Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Head cc difference
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitcharvey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Head cc difference Reply with quote

I cc'd my heads and one came out to 51cc and the other 53cc. straight up that gives me compressions of 8.83/1 and 8.58/1. Is this gonna be bad? honestly I wouldn't put full faith in my measuring. is it ok to pretend they are both 52cc?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
veedubcrazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, measure it again twice. i would want mine to all be he same. thats a .25 diff in comp ratio. alot in my book.
mitcharvey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, for real? I didn't actually think it would matter.

I checked it twice again (more carefully) and came up with almost the same thing. the head with 51cc is actually a liberal 52cc and the other head is a conservative 53cc.. what ever that means Confused

are you sure it really matters? it just seems that there's a good margin of error between head cc's and deck height, and that good round numbers are just ideal. but I honestly wouldn't know...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
randy2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1cc is considered acceptable for stock specs if I remember correctly.
It would be advisable to get them within at least the stock spec's if not better.
60sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would machine the other to 51.

I ran into the same problem and corrected it.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matters big time. 2cc diff will make your engine run like shit. i get mine to 2/10 cc difference and it runs so even and smooth. i use a gene berg semihemi cutting tool to balance them out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chazavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ones that arent 53cc you can make to 53cc......

get a dremel and take out the cc that you need to take out....

what size engine is this in??

what king of heads??

what cam are you running too?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
mitcharvey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be a 1904cc
043 heads
engle 110 cam
chazavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1904 huh....

that is 90.5 cylinders right?

the 043 heads were originally set up to handle 85.5mm cyl/pistons....

so the combustion chamber inside the head can be opened a little without affecting anything....... and get the desired 53cc that you need in all 4 to keep the c/r where you want it....

the valves are currently shrouded by the material that is left when boring the heads to make 90.5mm cyl/jugs fit in to the heads that were designed for 85.5mm cyl/jugs to fit in......

so you can open them up just a little bit to get the desired cc's........ hell maybe you can inspect each combustion chamber and see what the differences are..... it might just be a machining error.....

i personally took my 55cc head and turned it in to a 60cc head..... on my cb 044's with 40 x 35.5 valves....

look at this..... read the whole article on head porting...... over at the cal-look.com forum

tom is an awesome guy by the way........ i have personally seen him do things that will boogle your mind!!! props to tom.....

http://www.cal-look.com/index2.html

then go in to technical and then basic head porting and then to page three it shows what i am talking about.....

you will need to grind out the 2cc's that you need on the combustion chambers that arent correct. then polish/buff out the combustion chamber when you are done......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
mitcharvey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help! great link! it turned out pretty well, i think. 53cc's on both heads now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: