Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1946, 1947, 1948 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

California wildfire aftermath.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
DrHAX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOO NOT THE METH LAB! Crying or Very sad

Laughing
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALS wrote:

It is rear engine , body only was shortened 8" (stock length pan )

Hi Hals. Good to hear from ya.
Tim
cseay1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if this one has been posted before ..

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5146296528.html

1968 Karmann Ghia coupe - build log here: Chris' 68 Ghia Build Log - From the Woods back to the Street

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWs built for Wasteland Weekend, a kind of a post-apocalyptic Burning Man for Mad Max fans held in the California high desert:

http://wastelandweekend.com/

shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeL wrote:

That guy must not like his wife very much..
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shano63 wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:

I think that she gets to use the flamethrower when it is mounted as in the top photo.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeL wrote:
shano63 wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:

I think that she gets to use the flamethrower when it is mounted as in the top photo.

Getting to use the flamethrower doesn't sound so good to me when it also necessitates that you become the new front bumper. Try explaining that injury to her family at the wake.
Love the helmet, though. That'll totally save you from being slammed between several tons of steel in a collision.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or protect her if the thing rolled! Not sure if I would want to be strapped in that securely!

OTOH, I'd rather look at her legs than his.

Most of these cars are built to mimic or pay homage to vehicles in the Mad Max movie genre. I doubt that the seat is occupied for anything beyond photo opportunities.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Max was a kind of a cult movie, so I get the tribute-type vehicle....but look at that front seat Shocked That's no cheap, slapped together shit. Looks like a racing seat welded onto the Baja frame with a 5 point harness. Whoever built that fully expected to roll with an insane passenger riding shotgu.... sorry, flamethrower. I would not put my wife, goldfish, or favorite plush toy in that seat.

And if I remember correctly, didn't most of the guys in those Mad Max movies who were riding on the outside 'gunner' positions on the cars die horrible deaths? Hmmm. If you wanna really pay a proper tribute to the movies......

"Hey, honey, I see a small mound up ahead; hold on, I'm gonna try and take it in 3rd gear. This is a rear engine car, so I'm pretty sure it won't nose down on landing and turn you into a dusty blood stain. Love you!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Mad Max was a kind of a cult movie, so I get the tribute-type vehicle....but look at that front seat Shocked That's no cheap, slapped together shit. Looks like a racing seat welded onto the Baja frame with a 5 point harness. Whoever built that fully expected to roll with an insane passenger riding shotgu.... sorry, flamethrower. I would not put my wife, goldfish, or favorite plush toy in that seat.

And if I remember correctly, didn't most of the guys in those Mad Max movies who were riding on the outside 'gunner' positions on the cars die horrible deaths? Hmmm. If you wanna really pay a proper tribute to the movies......

"Hey, honey, I see a small mound up ahead; hold on, I'm gonna try and take it in 3rd gear. This is a rear engine car, so I'm pretty sure it won't nose down on landing and turn you into a dusty blood stain. Love you!"

Maybe if he had take out a big life insurance policy when they first got married. Then just claim it as an unforeseen accident.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
awreed wrote:

Maybe if he had take out a big life insurance policy when they first got married. Then just claim it as an unforeseen accident.

Bingo. "I don't know what happened. It had a 5 point harness and a racing seat. She should have been perfectly safe! Oh well. When do I get the check?"
vdubyah73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya right, a flame thrower blowing right back in her face! Wicked smart.

Bill

73 bounty hunter, sold.
'77 transporter, junked had crotch rot.
Dubless, but have a CPR built stroker waiting for a new to me Beetle
'93 Fleetwood Bounder 34'
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awreed wrote:

You can't really be serious. Do you understand fun? Fantasy? Fiction?

That car was built with these things in mind. If you are honestly concerned about safety in this situation, you have completely given into the "nanny state" way of thinking about life. I bet you're a blast at parties.

Time to hop on my 250 Big Red and grab a fresh beer...
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Too funny!
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
awreed wrote:

You can't really be serious. Do you understand fun? Fantasy? Fiction?

That car was built with these things in mind. If you are honestly concerned about safety in this situation, you have completely given into the "nanny state" way of thinking about life. I bet you're a blast at parties.

Wow. A little hostile are we? I don't believe I've ever met you before, yet you felt it was necessary to launch an ad hominem attack on my character? Shocked
Since you lack the ability to critically analyze the written word, I'll go ahead and spell it out for you one more time: I understand the desire to build one of these fantasy vehicles for something like burning man, but DUDE- that seat has a 5 point harness on it! What the hell was that guy planning on doing with his girl strapped in there? One bad bounce or rollover and she is fucked up.

That's all I was saying, bro.

I haven't given into any nanny state bs. If someone wants to build a dangerous fantasy vehicle, go for it. I still reserve the right to criticize their engineering from my laptop. We all do it on this site, so don't bother getting all sanctimonious on me.

And yes, actually I am quite pleasant to be around at parties.
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
that seat has a 5 point harness on it! What the hell was that guy planning on doing with his girl strapped in there? One bad bounce or rollover....

Actually with the harness the only thing that would hurt her is a rollover. Without the harness, it would only take a "bad bounce" to put her into a world of hurt. Seems that the harness was the prudent thing to do.

All of life is risk. Some choose to experience more, some less. Simply being on this forum indicates a strong likelihood that one is driving around in a 40-year-old car without airbags, crush zones, or anti-lock brakes, a wildly dangerous thing from some people's point of view!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeL wrote:

All of life is risk. Some choose to experience more, some less. Simply being on this forum indicates a strong likelihood that one is driving around in a 40-year-old car without airbags, crush zones, or anti-lock brakes, a wildly dangerous thing from some people's point of view!

This.

It is funny to me how people perceive and accept risk.

AWREED, I did not intend to attack your character, only your perception of a risk someone else is taking. Some would never consider sky diving, others do it every day. Some people like to build goofy cars to parade around the desert and role play with other folks of like mind. Others buy a new car every year after researching to find the one with the top safety ratings. So be it.
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shano63 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Too funny!

No joke, I bought a storage unit today and it had a "big red" front fork! I was so excited to see it, I wish the rest of the frame was there...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271970690808
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1946, 1947, 1948 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Page 1947 of 2183

Jump to: