Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2091, 2092, 2093 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
olliehank47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tyler 5447 wrote:
olliehank47 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Tyler 5447 wrote:
thom wrote:
..because the VW world was crying out for yet another pulley/belt solution

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862736

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You can always use it to turn a spare motor into a bandsaw. Haha

Hahaha, nice one.

Anyone know what that pipe is next to the generator?

Also, it looks like their "sample" engine has been entirely spray painted black, including the case and fuel pump and now it's flaking off.
Also there is a hole drilled in the distributor cap?
Probably not the best one to use for photos.

The pipe next to the generator looks to be the sheath that houses the bent metal shaft for the idler pulley.

That's what it looks like to me. I wonder how they are keeping enough tension through that little rod, maybe a massive spring under the intake?

Again, just a guess, but that thing that looks like a large spring with some sort of white nylon piece on it--between the fuel pump and the belt--is located at an angle that makes appear to be attached to the rod that holds the pully. I suspect that device holds/adjusts tension on the arm and pulley.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is that belt ad a joke? It reminds me of the der fab 5" dropped spindles. I don't even think the generator pulley is bolted on in that video.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
langsmer wrote:
Note the odd angle of the hacked in bullet signals. Sort of looks like a bad boob job.

Hacked in longer oval window housings... screws are in wrong spot for a bus:

AFAIK...Bullets didn't come w/round corner ('62 & up) speedo pod:

Whew... lot's of work done on that thing.

Bullets didn't come on buses with wide hatches either.
I don't know how to link that pic, but if you look from the back the bus has been widened below the beltline,
and the bumper widened,
and the rear axle is widened?
and extra lights? put on above the beltline,
and poor cargo door handle orientation.
and non VW drivetrain.

I don't think the builder of that bus cares that the turn signals aren't stock.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

olliehank47 wrote:
Tyler 5447 wrote:
olliehank47 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Tyler 5447 wrote:
thom wrote:

Hahaha, nice one.

Also, it looks like their "sample" engine has been entirely spray painted black, including the case and fuel pump and now it's flaking off.

The pipe next to the generator looks to be the sheath that houses the bent metal shaft for the idler pulley.

That's what it looks like to me. I wonder how they are keeping enough tension through that little rod, maybe a massive spring under the intake?

Again, just a guess, but that thing that looks like a large spring with some sort of white nylon piece on it--between the fuel pump and the belt--is located at an angle that makes appear to be attached to the rod that holds the pully. I suspect that device holds/adjusts tension on the arm and pulley.

What the F@@#$ is wrong with running a stock set up? I think a pulley/belt issues are so down the list of things that can go wrong..
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
olliehank47 wrote:
Tyler 5447 wrote:
olliehank47 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Tyler 5447 wrote:
thom wrote:

Hahaha, nice one.

What the F@@#$ is wrong with running a stock set up? I think a pulley/belt issues are so down the list of things that can go wrong..

It's just another fine example of the aftermarket selling something that isn't needed. How many products are made for VW's in shinny packing that are marketed as "better" and are simply junk. Most of the original parts VW made for these cars are STILL better than anything made today, especially something said to be a better design or better made..

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862469

"The bus is extremely rare, being originally a factory converted ambulance, still currently retaining all of its original features....This bus is probably the nearest to a rust free original splity we have ever seen and requires only one outer sill replacing. "

so taking that into consideration they are going to:

Fit a brand new full camping interior with Smev hob/sink and 12/240v fridge

Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

5657 wrote:

"The bus is extremely rare, being originally a factory converted ambulance, still currently retaining all of its original features....This bus is probably the nearest to a rust free original splity we have ever seen and requires only one outer sill replacing. "

Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)

What kind of dumbassery is that? There are TONS of barebones Busses to choose from as is, why take a rare cool model like an ambulance and take out what makes it an ambulance??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

AlanInMass54 wrote:
5657 wrote:

What kind of dumbassery is that? There are TONS of barebones Busses to choose from as is, why take a rare cool model like an ambulance and take out what makes it an ambulance??

Because fUKd
Tyler 5447
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

AlanInMass54 wrote:
5657 wrote:

I agree
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

5657 wrote:

Because the originals are worth more; wouldn't be the first time original parts are swapped out to be flipped separately.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

thom wrote:
5657 wrote:

Because the originals are worth more; wouldn't be the first time original parts are swapped out to be flipped separately.

No, because it is the UK. They value camper over there and view all buses as camper. Hence the reason they call them "camper vans". They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

No generalising there then Rolling Eyes

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

Coming from a guy who hates stock height buses... Laughing
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Brokenbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:

Coming from a guy who hates stock height buses... Laughing

And the selfie as his avatar Laughing
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yeah, right... Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864368
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I love how the ad states, "As you can see from pics this bus is used solely for weddings and therefore kept in a1 condition." then proceeds to show images taken at an entirely different kind of event....though I guess in some minds, that's debateable.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864316

That's not really a whine...is it...
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think that's a church with a graveyard, rather than a funeral, if that's what you're getting at?

Not sure about in the states but over here a ribbon tied to the front of a car means it's part of a wedding.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Haha, with a field of grave markers in the background, ribbon on the front, and a side door open, it looked like hearse duty to me Smile
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864386

Did Baby Jesus sleep on that thing?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864386

Did Baby Jesus sleep on that thing?

I don't think so, there would be a little baby face on it
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2091, 2092, 2093 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2092 of 2710

Jump to: