Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2092, 2093, 2094 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
crofty wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864386

Did Baby Jesus sleep on that thing?

I don't think so, there would be a little baby face on it

Smile it does say perfect, but the price is far from perfect

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
crofty wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864386

Did Baby Jesus sleep on that thing?

I don't think so, there would be a little baby face on it

LOL!!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
I think that's a church with a graveyard, rather than a funeral, if that's what you're getting at?

Not sure about in the states but over here a ribbon tied to the front of a car means it's part of a wedding.

In the US they do not have graveyards in a church yard. Maybe on the east coast, but I've never seen them.
Seems the churches and the cemeteries are separated here.

Never really thought of it, but that is something different about the UK. And they have plaques there in the churches, grave marker plaques. Right in the aisles.
My grandparents are planted in the churchyard of a tiny church outside a little village where my granny grew up. I'd go with them to the church when I'd visit, and see the markers in the yard.
Guess next time I go to the UK I'll go visit the church and say hello to their gravemarkers.
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

No generalising there then Rolling Eyes

Am I wrong? I lived in the UK long enough to learn this. There are exceptions, but I find this the general rule. Wedding buses are one exception to campers, and there are a few enthusiasts that like to keep them stock.

BTW, I just moved to the States last year.

Last edited by tarzan271 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
thom wrote:
5657 wrote:
Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)

Because the originals are worth more; wouldn't be the first time original parts are swapped out to be flipped separately.

No, because it is the UK. They value camper over there and view all buses as camper. Hence the reason they call them "camper vans". They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

i've seen them turn 23 BD into campers before that's crazy if they turn that ambulance into a camper. and they dual carb everything too i guess they like working on them as much as they like sleeping in them. lol
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: another one bites the dust Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

Coming from a guy who hates stock height buses... Laughing

I never said I hate stock height buses. Rolling Eyes
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
I think that's a church with a graveyard, rather than a funeral, if that's what you're getting at?

Not sure about in the states but over here a ribbon tied to the front of a car means it's part of a wedding.

In the US they do not have graveyards in a church yard. Maybe on the east coast, but I've never seen them.

Never really thought of it, but that is something different about the UK. And they have plaques there in the churches, grave marker plaques. Right in the aisles.
My grandparents are planted in the churchyard of a tiny church outside a little village where my granny grew up. I'd go with them to the church when I'd visit, and see the markers in the yard.
Guess next time I go to the UK I'll go visit the church and say hello to their gravemarkers.

Many of California's early missions have graveyards right next to the church. The priests performed a service, took you out the front door and planted you. My great grandparents are buried at Mission "Slam" Gabriel!
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
hugheseum wrote:
.....also that slammed shit is doing it no favors

Stock height is not right, unless you are a geezer.
I would take a slammed bus over a stock height bus any day. Every geezer I see driving in a stock bus just screams "I'm trying to relive my youth through my bus." Laughing Laughing

tarzan271 wrote:
bubba wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:

You left this out:
Brokenbus wrote:
And the selfie as his avatar Laughing

Generalizations or not, you're the entertainment now. Keep it coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
hugheseum wrote:
.....also that slammed shit is doing it no favors

Stock height is not right, unless you are a geezer.
I would take a slammed bus over a stock height bus any day. Every geezer I see driving in a stock bus just screams "I'm trying to relive my youth through my bus." Laughing Laughing

tarzan271 wrote:
bubba wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:

You left this out:
Brokenbus wrote:
And the selfie as his avatar Laughing

Generalizations or not, you're the entertainment now. Keep it coming.

Exactly, I never said I hate stock buses. Thanks for proving my point.
Maybe once I am your age I will raise my bus back up. Laughing
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:

Some older churches in NC have graveyards in a field beside/behind the church. I can think of at least 2 in my area; probably more.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
broozebrothers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ok .... You bus guys have really lost your minds ... Smile
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1863990
Tyler 5447
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

broozebrothers wrote:

That is a lot of money. But someone will buy it. Way to many windows for my taste.
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tyler 5447 wrote:
broozebrothers wrote:

That is a lot of money. But someone will buy it. Way to many windows for my taste.
That bus was listed for 68K yesterday.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

It is a Wolfsburg 23. I'm not saying it's worth that but it's definitely worth something.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

StockNazi wrote:
Clara wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:

Some older churches in NC have graveyards in a field beside/behind the church. I can think of at least 2 in my area; probably more.

I guess it's an old vs new thing, then.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Speaking of too many windows (or holes), I'm suprised nobody has brought this $42K jewel up yet: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864159

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
StockNazi wrote:
Clara wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:

I guess it's an old vs new thing, then.

Yeah, lots of old churches in the south (and east coast in general) have graveyards on the property.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ok, I'm really not a bus guy, but does this look like a 1975?? And is it me, or are the panels all f-d up on this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291623654557?forcerRptr=true&item=291623654557&viewitem=
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tyler 5447
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
Ok, I'm really not a bus guy, but does this look like a 1975?? And is it me, or are the panels all f-d up on this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291623654557?forcerRptr=true&item=291623654557&viewitem=

Its a '75 Brazilian bus, he admits that in the description. At first it looks like the door gaps are really messed up but I think that is mostly just the beading that someone put on the door edges. The rear cargo door does look off to me, but that may just be because of the incorrect repair to the bottom of it.

What I wonder is, what are the three little things above the front licence pate frame? Some kind of fog light mounts or something?
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:
It is a Wolfsburg 23. I'm not saying it's worth that but it's definitely worth something.

well someone probably over seas has already bought it. it says pending on it so someone has the money to turn it into a camper.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2092, 2093, 2094 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2093 of 2710

Jump to: