Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Der Käfer Fahrer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see Bill Collins at Porsche events here in SoCal. He has been bit by vintage Porsche fever. It's known to kill VW's. Wink
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
BulliBill wrote:

I hold out hope that someday the DKF Club might rise again with the same strict but easily acheiveable requirements for membership. It is the only Vintage VW organization I know of that truely focused on the joy of maintaining and driving very old VWs in modern times. I sure miss that!

Bill Bowman

Well said Bill. I often think about trying to resurrect a DKF like club again someday. Although the internet has changed the dynamics of "membership" somewhat, there is nothing like the excitement of a "driving event". And you are right, those were some of the most fun, and nicest people in the hobby.....

Amen. Sign me up.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
D. Haviland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Put 3,000 miles on the zwitter this year, but have no special club to belong to anymore.
And yes Bob, Bill is definitely heavily into the Porsche thing.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Der Käfer Fahrer Reply with quote

Bumping a dead thread. We really should try to get a driving group back together. Maybe spark some life into the vintage scene especially here in the North East.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Der Käfer Fahrer Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Bumping a dead thread. We really should try to get a driving group back together. Maybe spark some life into the vintage scene especially here in the North East.

You read my mind. I'm in the PNW

Several people have been talking about 2019 Bad Camberg being the 20th Anniversary of the Der Fatherland Tour....would be awesome to get a driving tour planned for the anniversary. I really wished I had the car and money to have joined the first tour.
Ted2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Der Käfer Fahrer Reply with quote

Any interest is starting something like this in Ohio?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mkbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Der Käfer Fahrer Reply with quote

Ultramoron wrote:
Several people have been talking about 2019 Bad Camberg being the 20th Anniversary of the Der Fatherland Tour....would be awesome to get a driving tour planned for the anniversary. I really wished I had the car and money to have joined the first tour.

That would be awesome. Erich and I were on the German leg of the tour. We ran the support vehicle, slowing down the traffic so the caravan could merge onto the roadways and autobahns. Fun times and great memories. Each morning Bill would cry out "Driver's Meeting!" and off we went.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Der Käfer Fahrer Reply with quote

Hi Martin!

You going to Solvang in a couple of weeks? I'm flying out with Kathryn to visit the Niedernhofers and ride in or drive something from the Bay Area down to Solvang and back. I think there might be another 36hp Rallye! Say hi to your parents too!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: