Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1876, 1877, 1878 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I can steal the order #s from Carls Jr and get 45 bucks for them?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1628739
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalmike wrote:

awesome.. selling stolen crap! Laughing
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

117harv wrote:
[...]He then a couple years later sold it back to Mark Smith who then sold it to another VW fanatic, in California I think but not sure. It's where abouts after that are a mystery, as well as the large NOS light, does anyone know more about it?

I bought it from Mark Smith. I got the bus road-worthy and registered, found a set of stretchers and jump seat, mounted the roof light (which didn't seem NOS to me) and an NOS siren. I took it to a few shows and had fun with it, and I even drove it to work a few times. but ambulances are the type of bus that's fun for a while, but other than showing it off, there's not a lot you can do with it other than that. I sold it a couple of years ago to another VW fanatic who also had a '61 ambulance.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
norcalmike wrote:

awesome.. selling stolen crap! Laughing

We don't allow these on the site and the ad was removed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

117harv wrote:
The bus pricing is out of controll, a hundred grand for a super rusty, bus that is really just a novelty at best. I hope all the over priced buses/parts come back down so we can just have fun at an affordable price.

Thanks for the history.

Don't confuse the asking price here with a real asking price, he changes the price all the time. It was originally $25K but I believe it has been less from time to time. There are some comments earlier in this thread when it changed a few other times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danjlove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you bus experts think about this? The modified windows are interesting. I guess that would be a word for them. Am I missing something here or is that a decent price? http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1623731
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like a fair price to me.
117harv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thom wrote:
117harv wrote:
[...]He then a couple years later sold it back to Mark Smith who then sold it to another VW fanatic, in California I think but not sure. It's where abouts after that are a mystery, as well as the large NOS light, does anyone know more about it?

I bought it from Mark Smith. I got the bus road-worthy and registered, found a set of stretchers and jump seat, mounted the roof light (which didn't seem NOS to me) and an NOS siren. I took it to a few shows and had fun with it, and I even drove it to work a few times. but ambulances are the type of bus that's fun for a while, but other than showing it off, there's not a lot you can do with it other than that. I sold it a couple of years ago to another VW fanatic who also had a '61 ambulance.

Thanks for filling in more history. The blue light on it now isn't the one I sold it with, it was much larger and it was early with screw style wire connectors.
jeffff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 58 Ambulance, I've always thought they were cool. Lots unique features that aren't found on any other bus.

Do you guys know of anyone that has an ambulance with a normal interior in it? I want mine to look like an Ambulance, with lights and siren. With the cool stuff.. divider, step, fans, windows but make it useful.....i.e seats.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danjlove wrote:
What do you bus experts think about this? The modified windows are interesting. I guess that would be a word for them. Am I missing something here or is that a decent price? http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1623731

It would be a good thing to mention that the bus has been rolled. Or at least on it's side at some point. While that is a simple fix, it sure isn't an easy fix. Look at the rear shot. Very interesting.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

66ratrod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

117harv wrote:
About the ambulance posted above, here is some info/history on it.

Mark Smith who was a very heavy hitter in the vintage VW scene in the 80's and 90's bought the bus from someone in Ontario Canada back in the early 90's and had it shipped to his home in southern Oregon. He had it for a short time, but as many of us bus collectors have to have what is cool, I had to have it, I got him to let loose of it for $3000, in about 93 or 94 if my memory serves me right. I then later got him to sell me an early NOS blue glass revolving light. I tried for awhile to get a stretcher for it, I had a few leads but none panned out. It had later bumpers on it then and what I think was the origonal engine, but not sure.

I had the bus for 3 or 4 years and then sold it to another local friend collector here in southern Oregon for $3500, the 3 grand purchase price plus the $500 for the NOS rotating light. He then a couple years later sold it back to Mark Smith who then sold it to another VW fanatic, in California I think but not sure. It's where abouts after that are a mystery, as well as the large NOS light, does anyone know more about it?

The bus pricing is out of controll, a hundred grand for a super rusty, bus that is really just a novelty at best. I hope all the over priced buses/parts come back down so we can just have fun at an affordable price.

That may be a different, similar bus that you're thinking of.
When I found that bus, It had Florida tags that expired in the early 90's (91 or 92) and an old FSU faculty sticker.

I found that bus back in 2008 over in Blountstown, Fl.
I was at a "normal" car show there, and a guy told me that he had a friend who had a VW bus with ambulance lights. I tried to avoid sh*tting my pants on the spot (successful) and left the show ASAP to go check it out. It was that ambulance, sitting in the back of a VW graveyard.

Some family shenanigans happened, and I ended up in California. My dad and brother stayed in Fl and bought that bus, but decided that It was too rusty to do anything with and put it up for sale.

They sold it to a guy in CA is 2010. It was funny loading it on the truck, on the sheet where they mark damage, they circled the whole car. Laughing

I know that is the same bus, everything is rusted/ worn/ damaged in exactly the same way.
I'm still using the (incorrect) deluxe rear bumper it came with on my 66.

PS: they paid 2K for it.
100,000$ is laughable.

"ACWVs are like having a sick dog that has a 100 year life span and needs constant medical attention... that you ride to work daily."
-Brian

\Dancing Red Bus

Last edited by 66ratrod on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66ratrod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, it may have worked its way over here and the owner just stuck an old Fl tag on it.

I never really looked into its history much.

"ACWVs are like having a sick dog that has a 100 year life span and needs constant medical attention... that you ride to work daily."
-Brian

\Dancing Red Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1628998

Mind blowing!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
claytonalbright
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
danjlove wrote:

It would be a good thing to mention that the bus has been rolled. Or at least on it's side at some point. While that is a simple fix, it sure isn't an easy fix. Look at the rear shot. Very interesting.

The guy selling that bus is a very stand up guy and would not falsify anything to sell a bus. If it has been rolled he is not intentionally leaving it out. Its a solid bus and I think priced pretty close to where it should be.

Shoot him a pm and ask him about it.
65 Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this Double for half this price. This looks to be a flippers price? The first owner was selling it for around 15k just days ago.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1622960

The VW Junkie,
56 Euro 23 Window
58 Krankenwagen (Mr. Kranken)
59 Fjord Blue Bug
61 Ragtop
61 Double Cab
64 Euro Squareback Model S
65 21 Window (Blue)
71 Deluxe Bay Window
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

Mind blowing!

How would one know if it is OG? There is not a tag and you can buy repop tags, here. That price is killing the dream.

I am not implying that it is not OG.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

65 Deluxe wrote:
I just saw this Double for half this price. This looks to be a flippers price? The first owner was selling it for around 15k just days ago.

It may be confusing as they relisted it a couple times under different accounts and I kept deleting it and telling them to stop. The previous prices were either garbage like "1234567" or in the high 20s. They have messed with the price a bunch too.
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sh*tBird wrote:
crofty wrote:

Mind blowing!

How would one know if it is OG? There is not a tag and you can buy repop tags, here. That price is killing the dream.

I am not implying that it is not OG.

"Original rack, original CONDITION but...... new clamps, painted white!!! What the Hell!!!... $1850
And look at those original phillip screws!!!... WOW! Laughing
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
65 Deluxe wrote:

It may be confusing as they relisted it a couple times under different accounts and I kept deleting it and telling them to stop. The previous prices were either garbage like "1234567" or in the high 20s. They have messed with the price a bunch too.

There is something wrong with the back window and right side of the cab.
It is not shown well.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
EverettB wrote:
65 Deluxe wrote:

There is something wrong with the back window and right side of the cab.
It is not shown well.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Good catch.
They mention they have a replacement piece in the ad but yes, I guess someone wanted a bigger back window.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1876, 1877, 1878 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 1877 of 2710

Jump to: