)
Buyer email:
[email protected]
Payment sent to:

[email protected]
Amount received:
$900.00 USD
Fee amount:
-$20.10 USD
Net amount:
$879.90 USD

Date:
Feb 23, 2015
Time:
15:08:34 EST

surfer510
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual the theme is always somehow your customer is at fault in your issue?
Here is some free advice, since you wanna take this public, don't lie on your first message to me about the parts in question. For those of you who care I posted the pic of the response I got from him as proof, it's in my gallery.

"I have a set ready to go for $900.00 at your door...I can ship out by wednesday...thanks

That was feb 16th which was 5 months ago and not a year I concur. But in the future you mental midget why not just say hey I don't have them or hey I don't know when I'm gonna get them rather than disappearing then writing me some fucking sob story about how they are such a pain in the ass because your guy blah blah blah... If you would have said that from the get go all this would be avoided. But I love how I'm the asshole now since you're hurt your integrity is shit and continues to be shit. I'll post all the messages we have pm'ed and then let's let the forum work it out how bout that.
Tistlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that i'have anything with this , but by all means surfer510, there are others who have waited longer. but what is the problem? if it wern't for Gerson we'd all be in the stone-age with useless repro shitpanels, and the few other companys would have had the same pressure as klassicfab has now. it really is mission impossible. one man-one company to feed the evergrowing screaming crowd of old volkswagen owners, with superb quality parts for a decent price. yes there are others , but none of which have everything for everything, and none have all in stock. we should be pretty happy we have such a man in the vw scene..other brand cars, you'll have to fabricate your own stuff, not fast, and not for everybody..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dragsterman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: GREAT BUYER! Reply with quote

Thanks for your fast payment. Your parts are on their way!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: