Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1970, 1971, 1972 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

fig wrote:
Built like a brick sh!thouse:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

More like a brick pagoda!
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Marcus BULLIZEI wrote:

For the love of God, why?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I would proudly drive the brick shithouse.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

It wouldn't be complete without one of those portable portalets, even if you never used it, it would have to have it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

It wouldn't be complete without one of those portable portalets, even if you never used it, it would have to have it.

...and a magazine rack.
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

That "housebus" has split window side loading doors. Bizarre.
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Bunglebus wrote:

Much quieter than the bay slider for that midnight potty trip. Don't want to wake the neighbors.
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Yeah another kit, but a fugly one.

http://www.gumtree.co.za/view.html?adId=1001556144...paign=bolt
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I like this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I think it's the side windows that offend me, it'd be OK if it had either no roof or maybe a soft top. That square thing in the door looks like it belongs in a greenhouse.
vdubyah73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I do too. You could actually use this for daily driving as well as fun! Had a dune buggy, was a lot of fun, kinda sucked in traffic sitting in the sun baking and blistering, couldn't really use it in the rain either. This is more like a three season buggy , drive it till the snow flies, you could easily make the heat work. The exposed engine would be the only reason to avoid winter weather.
I had dual carbs that would be right in the tire spray, I suppose you could fabricate air intake to solve that though, I never did.

Bill

73 bounty hunter, sold.
'77 transporter, junked had crotch rot.
Dubless, but have a CPR built stroker waiting for a new to me Beetle
'93 Fleetwood Bounder 34'
fig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Bunglebus wrote:

Much quieter than the bay slider for that midnight potty trip. Don't want to wake the neighbors.

Not split bus doors, look carefully. The forward door is from a double cab, while the rear door is hacked from the remains of the slider.

"Don't make a fuss, just get on the bus ..."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Bunglebus wrote:

I'm totally thinking hot tub in the back.
Heat exchangers blow warm bubbles through the jets.
Hell yeah!
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I like it! Cool
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

VW Beetle Kit Car
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/vw-beetle-kit-car/1101167606
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Patty B. wrote:
VW Beetle Kit Car
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/vw-beetle-kit-car/1101167606

Rear wheel wells are huge. Other than that, it's kinda ugly.
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

fig wrote:
Bunglebus wrote:

Not split bus doors, look carefully. The forward door is from a double cab, while the rear door is hacked from the remains of the slider.

I take my hat off to you for your observational skills, how you can tell that I do not know!
zabo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5414853376.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I like it! Looks like they put some time, money, and effort into it, and had some skills. I wonder what they had planned for the roof cover and the side windows?
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Yeah liking that, works even better with the roof chop - Billabug was build pillarless around 25 years ago, and to me is one of the best looking custom VWs ever.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1970, 1971, 1972 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Page 1971 of 2183

Jump to: