Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mrgil
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2009
daniel white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no engine.
Ive now sold on my 61 ragtop and left the scene, Im completely disgusted after having a VW since the mid 80s.
Now in these poor economic times we could all do with extra cash and its nice to hear Vic is still going to shows and getting drunk with his buddies on money he conned from other people.
I feel stupid I was conned on the internet for 10k and the money I lost cost me my hobby.

Daniel.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your luck. I guess the only hope for those that have been ripped by this loser is that he'll face a much greater and harsher brand of justice whenever he meets his maker, but it's apparent he deserves a severe ass kicking at present.

I'm on the cusp of bailing on VWs for the time being, myself... not because I'd been ripped off by anyone, but out of long-term frustration and no longer wanting to put the money out there on one expensive hobby versus a bunch of smaller, much cheaper ones.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
daniel white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever make it out there he'll be on my to do list along with your great places to see.

Thats said theres many a man cold in the ground over a lot less - I guess too many in the VW world are easy going folks.

We need a Hells Angels of VWs to sort this out.
drewgoin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He builds a good engine but when it comes to follow through, he's incompetent ........and a fairly decent liar.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A little retribution for you Vic. Hopefully this puts a face with a name for those who might come by his path.
19vw64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is a liar and thief. A good friend of mine has been dealing with his BS excuses for a few years now. He has had plenty of opportunity to make good on his end and has chosen not to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
50oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

I wish I ran across this a year ago....
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

50oval wrote:
I wish I ran across this a year ago....

If you have an issue, please post the details, we don't allow posts with no information
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
50oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sorry . I was looking for feed back from other people that have had dealings with Vic . I did not run across this when I was looking back then.
One year ago I ordered a motor with the promise of an eight week build .
Excuses listed above are the same ones used today. The promise of it shipping next week every time I contact him.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

For anyone who is hunting him down he is posting regularly in the flat 4 racers group on Facebook.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

So has he made restitution with anyone on money/parts/engines owed? He is posting fairly regularly on the page I mentioned in my last post.
Joel2011
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to join this discussion.. I've been dealing with vic since March 2017. I can honestly say that I am not happy with him or his company.. not sure if this post is still active but I wish I would have did better research before picking this guy for the job. 20 months and counting... anybody else dealing with this still? He won't return calls emails or texts anymore...
Mark Awdykowyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

Contracted with Victor in June 2007 to build a 1745 with all my original parts. I was deploying in August and he said it would be done before I left. It wasn’t completed until December and I had to pay someone to pick it up and put it in the car. I returned three years later and drove the car for 16,000 miles for approximately 10 years. At least a quarter oil leaked every 10 hours of operation. When I pulled it apart the DPR crank that I paid for was not there and many other parts that I had paid for were not installed, and the engine was it 1671 not a 1745. I had a brand new engine built locally and then contacted that about my findings. Granted it’s 10 years later and he said if I shipped it back to him he would rebuild it for free. That was in August 2016. I still do not have my engine or my parts and in addition, he said if I sent him $825 it would help him finish the job. I sent him the $825 in February 2019. I still have nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Awdykowyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

Resolved February 24, 2020
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: