Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Transworks
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
d4619
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Transworks Reply with quote

- Anyone ever heard of these trannys and if so, what are your thoughts? Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a stock swingaxle Transworks tranny in my restored 62 type 1. It's excellent, its the best rebuilt tranny I've had over the years (vs Rancho, Transform, and a local rebuilt). Shifts the smoothest and is the quietest tranny by far. Swingaxles particularly like to "howl" - especially in 4th gear. Every tranny I've had does it to some degree - except the Transworks tranny, with one exception, at around 50MPH when engine braking, but silent when at all other times, accel or decelerating. I've been very happy with that tranny and if I ever need another tranny, I'll be going back to Transworks.

andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a transworks tranny that is about a year old. It is starting to howl in all gears. I haven't talked to them about it yet, basically because I'm procrastinating. Swingaxle R&R is my least favorite VW job.

That being said they were great to deal with. Price was great. They shipped it quick and fronted me the core charge. You can't neccessarrilly fault a shop for one problem. It is rebuilt and used parts will be included. Bearings are usually visually inspected and you can't always tell a bearing will fail in few thousand miles just by looking at it.

Maybe I'll call them soon and post the results. As far as I'm concerned a shop that has an ocasional mistake but makes it right is as good as it gets and glutamondo is happy with their work.
...If If stoner A takes a hit and then stoner B goes right away(not waiting two seconds), he's trying to suck on it while it's still got a vaccum, doesen't get much of a hit at all! Cause it hasn't filled back up all the way yet.

Stoner A is cylinders #2/4 B is #1/3 The plugged bowl is the throttle, the bong is the manifold
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D4619, call me > I have a local guy for you to see. I just got mine done for my square. Great to deal with. Jack
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: