Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had good success with them every time I ordered from them. I live in Oregon which is really not to far as shipping goes.

I usually order my stuff on Monday or Tuesday. Usually it will show up the same week. Only once when I ordered on a Tuesday it showed up on the following Monday.

My Father ran a distribution warehouse and told me it was best to order late on Monday or early on Tuesday. Which has worked out quite well.

Otherwise I have had good experience with them and will buy from them again if I need to.
Blue69Baja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several orders with them....

No problems, all prompt deliveries..

Wonder what their problem is???

Maybe they don't have what someone orders so they have to order it..They are afraid to respond with a "BACK ORDER" status as the customer might cancel the order...If that's the case they should man up...Much better PR...They will continue to loose customers that way....

Jim
Hondapop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Never again will I order from California jbugs.....beware!!! Reply with quote

I hardly ever post a negative post on anything or anyone. But, I couldn't believe the way I was treated when I contacted them about a $500 order I placed. I am sure some have received their order with no problem but I saw the signs and got out quick. First, I want you to know that I am in the public service business and have been working with customers for 26 years. I have just under 60 employees and have seen delt with many different customer concernns.

I placed an order online with jbugs for restoration parts for a 75 super. After receiving the order I found two sets of struts ( when I ordered one), crushed boxes with scratched parts, strut inserts that didn't fit the struts, and rear coil over shocks that didn't fit. I checked the order numbers and I ordered the correct parts, then I called their office. After waiting about 15 minutes on hold I talked with the first person to answer the phone. This person interrupted my explanation of why I was calling even before I was going to state they sent too many parts, to say " the order you placed was checked by three people....you got what you ordered". This was before I even described what the call was about. I tried to explain that they sent too many parts and he wouldn't have any of my explanation. I then tried o tell them that the strut inserts didn't come close to fitting the struts. He immediately said I need to talk with someone else and put me on hold. I waited there, frankly getting pissed, until another person picked up. I was nice and started to explain the problem, and was again interupted to state I got what I ordered.....almost like he was reading from the same script. Amazing...I am calling to tell them they sent too many parts and I am getting severe attitude. I never got a chance to explain the other problems with the order. I was even told that they would need to call me bac because they were too busy. I quickly realized this was NOT a good place to do business and I asked to return everything. I was put on hold or another 20 minutes until I talked with someone to get a return authorization number. They pressed that I would be charged 10 percent restocking....but I thought it would be money well spent. $60 to sent the parts back plus $50 restocking and I'm out $110.

Even with my loss, I can't help but think I made the right decision. What horrible service I received. I strongly suggest ordering from someone else.
Steve22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the interior video from jbugs, took forever to get it, when it arrived, it was a cheap home-made production. I could only get it to play in one DVDROM in my PC, Not my home theater DVD! Unfortunately I had already thrown away the envelope along with the invoice so I couldn't return it. I'll never order from them again, $20 lesson learned.

STAY CLEAR OF JBUGS!
'73 Sunroof Transporter
DaKine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve22 wrote:
I ordered the interior video from jbugs, took forever to get it, when it arrived, it was a cheap home-made production. I could only get it to play in one DVDROM in my PC, Not my home theater DVD! Unfortunately I had already thrown away the envelope along with the invoice so I couldn't return it. I'll never order from them again, $20 lesson learned.

STAY CLEAR OF JBUGS!

hmmm....you mean the $20 video they give away free when you order a kit? Yeah, it's cheesy as hell and made in the early 90's. It works, helped me put my interior together. sheesh

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Varnish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered several thousand dollars of product over maybe 4-5 orders through them over the past few months restoring my '67. All orders were VERY quickly shipped. Only one item (seat belt) was back ordered and arrived just a few days later than the rest of the stuff. Had to return two items (both my own fault) and they gave no troubles in the exchange. Good experiences.
Todd66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered about 2 thousand dollars worth of parts from jbugs this past year and only had 1 problem that they took care of promptly and courteously. I was surprised at some of the negative responses. Their parts are relative good quality and their prices are good.
burdpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Problems with JBugs Reply with quote

I have always order my stuff from JBugs because of fast shipping and reasonable prices. I ordered oil pump gaskets for 1600 Dp 8MM bolts. I received gaskets for 6MM bolts. The part # I ordered were correct but the wrong gaskets were in the package. So I ordered again double checking the numbers. Now I received one gasket with 8MM holes and one with 6MM holes. I called them and they offer to refund me $5.OO. I had 12.00 invested. so then they offered $10.00. I told them I would rather have the correct gaskets overnight-ed to me. They refused so I ordered from AirHead.net. The gaskets were $.28 each compared to $.95 at JBugs. They were delivered in 3 days and were correct. I have found a new supplier.
bradmop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered from them for the first time - won't be going back. Front door panels and a front carpet. $42.50 for shipping and I live in Washington State. I went to Fedex and calculated $22. I called them, no concern that they had over charged me.

Their website would not quote a price, so I made the mistake and trusted that I would not be gouged. I usually order from BusDepot, but since they are on the other side of the country I figured that I should find a place on the west coast. Won't make that mistake again.
Lostnsand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally get good service when I go in to pick up parts. I guess today the owner or some other older guy was at the counter talking away with another customer. No greeting or any sense of acknowledgement, the customer he was talking with said hello to me. I sat and waited patiently for 10 minutes and walk out of there angry. I've spent a lot if money there in the past year and will not shop there again because of this incident.
notchnem65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had great service with Jbugs. I have had a couple of items get mixed up but they take care of it quickly. They sent me the wrong color seat upholstery and sent another out right away and it arrived quickly. I just threw the incorrect ones back in the box and put the pre-paid return label on and done. Same thing with my front seat base padding, was the wrong one for a type 3 and they shipped the correct one out. Got here in 2 days. They had fedex do a pickup on that one even for the return. I have ordered many parts from them over the years. Good prices. Usually very helpful service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nucvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I have great service from Jbugs, except for the last order. I live about 2 miles from Jbugs, They have NEVER shipped anything to me in the past, always at will call. This order, dash light bulbs and some chrome rings for the head lights. $12 for shipping. Plus they only shipped 1 of the 2 chrome rings. Invoice said both in package. Kind of hard to miss
Went in and they said that they are back ordered. Complained about the shipping charge and the guy said I asked for it to be shipped. I am still looking for a spot on the site that says not to ship.

My first order with them a year ago, didn't get my order for 3 weeks, stopped by and the guy then said "we don't ship to Oceanside zip code" Order many things from them before and they have never shipped anything and I have filled the site out the same way.

Guess I will go to Mid America and pay for shipping because it will be cheaper.

Ok my rant is done.
Raymond73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a window rubber kit and door seals from J Bugs in the evening of 13 May. Everything arrived at my doorstep this morning (20 May) well packaged and complete. They were prompt with confirmation and provided a Fed Ex tracking number. I am pleased with my order and won't hesitate to use them again in the future.

Raymond
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
**orangecrush**
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a front disc brake kit from jbugs late this June. Got a call about week later stating that the kit I ordered supposedly has been out of stock and production for a couple years now(but yet was shown on website at the time I ordered and payed for it.?? )...... plus you have to wait til after you pay for your shipping to be calculated and a quote sent. bad business practice! cancelled order right away. Not receiving any money from me besides the restocking fee ..just sayin.

*1964 rat rod bug 800 hours hard rushed labor

*finding a rust free Washington state 74 type 1 that runs with all necessary components to restore it for 1250 bucks

**priceless**
Glenn wrote:
EMPI is Chinese for CRAP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
peteandvanessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just placed my first order with JBUGS.

I placed an order for left and right floor pans.

The Fedex truck turned up with them last night. The Fedex driver asked me to open the package, since he was concerned with how the pans were packaged, he also stated that he almost didn't accept the package for delivery because he thought it was poorly packaged.

The pans were put wrapped in two thin layers of bubble wrap with tape holding the bubble wrap together. When I un-wrapped the package, the pans were scuffed and bent. I called JBUGS and left a message and also emailed them today.
They responded that they have been shipping pans that way for 15 years and that I could decline to accept the package and have it returned and they would re-ship some new pans to me.

I declined to have them re-shipped because I feel that I might get pans that are more damaged than the ones I received. This was the first and last order they will ever get from me. Period.
Chrisstieh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered a special crush headliner(tmi) through JBUGS. no mention of being special order, but ok. i can wait the 4 weeks they said. at the 5 week mark i call and say where's it at. they say another few weeks.. NOT ok. i have windows out, interior waiting to go in, summer ending... the steal someone else's ordered headliner to shut me up.. new one arrives few days later.... its stained.. as made. i only unrolled about 2 feet of it.. its filfty...
they gave me a ration of crap about it. want me to wait another month. screw that. made them send me a ups shipping doc and they can refund my money. i'll just get everything through cip1 nowadays......
Chrisstieh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now today's jbugs drama. The windshield that I ordered two weeks ago arrived broken. After paying a $20 crating charge that ended up being a cardboard box and bubblewrap and NO fragile stickers. Now they have held me hostage with assembly yet again. What is wrong with me for ordering from them again???? Not anymore
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered some valvetrain parts March 24th. I didn't get any update so I called; they tell me 'an item was backordered & will be in stock either thurs or fri; we will contact u" I was never told item was backordered & they told ME they tried to call me;I never rec'd any contact from them at all. still no call/update from them so I called today."items are boxed up & waiting for fedex to pick up; we don't have a tracking number yet" That is not true! Tracking numbers are generated when package is billed & the shipping label is created & applied to the package! At least that's how the post office & ups works.Still no email or call FROM them. Not happy!
OBuehlerRules
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and last time I ever order from JBugs.... I ordered a simple $6.95 dual-port installation kit, product number 3230, that contained 2 manifold gaskets, 2 manifold boots and 4 clamps. Shouldn't be too hard to fill this order, huh? I mean more items are contained on a Big Mac sandwich and less-than-desirable people have been assembling Big Macs flawlessly for 50+ years. I didn't have to wait but 2-3 days for it (which seems to be contrary to a lot of feedback on here so that is nice) but when it arrived, only the manifold gaskets where in the envelope, there were no boots/clamps to be found! Really?!?
So anyways, along with the invoice was a slip of paper filled with explanations on why my order could be wrong (a bad sign, it basically means that you eff-up so often that you have to print and ship these with every order) and a 1-800 number to call but also a large font (rude, BTW...) saying you have 48 hour time limit. So, I called the number and imagine this, they are closed until Tuesday (and the package arrived on Saturday). Does this mean the 48 hour time limit is over when Tuesday rolls around? Am I screwed because YOU messed up?!
One more thing; to ship this sad excuse for an order fulfillment, I was charged $5.75. On the package, JBugs charged only $1.42 from USPS..... Never again
OBuehlerRules
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATE* Called JBugs, they say they will send me another kit in the mail in good faith. If it arrives, I will be satisfied and may order again from them in the future...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: