Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1920, 1921, 1922 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would be helpful would be a filter for the [WTB] tag.

It is obviously total dumbassery to tell people they can't post a WTB ad if that is what they want to do. The vast majority of vehicles is out west, that is a fact.

maybe everett could implement a WTB filter in the search function.

At the same time, looking at 33 ads takes a couple of minutes, if you don't have that kind of time, maybe you are not that interested to begin with...

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
TDIvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That option is at the bottom of the classifieds search box, provided the ad is correctly placed as a wanted ad.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDIvan wrote:
That option is at the bottom of the classifieds search box, provided the ad is correctly placed as a wanted ad.

there you have it! works perfectly. clearly operator error then

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L41ThreeFold wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up many times before ………

It is VERY frustrating to sift through the "for sale" ads when the same usual suspects are constantly posting WTB ads….

I searched for "23 window" in the Splits "for sale" category today and there were more "WTB" ads than actual 23 window VW's for sale!!! (33 ads total = 16 WTB, 15 For Sale, 2 Pending).

99.99% of Samba members "WTB" a 23 window!! To litter the "for sale" section with so many WTB ads seems a little sloppy and is very frustrating to buyers IMO.

"For sale" should mean FOR SALE!!

If somebody had a VW for sale, it would be very convenient to have one spot on the website to find all of the buyers WTB ads.

Just my 2 cents ……. Great website Ev ….. keep up the good work!!

As stated above by TDI, there is a funtion on the search to do this... But why isn't this the DEFAULT? I'll wager most people searching could care less about the WTB's.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky100610 wrote:

Man! U have too much time on your hands

Just enough to be a very well-informed VW hobbyist- comes from being able to retire comfortably at 46. Welcome to this forum, where you are experiencing what 100s before you have learned when attempting to under-rep your first bus sale. Learn from them, don't dodge the realities of your own shortcomings- and fix your ad. I've never low-balled or misrepped, thereby enjoying a short list of apologies I've needed to make over the decades in this hobby. Now quit hopelessly defending yourself here and make your reference in the "good deals thread" your lifelong goal. I am critical of your ad- not you- you're taking it personal because you know it needs improvement. I know it took you longer to reply to me than to snap 20 helpful pictures of your bus. Good luck.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDIvan wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:
rockymountainaircooled wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1674445

Make an offer on a bus that you haven't seen as a whole- sounds reasonable!

Just the presence of multiple fuel filters tells me he is trying like hell to deshit a dirty fuel system- like a quickie "see it runs" business. That f'd and faked patina is gonna suck for the next owner with which to deal too.

actually theres a brand new gas tank installed, and I'm running filters because simply want too, thinking on adding a few more lol

Sell it as you hope- but those do not instill confidence. I'm not shabby at representing the cars I sell- but good photographs are easy and cheap. I implore you to take some pics that represent your bus, because as it stands, it is not to be trusted. You have just 5 lines of text- 20% of which are dedicated to describing parts you are including- but still don't describe your bus- only the fear of what needs replacement. No offense, but I could go on- I think you get what I'm saying.

Man! U have too much time on your hands, turn that negative low balling attitude and Trurn it into something useful, for yourself, people that are trying to bring the value down on these cars are the ones with no money, don't try to capitalize with your two lonely coins in your pocket.. Thinking on installing a filter in that mouth of yours bud, the wrong way

I think most of the people posting in this thread are those who have been into buses long before they were worth anything and either drove or still drive them. There are still alot of us, still fixing,driving and enjoying them rather than dreaming of how much money one can get for a bus before actually acquiring it. Luckily there is still a network of real bus owners who still pass parts back and forth to keep them on the road without worrying about making a quick buck.

We'll it's a new generation, time changed aslong with currency and rarity of many classes of early different type of vehicles,I'm all for the rise of value of these old cars they're scarce and they are a good finger print of automotive history, now for the people that whine about prices different options lingure for them like newer model super beetles and late bays, it's like saying let's scratch these prices off on early Porsches because back in the good ol days they were worth cashews.. Nah! Get ya money right !!! Times have changed!
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:

Man! U have too much time on your hands

Just enough to be a very well-informed VW hobbyist- comes from being able to retire comfortably at 46. Welcome to this forum, where you are experiencing what 100s before you have learned when attempting to under-rep your first bus sale. Learn from them, don't dodge the realities of your own shortcomings- and fix your ad. I've never low-balled or misrepped, thereby enjoying a short list of apologies I've needed to make over the decades in this hobby. Now quit hopelessly defending yourself here and make your reference in the "good deals thread" your lifelong goal. I am critical of your ad- not you- you're taking it personal because you know it needs improvement. I know it took you longer to reply to me than to snap 20 helpful pictures of your bus. Good luck.

Something that's selling for 8k shouldn't be explained down to the very crease it has in it's ass, it's a 67 bus that's a project that runs and that's it? Lol simple comes with a extra parts to fix the rust and that's it? I own a few others that are getting restored to the last nut, makes more sense to explain a vehicle that will be show quality and will be asking 35k than this project that's priced at 8k [its a project!] lol needs work! (PROJECT)
Lol
M183kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky100610 wrote:
TDIvan wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:

Just the presence of multiple fuel filters tells me he is trying like hell to deshit a dirty fuel system- like a quickie "see it runs" business. That f'd and faked patina is gonna suck for the next owner with which to deal too.

actually theres a brand new gas tank installed, and I'm running filters because simply want too, thinking on adding a few more lol

Sell it as you hope- but those do not instill confidence. I'm not shabby at representing the cars I sell- but good photographs are easy and cheap. I implore you to take some pics that represent your bus, because as it stands, it is not to be trusted. You have just 5 lines of text- 20% of which are dedicated to describing parts you are including- but still don't describe your bus- only the fear of what needs replacement. No offense, but I could go on- I think you get what I'm saying.

Man! U have too much time on your hands, turn that negative low balling attitude and Trurn it into something useful, for yourself, people that are trying to bring the value down on these cars are the ones with no money, don't try to capitalize with your two lonely coins in your pocket.. Thinking on installing a filter in that mouth of yours bud, the wrong way

I think most of the people posting in this thread are those who have been into buses long before they were worth anything and either drove or still drive them. There are still alot of us, still fixing,driving and enjoying them rather than dreaming of how much money one can get for a bus before actually acquiring it. Luckily there is still a network of real bus owners who still pass parts back and forth to keep them on the road without worrying about making a quick buck.

We'll it's a new generation, time changed aslong with currency and rarity of many classes of early different type of vehicles,I'm all for the rise of value of these old cars they're scarce and they are a good finger print of automotive history, now for the people that whine about prices different options lingure for them like newer model super beetles and late bays, it's like saying let's scratch these prices off on early Porsches because back in the good ol days they were worth cashews.. Nah! Get ya money right !!! Times have changed!

Currency hasn't changed, monies not everything & multiple (upside down) fuel filters with a new fuel tank are unnecessary & it gives you the appearance of a rookie, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...some of us build 'em cuz we love 'em tho...if the price is $8k, state that in your ad...offer ads bug the shit outta most people & I doubt many would offer you more than that...if you're confident in that figure though, you don't need to come onto this thread to defend it...it always makes me chuckle to see people try to justify what they're asking, especially in the 'whines' thread...also, it's hard to believe you really give a shit whether or not they are a 'good fingerprint of automotive history' when you're obviously trying to cash in on them, now go 'get ya money, right'...
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing the water ...again? 28K Reply with quote

spookymulder wrote:
aa390392 wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1677624
@28K i'd say cold..and colder
if no inquiries the truck will get painted porsche red and off white ..and not dove blue........
I always hated "feeler" and "testing the water" ads. Usually posted by desperate morons with no track record of restoring a car, let alone a Volkswagen bus.

"Desperate moron" u just danced softly those chubby nub fingers u probably have across the keyboard from the security of your computer, I'm out on shows a lot maybe we can get a cup of coffee, and rehurse those kind words to my face Smile lol the truck is at the point where paint is next, I was asking to see if someone would be interested in picking out a color and was looking for a vehicle of this type to let me know, set up a appointment and will get the color done to the buyers choice. Factory dove blue seems boring....
M183kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky100610 wrote:

Something that's selling for 8k shouldn't be explained down to the very crease it has in it's ass, it's a 67 bus that's a project that runs and that's it? Lol simple comes with a extra parts to fix the rust and that's it? I own a few others that are getting restored to the last nut, makes more sense to explain a vehicle that will be show quality and will be asking 35k than this project that's priced at 8k [its a project!] lol needs work! (PROJECT)
Lol

I work hard for my money, even just $8k of it, so yeah, I'd like more info to inspire me to give you that money...me? I could probably get more than that but I'm a salesman, I sell ice to Eskimos & then I go back a week later & sell 'em a fridge to put it in...you want peoples hard earned money, put forth a little effort...
M183kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing the water ...again? 28K Reply with quote

ricky100610 wrote:
spookymulder wrote:
aa390392 wrote:
if no inquiries the truck will get painted porsche red and off white ..and not dove blue........
I always hated "feeler" and "testing the water" ads. Usually posted by desperate morons with no track record of restoring a car, let alone a Volkswagen bus.

"Desperate moron" u just danced softly those chubby nub fingers u probably have across the keyboard from the security of your computer, I'm out on shows a lot maybe we can get a cup of coffee, and rehurse those kind words to my face Smile lol the truck is at the point where paint is next, I was asking to see if someone would be interested in picking out a color and was looking for a vehicle of this type to let me know, set up a appointment and will get the color done to the buyers choice. Factory dove blue seems boring....

The pre-sale comes across as, 'I'm into this bus pretty deep, it'll be worth somethin' when it's done but I can't afford to finish it'...that's what a pre-sale means to me anyway...
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M183kombi wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
TDIvan wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:

Currency hasn't changed, monies not everything & multiple (upside down) fuel filters with a new fuel tank are unnecessary & it gives you the appearance of a rookie, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...some of us build 'em cuz we love 'em tho...if the price is $8k, state that in your ad...offer ads bug the shit outta most people & I doubt many would offer you more than that...if you're confident in that figure though, you don't need to come onto this thread to defend it...it always makes me chuckle to see people try to justify what they're asking, especially in the 'whines' thread...also, it's hard to believe you really give a shit whether or not they are a 'good fingerprint of automotive history' when you're obviously trying to cash in on them, now go 'get ya money, right'...

For some reason they're going to Europe. 'Money has changed,' for you billy grease hands knows it all, smelling like clove cigarettes and booze,go ahead and finish the rest of your millers and call it a day, stay focused on your own shit and stop trying to get a kick out of other peoples shit to make your miserable life's better, "dude I'm not in it for the money" get out of here with that shit" lol
( stay greasy bud lmao )
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing the water ...again? 28K Reply with quote

Chris Paterson wrote:
aa390392 wrote:

I think he's saying he'll sell it restored at 28k. But even still, I can't figure out why any one would ever do this. I give you 28k and you restore it. Why not restore it and sell it when it's done. If you don't have the money to front, then sell it as is. The best part is, he's going to paint it red and white. So he's going to increase his cost by adding two-tone paint... Then, simultaneously, reduce the value by painting it a non-stock color. I would be really surprised if anyone goes for this and if they do, more power to this guy!

That's what I'm intending on doing, not looking for any cash from the buyer everything is paid, I was just asking a 5k un refundable deposit for the paint,pick your color, if a customers chooses and highlighter yellow then backs out I don't want to be stuck with that ugly finish on the truck
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing the water ...again? 28K Reply with quote

[quote="M183kombi"]
ricky100610 wrote:
spookymulder wrote:
aa390392 wrote:

The pre-sale comes across as, 'I'm into this bus pretty deep, it'll be worth somethin' when it's done but I can't afford to finish it'...that's what a pre-sale means to me anyway...[/l

like subway pick your own veggies ,or like Burger King get it your way. Have to refer to generic terms because some people are just dumb,Lol it has nothing to do with not having the money to finish up the project, ok ,picture this I go ahead and paint the truck a certain color it's going to attract a certain buyer, I'll be missing out on the buyer that will say to "himself damN I wish that truck was a different color I would of bought it" I'm giving a vast arch of possibilities to different potential customers if the canvas is clear...now Go to your front yard and yell at the tree that's dropping all those leaves on your lawn
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing the water ...again? 28K Reply with quote

Chris Paterson wrote:
aa390392 wrote:

I think he's saying he'll sell it restored at 28k. But even still, I can't figure out why any one would ever do this. I give you 28k and you restore it. Why not restore it and sell it when it's done. If you don't have the money to front, then sell it as is. The best part is, he's going to paint it red and white. So he's going to increase his cost by adding two-tone paint... Then, simultaneously, reduce the value by painting it a non-stock color. I would be really surprised if anyone goes for this and if they do, more power to this guy!

Not asking for any cash, that's what I'm asking for it once it's completed, just looking out there to see if anyone wants it a certain color before I get it painted, I like the factory dove blue but seems bland, just probably end up going with it to keep it o.g
M183kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky100610 wrote:
M183kombi wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
TDIvan wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:

For some reason they're going to Europe. 'Money has changed,' for you billy grease hands knows it all, smelling like clove cigarettes and booze,go ahead and finish the rest of your millers and call it a day, stay focused on your own shit and stop trying to get a kick out of other peoples shit to make your miserable life's better, "dude I'm not in it for the money" get out of here with that shit" lol
( stay greasy bud lmao )

Man, you come across ignorant, laugh it up, ignorance is bliss...you don't know me, don't act like you do...& I've been offered 3x what I'm into my bus (15k), couldn't do it, but I make good enough money at my job that I don't need it...I've sold a few to the UK, but it always arrives in my bank account in US dollars, even from Belgium, I get US dollars...good luck as a salesman, maybe bein' a jerk pays off, although I've never found it has...

Last edited by M183kombi on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
M183kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I like the factory dove blue but seems bland'

'Factory dove blue seems boring'

Which boring, bland person said those exact words, verbatim, on this page, Ricky100610?
How boring & bland are you?
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand his point. If I were going to buy one, and I found one that was dove blue, I'd pass. Different people, oddly enough, like different things. If I were in the market for one, he'd have my attention, and then negotiations would begin. He may have to be a bit patient, he may have to negotiate the price, but at least he's trying to meet the customer's need rather than his own. (As far as the color goes)
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M183kombi wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
M183kombi wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
TDIvan wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:
ricky100610 wrote:
hitest wrote:

( stay greasy bud lmao )

Man, you come across ignorant, laugh it up, ignorance is bliss...you don't know me, don't act like you do...& I've been offered 3x what I'm into my bus (15k), couldn't do it, but I make good enough money at my job that I don't need it...I've sold a few to the UK, but it always arrives in my bank account in US dollars, even from Belgium, I get US dollars...good luck as a salesman, maybe bein' a jerk pays off, although I've never found it has...

Take your pressure socks off old man and chill, your talking about one bus.. Lol the truth strikes dumb people as ignorance, your 46 and I'm 23 I have a lot of things not to brag but u wanted to bring it up, how about a 13,21,2,11'a,2 s/c 62 rag, bay.. Keep your sight narrow
ricky100610
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M183kombi wrote:
'I like the factory dove blue but seems bland'

'Factory dove blue seems boring'

Which boring, bland person said those exact words, verbatim, on this page, Ricky100610?
How boring & bland are you?

What is this now a dating site? What kind of fucking question is this
"How boring and bland are you baby" haha
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1920, 1921, 1922 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 1921 of 2710

Jump to: