Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1613, 1614, 1615 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spook1s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying anybody is wrong.. I'm saying we all have different opinions. That would be like me telling you that your favorite color is wrong.

As for the pictures not telling the story, I have said I am willing to take any pictures you would like to see. YOU tell me the story you want to see. Truthfully, going by pictures it's hard to tell any story completely about any vehicle.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
I'm not saying anybody is wrong.. I'm saying we all have different opinions. That would be like me telling you that your favorite color is wrong.

As for the pictures not telling the story, I have said I am willing to take any pictures you would like to see. YOU tell me the story you want to see. Truthfully, going by pictures it's hard to tell any story completely about any vehicle.

so are you willing to tell us when and for how much you sell it or not?

as far as the pictures go, we can easily see that it is a POS yellow 13-window. that is enough.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook1s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's GREEN!!! GREEN!! Not yellow! You color blind weirdo!!

As for being a POS... I wouldn't classify it as that either. It definately needs work, but it is not stripped out to the point of being a "shell" It is titled which in my opinion says a lot for it. Some states actually require proper paperwork in order to register and drive vehicles.
It has windows... WITH the glass in place.. WOW! There is another plus!
It even has lights still in place that work!
Look at the rear wheel arches. No New Jersey looker here! Original rear wheel arches and wheel wells are nice.

You western state folks are spoiled by the plethora of buses that headed that way in the 60's and 70's. They are not as common in the eastern states. If people want a better condition bus from out west, they also have to factor in the cost of transport. Shipping is NOT cheap.

Lind.. I'll let you know the second the greenbacks hit my hand. BUT, I'm going to inflate the truth to give others a false sense of value! Laughing
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:

I am sorry, we must be from different realities. please excuse me for not recognizing this earlier.

to me, that bus is yellowish. phlegm at best.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bjeles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things sell a little slower on the eastern side. They still sell fast if under priced but otherwise the people who are looking are great distances away normally.

I have parts in my barn that have not sold for a long time, not because of lack of interest but more so they lack of affordable shipping for very large items like a roof clip etc.

I typically sell 6 air cooled Vws a year, this year I've sold eight. Most last a few months, most sell out of state. Of the eight this year 2-3 were sold within Michigan, the others left to other states and countries. I sold a 13 window and an 11 window bus this year one was a clapped out shell that sold for 900 the other was complete minus motor with a westy camping interior for 4500.

I always price my items where I expect them to sell for in my area and ignore all low ball offers from fishers.

They definitely sell when priced accordingly they just take a bit more time in our area.
1965 double cab
1965 SO-42 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=470425&highlight=survivor+westy
1974 thing
spook1s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. I guess you're right.. It does look like it might be dark yellow with blue mixed in.
Yellow? Seriously??

Whatever. Your off sense of color valuation is not my concern, nor should it be the topic of discussion here.
dubstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's yellow-green or green-yellow...

http://instagram.com/john_aka_dubstar/
http://web.stagram.com/n/john_aka_dubstar/

"you could transport really tall things too, like a giraffe"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some constructive things that might help you sell the bus;

1) Take 200+ photos, put them on flikr/photo hosting site and put the link in the ad.
2) Either install the engine and make it run, or take it out. I'm not sure, but if it's 'somewhere in between' you are going to get almost zero value out of it and lose a good engine (to you). So do one or the other. It's sooo much easier to sell running buses (unless they are old/desirable).
3) Put the easy (for you) stuff back on. It's not too hard to put the bumper, trim etc on it and make it look complete(ish). Empty it out, clean it up, fix the little stuff!
4)When someone comes to buy they want to hand you cash, and put it on the trailer (or drive it on!) and go. They don't want to be loading parts etc. Your last lines are killing your ad!!

Hope you sell the bus. If you have time, you don't have to reduce the price (it's your bus), but eventually you have to be flexible on it.

Also, it's a 'race to the bottom' people will buy the cheapest thing they can (call it American conditioning to Chinese cheap products), but if you're selling in N. America, price is the number one thing people look at.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

The only green I see here is that Turkis cargo door.
spook1s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's call it Chartruese and drop the color issue. Rolling Eyes
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we move on all together and pick on someone else now Wink
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clearly spook1s one is in fantasy land, so agreed, time to move along.

what's the story (real or made up) on these?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1409276

RARE Early westfalia so42 interior dome lights Price: make offer $$

Early westfalia so42 campers had this style of dome light fixture cover with a soft indentation on the side.. these pair is original and is perfect!!!
Please make a serious offers.

spook1s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless You brother!! Laughing

But for the record, I changed the ad a little.. I dropped my price some.. Still willing to negotiate further!
I'll go get another tire so you will be able to load and go.

There really is nothing inside it that doesn't come with it. The Beetle doors are easy. They will be out before you get here... I Promise!!

I don't really want to put trim back on because it needs polished. I don't want to put bumper back on.. It needs some hammer and dolly work and paint. Plus it will be in your way for the motor you put in.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:

But for the record, I changed the ad a little.. I dropped my price some.. Still willing to negotiate further!

No problems Smile I find a little constructive advice helps more than random internet bitching (check out some of these guys posts, that's all they seem to do or know how to do, yet they call themselves 'pros' ha!).

The price is really decent now, and even if the parts aren't perfect the bus will look soo good with it's parts back on. If the engine is running, your bus will be gone at that price!

Good job on the changes!! And glad to help instead of whine! Very Happy
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: interior dome lights Reply with quote

are those interior dome lights fake they look it ..
as they are may be pretty easy to make from some old hockey equipement..
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
spook1s wrote:

No problems Smile I find a little constructive advice helps more than random internet bitching (check out some of these guys posts, that's all they seem to do or know how to do, yet they call themselves 'pros' ha!).

The price is really decent now, and even if the parts aren't perfect the bus will look soo good with it's parts back on. If the engine is running, your bus will be gone at that price!

Well done DAwerks...Handled and closed with respect.

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
spook1s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That's why they are "Pros" They know everything about everything... right?

It just seems counterproductive to put parts on that need to be taken back off to work on.

I'm no longer offering it with a motor. I need it for another project. I am willing to negotiate further on price... Just not here in the forums.
I'm not trying to be a bad guy here. Just standing up for myself. Typically I never browse the "Whines" thread because I don't like pissy little bitch boys but I got a heads up and wanted to stand my ground.

I will continue to try to serve you all better in the future. Laughing
slayer56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
spook1s wrote:

I am sorry, we must be from different realities. please excuse me for not recognizing this earlier.

to me, that bus is yellowish. phlegm at best.

Both right ....Pee Green ...Urine Yellow!! Settled!

Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
germansupplyscott wrote:
IN2RUST wrote:
...To think that it has not sold because people just " Cannot Afford it" or the Economy is bad. People still have money and will spend the money on a bus IF it is worth it...

agree 100%. priced right VW items, be they vehicles or parts or tools or what have you, they will sell here on thesamba.com regardless of most outside factors. the economy is not in the best shape but it's not like we're in the great depression here. buyers who are shopping have funds to pay for items that are priced accordingly to their market value. if you're selling anything pertaining to the vintage VW market, thesamba.com is surely the best place on the web to sell, you have the most eyeballs possible on your item and the buyers know the products. thesamba.com is a global marketplace. how do you know if your item is priced accordingly to its true market value? if you have genuine interest from buyers at your offer price. if all your interested buyers are consistently offering well below your asking then your asking price is too high. how do you know if an item is priced too low? painfully, you'll sell it within hours or even minutes, and wish you'd priced it differently or had more of the item to sell.

good stuff sells fast at or near market price.

mediocre stuff sells slow even at a discount price.

crappy stuff doesn't sell for anything more than a fire-sale price.

a yellow project 13-window in the midwest is mediocre at best. I doubt that any of the pro's would own that bus at any price. plenty of us would be happy to buy it at fire-sale price and resell it or use it as a shasta bus. as far as owning it and improving it, the kind of dreamer who is willing to do that just cannot put together more than a couple grand.

I would not put the effort into making that a shasta bus.

I have a similar POS bus, in less annoying colors, that I will put up for sale when I am done using it as a shed.
Please do post up the actual sales price; that will help me, and others in the VW community, to set a price on project buses.

Honestly, the color of your bus is terrible.... and it matters.
I had a running, driving DC that took a LONG time to sell. New brakes, rebuild beam, working gas gauge, for the same price range as what you've been asking for that project. I blame the color. It was a ugly brown and tan, like a 80s Ford truck. Ugly. Not currrently fashionable. Even the dash was brown. The guy who bought it repainted it. Very Happy
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Clara wrote:
EverettB wrote:
buseric wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
crofty wrote:
oleflorida wrote:
I know they're rare but $5500 for a SO-33 tent? Wow.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1404383

Gerson metal ain't cheap!

Tent: $3,000
Set of poles: $1,000
Pole bag: $200

Roof mounts: $100

If he also has the canvas tent storage bag, all of the original stakes, the two rope tie-downs with special clips and stakes for the privy room and/or awning, the little canvas bag for the stakes and the original erection instructions, plus a bit of a premium for getting everything all at once versus piecemealing it, I could see it happening for around $5,000.

I'd say more like $3K complete, poles and bags. Add an extra $100 for the mounts. The last tent without poles i saw was $1500 and it sat for a while.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I would at least combine the tent and poles together to get $3000.

Pole bag for $200... this is a good point, if it's not torn up. Most are.

I'm guessing that the $5500 includes a surcharge for setting it up in the oil spill on the driveway.
I'm seeing some stains on that canvas, maybe this is how they do.

I'd be more concerned about that stain if it were on the toilet tent side!!!

Looks like it's pending, wonder what it sold for.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1404383
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1613, 1614, 1615 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 1614 of 2710

Jump to: