Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

48 IDA's on a Type Three...
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
3squared
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: 48 IDA's on a Type Three... Reply with quote

In the past I've seen intake manifolds on type three's that mount the infamously large 48 IDA. I can't find them anywhere. I have the shorty intakes to run 40's/44's but not for the 48's. Anybody have the insight on where these can be obtained? The car they were on was modified but not cut to accept the huge carbs. The stock decklid still fit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe your mixing up the names... IDF's vs IDA's

48mm IDF's or DRLA's fit under the under the deck with some or little massaging required,

48mm IDA's are tall, they will not fit a type 3 engine compartment without cutting and running tall bug manifolds, their is no IDA manifolds for type 3

Anthony / ISP WEST
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3squared
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manifolds must have been made from the short type three base with the tall bug IDA mounting plates welded together. I have both sets of carbs and am confused as to how they were installed when I saw them on the car. I know the carbs are huge thats why I asked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugginmiami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: ida's Reply with quote

You can run ida's on a t3 but you might have to clearance your roof rack.
jasonw

johnnypan wrote:
Never mess with a cat who smiles for his mug shot..he gives way less of a fuck than you do..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rloaircool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never ran IDA's, but I had 44idf's on my old notchback with 6" velocity stacks and short manifolds. I had to cut notches out of the engine lid so it would close, it looked pretty cool with the engine lid closed, and the stacks sticking way out.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ida's Reply with quote

bugginmiami wrote:
You can run ida's on a t3 but you might have to clearance your roof rack.
jasonw

LOL
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: