Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1990, 1991, 1992 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Can anyone ID the wheels? ^^^

looks like a deep version of the saab sonett wheel.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I almost had a ride once in a Saab Sonnet Very Happy
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in crystal white pearl
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in cinnamon brown pearl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Can anyone ID the wheels? ^^^

looks like a deep version of the saab sonett wheel.

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

hmmmm...
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I searched everywhere for a deep version on the saab wheel and can not find one but that is what it looks like to me. what ever is on the picnic table doesn't look like a 5 on 205 wheel like vw's. It looks like the 5 on 170 like the early saabs or 5 on 165 like an early land rover.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Looks a little like some 80's American stuff that was trying to be 80's Euro stuff. But it looks almost exactly like the Saab product only with a different width/offset.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Everett posted this one in the Bus whine section, I thought it should be posted here too. It is for sale on Ebay right now as well out of Brazil.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Thanks, forgot about that.

Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-/262589727773?rmvSB=true
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Thanks, forgot about that.

Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-/262589727773?rmvSB=true

Hopefully that 40,000 asking price is in Brazilian Real, which comes out to about $12,000. Still overpriced...
Robbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

So if the air ride fails on this narrowbus, then the front wheels will stop the doors opening and you will have to live in there till you have starved enough to climb through the sliding window? In my case that would take several years.
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
So if the air ride fails on this narrowbus, then the front wheels will stop the doors opening and you will have to live in there till you have starved enough to climb through the sliding window? In my case that would take several years.

I don't think the front doors open?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:

I'm sure that the person who engineered that car included an emergency gear extension system like that on an airplane. Yeah, that's it.

Don't worry about having to lose weight to crawl out of the window. You will die of thirst long before that!
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

good news : you can lower it as much as you want, no tire rub!
Robbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:

OK, so as I understand it, this man was born inside this bus in 1960 and was passed clothes, food and water through the sliding window till he was fully grown.
I would of thought he would look a little more withered due to a lack of exercise and a lot less happy than he is.
I also assume that for the 40K asking price, you get him as well, or a tin opener.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:

OK, so as I understand it, this man was born inside this bus in 1960 and was passed clothes, food and water through the sliding window till he was fully grown.
I would of thought he would look a little more withered due to a lack of exercise and a lot less happy than he is.
I also assume that for the 40K asking price, you get him as well, or a tin opener.

I wouldn't want him, that sounds like a burden... If he was born inside there and grew up, he probably has no marketable skills and almost no value to society.

Get him out of there and into some sort of adult training program. Smile
Robbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:

I wouldn't want him, that sounds like a burden... If he was born inside there and grew up, he probably has no marketable skills and almost no value to society.

I don't know, he can drive a stick Everett. Or possibly train him to work in a Drive Thru as he's used to the sliding window. Once he's been cut free of course.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:

I don't know, he can drive a stick Everett. Or possibly train him to work in a Drive Thru as he's used to the sliding window. Once he's been cut free of course.

He is qualified for that!
40 years of experience, that's probably 39.99 more years than most fast food people.
Robbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Robbo wrote:

He is qualified for that!
40 years of experience, that's probably 39.99 more years than most fast food people.

Laughing
ulikwp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

A couple I found while browsing thru Kijiji

This one is advertised as a hunting wagon

And this one is a "street rail."

chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

ulikwp wrote:
A couple I found while browsing thru Kijiji

And this one is a "street rail."

Very few of these make me laugh out loud, this one is one of those.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1990, 1991, 1992 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Page 1991 of 2183

Jump to: