Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
doug9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a deluxe car cover back in april, it took about 8 weeks before I received it, no big deal there, it wasnt in stock, i dont mind waiting. Problem is the thing is deteriorating. All these tiny plastic looking circles seem to be just flaking off. In spots they have almost flaked off all the way through the cover. I have emailed them twice about the problem now, sent a picture the second time and have not heard a thing back from them. I dont know if i just recieved the wrong cover and this is the light weight cover or if the cover is just junk. Its supposed to be an all weather cover. it doesnt keep out the rain at all. Sitting in the car one day installing a new windshield seal and it started to rain so i put the cover on, raindrops hit the cover and splashed right on through to the windsheild, I could have just put a bed sheet on it and had less rain. Anyway, maybe they just arent getting my emails, i sent them to [email protected]. If anyone knows of someone else there i should contact please let me know. Thanks!
panzerfuska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had an 1835 and needed carburators. they sold me on those weber progressive carbs and this dude who happened to be shopping there said not to buy it. the seller became irate and told me it was bs. so i bought the carb and it turned out to be a piece of sh*t. when i took it bought they didn't want to take it back because it fuel had gone through it. then i argued how i could not test it to see if it could at all be adjusted, and by a shop that i took it to. alas they relented but it sucked that they sold me something that wouldn't work, knowing my needs and concerns from the beginning.
John M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Jbugs was a fairly good company. I have not ordered anything from them but always thought they carried quality stuff....oh well...

Current: 1972 Beetle - 96V EV
Previous:
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1300SP
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1600SP
1974 Beetle - African Red - 1914CC

vertdrvr50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: JBUGS Reply with quote

All I can say is JBUGS needs to go out of business or regroup. I saw their ads in HOT VWs and checked prices around. I live in the San DIego area so I figured I just drop in to see what the place looked like. I'm in the middle of a total rebuild. I got there and I'm guessing they don't want walk in business. They have a complete no personality ass with no social skills working the counter. And guess what they don't have anything in stock. This was on Saturday. He said the parts would be in Thursday and he would call me. No call. Was in the area the next Saturday so I stopped in. They're open but they are resurfacing the parking lot. Makes sence to me. Park accross a very busy street or a block away to pick up a trans and other major parts. Then he only had some of the parts. Two weeks later I finally get the parts. I'll look elsewhere, maybe at the places they get their parts from. Why not cut out the middle man. Maybe he has better customer service skills.
VWSwap
Samba Sublime Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that this thread is already up...I have been wondering about their reputation myself. I have used JBugs many times over the years and am really disappointed with their recent service.

I ordered custom seat covers for my b/f's bus back in May. They never arrived, and I was told that since they were a custom item, it would take awhile. We're in October now, right?

I ordered wheel cylinders a few weeks back and they came on Monday of last week. All was good until I opened the box. Two of the cylinders were wrong...the rear cylinders weren't in the batch although the invoice showed them as delivered. They sent 4 front cylinders for one side instead. Not gonna work!

I called and was told by Sam that they would be shipped right away, along with a return shipping form, so the shipping would be paid by them, since they made the mistake. I waited five days and nothing. I spoke with Sam, then Sal, then Sam again (who had a complete different story this time) and it's been ridiculous.

After about six calls today, I finally spoke with Gary, the owner. He told me that they have four companies that they get the rear cyliners from, and are having a hard time getting them. I asked him why I was told they had been shipped then? He told me about their system and how they basically await items to be shipped (they assume they will be shipped) and that is the problem. I then asked Gary about the interior...and he said he showed it had been shipped and paid for. I told him that that was not the case...that I also discussed it with Sam and that Sam was going to look into it. So, basically they have probably lost a LOT of business because of these kinds of mistakes. It's ridiculous. We've had this bus in the middle of the garage on jack stands for over two weeks. The weekend is here AGAIN and now we have no clue as to when these part (that we've paid for) will come in.

I guess the thing that irritates me the most is that he tells me to call HIM on Monday to find out the status of all of this. What??? I think that company needs to take some Customer Service classes. With that attitude and these continual problems, it is only a matter of time before their reputation goes down the toilet and they fold. It's really too bad. I want to support them, but not when I get the "run around" constantly.
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sort of thing blows me away.
If the owner of the company is telling YOU to call him to check the status then you know where the problem lies. This type of attitude is spread from the top down.
If this level of service continues jbugs will be out of business before long. If the owner has any business savvy at all he'll sell the company before the value drops too far.
Try BFY Obsolete or Wolfsburg West. Both provide outstanding service. I've never heard one bad thing about them nor have I had any bad experiences.
I would much rather spend a little more and feel great about a transaction.
VWSwap
Samba Sublime Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from both of those companies, and had no problems. I appreciate your suggestion! No doubt, I will rethink using them for future business.

Never before has there been a problem with JBugs, and now that they have charged my credit card, I'm kind of stuck dealing with their run around. Every time I have called, I have received a different answer. I wish I could have recorded those conversations for the owner (Gary) to hear (although I don't think he really cares, or is too busy to address this problem).

It is really a shame...can it be that hard to give customer service??? This experience has been a real hell.
doug9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get the car cover issue taken care of with them. I called instead of sending emails and they got it taken care of right away. No problems. For me at least, I will give them another shot on future orders.
vwbusbusvw
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to JBugs twice... when my local parts place didn't have some interior items in stock, I called them, and they had it all. The guy that helped me at the counter was helpful, laidback, and helped me find all the stuff I needed. The inside of their shop was not the nicest, or most organized, but what VW shop is? I wouldn't call them a one-stop-buy-everything-you-need place, but they have a lot of inventory, and most of it is in stock.

OMVWC
Quote:
stuped is stuped duse
jeff bennett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with them,

They are completly rude.

I will not buy from them ever.....

Looking for a tow bar for a standard beetle,

preferably in the Michigan area
surfthebus13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live only a few blocks from jbugs. i have always had a good time there. they dont always have what i need but have always given me a date when it was in and has been very accurate. i have not done anything online or big orders but always a good vibe for me.
JDGas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a comlpete interior from them. It was a custom TMI order. The guy that helped us was spot on. I can't remember his name, but he owns the grey '67 vert that is usually seen in the parking lot. He told me that it would take a couple weeks to get it. I don't remember waiting very long at all for it. It came in, they called, I picked up. They even put it in my truck for me. When I got back home I took all the pieces out and looked them over. Exactly what I ordered. I have no reason not to continue doing business with them. Just my experience.

This is the car the interior is in:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=414241
1961 Sunroof Beetle - sold
1969 Sunroof Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Loaf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: JBugs Reply with quote

Called JBugs last week to place an order with them because they said what I needed was in stock. Half way through the conversation I decided that who ever I was speaking with was pretty rude and didn't seem to care if I placed the order or not. So........Hung up and went else where. Sewfine, Bus Depot, and BFY have always treated me right!
KaferKruzer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I live in Texas, I can't comment on J-Bugs walk-in business, but I can say I've placed several orders online, mostly interior stuff, and have had only one minor problem with a couple of items that didn't get shipped. I called Customer Service (sorry, didn't recall the name of the person I talked to), and explained the problem. The service rep apologized and said the parts would be in my next order and sure enough there they were. Good folks, good service, good stuff...

I like doing business with folks like that! Smile
Valen76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I walk into to JBugs or what were they SoCal Pacific in Oceanside they are always very helpful. I think their prices are higher than others. So unless its a I have to have it now I try to buy from others.
68 VW Ecotec Baja Bug
86 Honda TRX310R
98 30' Bounder
06 Chevy Avalanche
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: JBugs Reply with quote

MikeyStuff wrote:
Called JBugs last week to place an order with them because they said what I needed was in stock. Half way through the conversation I decided that who ever I was speaking with was pretty rude and didn't seem to care if I placed the order or not. So........Hung up and went else where. Sewfine, Bus Depot, and BFY have always treated me right!

I am in the customer service business and have spoken to people answering the phone at most of the big names in the VW parts business. With the exception of Wolfsburg West and BFI Obsolete, most of these places have socially retarded, inept, and rude people working the phones who are indifferent to whether you buy from them or not.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one who holds these businesses accountable by not spending my money with them. I will gladly spend a few bucks more for customer service where I feel my order or business is appreciated.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
65project
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got my first order and im missing a few things i called he said the would ship them out we will see
JDGas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just in there yesterday, and I must say, had a pleasent experience. I was looking for a certain basic door panel. The guy I delt with (I think is the owner) made numerous trip into the back to see if he had anything that would suite me. Brought out a few different options that he had on hand. None were what I was after, so I placed and order. He said they'd be here in a week. So we'll see how close to their mark they will come.
1961 Sunroof Beetle - sold
1969 Sunroof Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: J Bugs maybe missing it Reply with quote

I have bought several items over the past couple years. One of my last orders, I noticed missing parts when my order arrived. I emaile dthem for a status and explain issue. No response ever came even though the parts did arrive.

Second more recently, I recd the incorrect parts. I called them. They did say go ahead and send them back, we will exchange them. The order was incorrect due to their website. No offer of return shipping reimbursement due to their error.

Well that was on March 16 when I sent back the parts for exchange. I had not heard anything and called them this weekend. I got a response from (missed the name). The response was "we have not gotten to our returns". I inquired it had been 2-3 weeks. I got the same response.

I am definitely rethinking buying from them in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
katalla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so my headliner shipped friday, but now oh it shipped today, i ask for the tracking number and they dont have it yet from the supplier,its been 3 freakin months. i guess ill just cancel the order tomorrow. jbugs sucks
dont count on them for anything my project has been sitting for 3 months with no windows because of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: