Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Run, it's another newbie!
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bossanova
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Run, it's another newbie! Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I'm another ex-lurker who's decided to come clean and join up. I wanted to try to post photos of my car, a '74 standard I found rusting beneath a tree. I'll testify to the wisdom of learning what to look for before buying an old beetle as I could have saved thousands doing just that. But, after lots of trips to the welder, mechanic and bodyshop (thier kids are all doing well in college BTW Embarassed ) I've got a great hobby. As I've learned to do my own maintenance (well, the basics anyway) I'll probably be asking questions about more complicated stuff soon and promise I'll search first. Anyway, here's a tip of the hat to all and long live TheSamba. Now to see if I can post pictures...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bossanova
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
FlowerPowered
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Noble causes Reply with quote

Good on you! I consider restoring a basket case a most noble deed. Anyone can cleanup an already nice ride. But you've brought one back from an otherwise ugly fate.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you did a good job. Keep up the good work.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
bossanova
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement. If not for this website and the advice offered by it's members the car probably wouldn't even be drivable. Although it's pretty plain compared to many of the cars I see here it's still a riot to drive plus I feel confident knowing everything's adjusted right and precautions have been taken against the dreaded fire hazard. Lots of safe driving tips too. Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: