Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1612, 1613, 1614 ... 1921, 1922, 1923  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thomas Pedigo
Samba Member


Joined: July 03, 2010
Posts: 1058
Location: Nine Mile Falls/Sunset Bay,WA
Thomas Pedigo is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do commend folks that have been targeted in the whines, for atleast responding if they don't like it.
Sorry for the positive statement here...I wont let it happen again Wink
_________________
Defying conventional wisdom since 1970
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North


Joined: August 09, 2000
Posts: 17491
Location: Land of Whine and Phonies
crofty is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:


I think it's funny how you all have an opinion about it but NONE of you have actually come to take a look at it.

I honestly don't see a point to this thread. It does nothing positive for a seller and only seems to be a place for crybabies that can't afford stuff. WAAHHH!!


At $7500 why would anyone come and look at it when they'd want to knock at 1/3 off of it as a start. Serious buyers can tell what kind of person you are by the pics and write-up a seller posts.

Dreamers can be both buyers and sellers.
_________________
I don't mind eccentric people i just don't care for shit heads.

I am Bastard, hear me Roar-

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.


Always selling on Ebay check my stuff out!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dovebluewesty/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buck
Samba Member


Joined: May 31, 2004
Posts: 362

buck is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
vw7266 wrote:
After having this thing for sale for what seems like years and after putting it on ebay repeated times...you think the owner would learn that its not worth anywhere near 7500.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1342617


You gotta start somewhere right? It almost reached the reserve last time!

I think it's funny how you all have an opinion about it but NONE of you have actually come to take a look at it.

As for the tire... I'll go buy another tire for you! I was just letting you do it in case you wanted to paint the rims to match and then get yourself a matching set of tires.

Like I said, it almost reached the reserve price last time.. and for that price I'll let you buy your own tires.

I honestly don't see a point to this thread. It does nothing positive for a seller and only seems to be a place for crybabies that can't afford stuff. Playing Lowball is no way to get a sellers attention so you might as well come on this thread and try to get everybody to feel sorry for you.

WAAAHHH! This guy's bus is so close to me BUT I can't afford it... WAAHHH!!


Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but i don't think anybody is whining about not being able to pay your price for some crap 13 window. You've had this thing for sale forever. It is obviously not worth your asking price. You want 7500 for it and it doesn't even have any of the seats?? I think vw7266 has a pretty nice westy im sure hes totally fine with that. Why would he want to come see your shell of a bus?? If you want to actually SELL it then you should probably come down. Thats all hes saying. I guess if you want to continue to recycle it thru the classified 'till the end of time then more power to you!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw7266
Samba Member


Joined: April 28, 2004
Posts: 2880
Location: the point, ohio
vw7266 is online now 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no desire to own your bus...nothing about it is appealing to me...I was just pointing out that it was overpriced...I dont care if you lived next door to me, I still wouldnt make you an offer on it. How close or far something is has no bearing on what I decide to buy or not buy. Good luck on your sales I think it should be priced in the 2000-2500 range myself.
_________________
aka: Brad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
roberto
Samba Member


Joined: December 10, 2002
Posts: 824
Location: Lima, Ohio
roberto is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spook1, Its very obvious you don't see the point off this thread. It is not here to do anything for the seller, it is more for unsuspecting buyers. I have no idea where, or do I care at what point you started to read any of the last 1600+ pages; but you should go read the 1st post on page one. Also no one cares if it almost reached its reserve, you should've not lost that high bidders contact info. Rolling Eyes
_________________
http://perfectcheesecakesystem.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook1s
Samba Member


Joined: January 06, 2005
Posts: 165
Location: N.E. Ohio
spook1s is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't lost anybody's contact info.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have heard of "haggling" I've always been very up front and honest about this bus. I've offered it up for trade or cash partial trade exchange in the past. I've been willing to accept non automotive related trades, etc. The ad has always been
Or Best Offer... That doesn't mean that I am required to accept your best offer. Some of the "Best" offers I have received are clearly from folks who have no idea what's going on or maybe have hit the hippie lettuce a few too many times before they start playing with the keyboard!

As for the photos I list... I'm not sure what more I can say in the ad other than what I have said all along "I can take ANY specific pics you need" "I can email you ANY other pics you request" etc.. I could be like some guys and take pictures of only the shiny new aftermarket chrome bling. But the only aftermarket thing on this bus is the green paint.

Because some of you can't read or because you lack any bargaining skills, I don't think I should be made to look like I'm trying to outwit an unsuspecting buyer. I'm not! Of course I'm going to step up and defend myself! I want all of the "unsuspecting buyers" to feel comfortable considering this bus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buseric
Samba Member


Joined: May 03, 2004
Posts: 1218
Location: In the woods, Ontario
buseric is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
I haven't lost anybody's contact info.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have heard of "haggling" I've always been very up front and honest about this bus. I've offered it up for trade or cash partial trade exchange in the past. I've been willing to accept non automotive related trades, etc. The ad has always been
Or Best Offer... That doesn't mean that I am required to accept your best offer. Some of the "Best" offers I have received are clearly from folks who have no idea what's going on or maybe have hit the hippie lettuce a few too many times before they start playing with the keyboard!

As for the photos I list... I'm not sure what more I can say in the ad other than what I have said all along "I can take ANY specific pics you need" "I can email you ANY other pics you request" etc.. I could be like some guys and take pictures of only the shiny new aftermarket chrome bling. But the only aftermarket thing on this bus is the green paint.

Because some of you can't read or because you lack any bargaining skills, I don't think I should be made to look like I'm trying to outwit an unsuspecting buyer. I'm not! Of course I'm going to step up and defend myself! I want all of the "unsuspecting buyers" to feel comfortable considering this bus.


Sounds good, now just lower the price and everything should work out well. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook1s
Samba Member


Joined: January 06, 2005
Posts: 165
Location: N.E. Ohio
spook1s is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... $7000... Lowered it $500 AND, I'll take another $700 off if I can keep the motor.. There's $1200 off my asking price right there. AND I'll go get another tire So you can get 5 rims with 4 rolling tires.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw7266
Samba Member


Joined: April 28, 2004
Posts: 2880
Location: the point, ohio
vw7266 is online now 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall nuff said
_________________
aka: Brad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member


Joined: April 06, 2001
Posts: 9232
Location: unavailable at this time
hazetguy is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
OK... $7000... Lowered it $500 AND, I'll take another $700 off if I can keep the motor.. There's $1200 off my asking price right there. AND I'll go get another tire So you can get 5 rims with 4 rolling tires.


ya just don't get it, do you. Rolling Eyes perhaps this will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMjGAimtRc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook1s
Samba Member


Joined: January 06, 2005
Posts: 165
Location: N.E. Ohio
spook1s is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Exactly. I'm on the side of this debate that thinks you guys are all "Dreamers", who hope to find that "unsuspecting SELLER"!

You guys are all hoping to find the little old lady whose son bought a 23 window and then got shipped off to Nam and never returned... You'll fill her fridge for her and even give her enough to pay this years property tax on her house... AND you'll haul that "old van" away so she can have room in the garage. Rolling Eyes

I'm not saying you guys are off about my price being a little high. BUT, I want everybody to know my price is a starting point for negotiation. You want to knock big $$$ off your offer.. expect things to be subtracted from my end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2RUST
Samba Member


Joined: October 30, 2005
Posts: 1941
Location: West Coast
IN2RUST is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just do not get it. You have not sold it in quite a while. It is a deluxe and if it is priced right, it would sell as deluxes are desirable....Even Projects. If it has Not sold, since you listed it and you are getting low offers on it, it is probally worth the Highest Lowball offer if that makes sense?

Quite a few people that read this thread, could buy your bus @ the asking price and restore it. It has Nothing to do with being broke, No money...Blah, blah, blah. It has EVERYTHING to do with Condition and how complete it is. Do you know what a set of correct seats go for? Body and Paint? Rust Repair? All the deluxe items? Etc....To think that it has not sold because people just " Cannot Afford it" or the Economy is bad. People still have money and will spend the money on a bus IF it is worth it. Taking off parts to lower the price down on a bus that has been for sale quite a while is like stealing candy from a baby. If you take candy from a baby, they will cry and be Irritated. Same goes here.

Anyways, Good luck on the bus sale. Seriously.
_________________
RUSTFARMER....I like anything old and rusty!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vani11aGori11a
Samba Member


Joined: June 08, 2012
Posts: 78
Location: Hiouchi, California
Vani11aGori11a is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bus in this condition, complete (not the seats, those have scary prices), with original paint, should be between 3-4k. Keep your motor unless it is original.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook1s
Samba Member


Joined: January 06, 2005
Posts: 165
Location: N.E. Ohio
spook1s is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear all of you guys.

My highest CASH offer was Rolling Eyes . However, there have been dozens of interesting trade offers. I just don't really want to trade anymore.

I'm not interested in negotiating in open forums about price. You have your opinion, I have mine and the ONLY thing that matters is the real world hand to hand money exchange.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member


Joined: May 22, 2004
Posts: 6128
Location: toronto
germansupplyscott is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN2RUST wrote:
...To think that it has not sold because people just " Cannot Afford it" or the Economy is bad. People still have money and will spend the money on a bus IF it is worth it...


agree 100%. priced right VW items, be they vehicles or parts or tools or what have you, they will sell here on thesamba.com regardless of most outside factors. the economy is not in the best shape but it's not like we're in the great depression here. buyers who are shopping have funds to pay for items that are priced accordingly to their market value. if you're selling anything pertaining to the vintage VW market, thesamba.com is surely the best place on the web to sell, you have the most eyeballs possible on your item and the buyers know the products. thesamba.com is a global marketplace. how do you know if your item is priced accordingly to its true market value? if you have genuine interest from buyers at your offer price. if all your interested buyers are consistently offering well below your asking then your asking price is too high. how do you know if an item is priced too low? painfully, you'll sell it within hours or even minutes, and wish you'd priced it differently or had more of the item to sell.
_________________
scott lyons
http://www.germansupply.com

VW Bus-Centric Online Parts Source
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member


Joined: November 02, 2004
Posts: 11496
Location: Sandpoint, ID
cdennisg is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
I hear all of you guys.

My highest CASH offer was Rolling Eyes . However, there have been dozens of interesting trade offers. I just don't really want to trade anymore.

I'm not interested in negotiating in open forums about price. You have your opinion, I have mine and the ONLY thing that matters is the real world hand to hand money exchange.


I have been watching this discussion with interest, but have not posted as I have had nothing to add. Out of curiosity, I searched "66" on the classified section, just to see some comparables. I figured that I would easily be able to find a better bus priced at a better price. I was wrong. There are a few decent buses that are priced better than this, but not much. It seems that 66 buses are demanding higher prices than I thought. That, or the buses listed are just sitting there with their high asking price with nobody buying.

I have no horse in this race, but I would put that bus and its included parts in the $3-$4K range. Make it a driver, clean it up, and get some seats, then ask for $7K.
_________________
" I was just thinking, what if I just started punchin' the muffins?" -Bill Burr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member


Joined: November 06, 2000
Posts: 7545
Location: idaho
Lind is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germansupplyscott wrote:
IN2RUST wrote:
...To think that it has not sold because people just " Cannot Afford it" or the Economy is bad. People still have money and will spend the money on a bus IF it is worth it...


agree 100%. priced right VW items, be they vehicles or parts or tools or what have you, they will sell here on thesamba.com regardless of most outside factors. the economy is not in the best shape but it's not like we're in the great depression here. buyers who are shopping have funds to pay for items that are priced accordingly to their market value. if you're selling anything pertaining to the vintage VW market, thesamba.com is surely the best place on the web to sell, you have the most eyeballs possible on your item and the buyers know the products. thesamba.com is a global marketplace. how do you know if your item is priced accordingly to its true market value? if you have genuine interest from buyers at your offer price. if all your interested buyers are consistently offering well below your asking then your asking price is too high. how do you know if an item is priced too low? painfully, you'll sell it within hours or even minutes, and wish you'd priced it differently or had more of the item to sell.

good stuff sells fast at or near market price.

mediocre stuff sells slow even at a discount price.

crappy stuff doesn't sell for anything more than a fire-sale price.


a yellow project 13-window in the midwest is mediocre at best. I doubt that any of the pro's would own that bus at any price. plenty of us would be happy to buy it at fire-sale price and resell it or use it as a shasta bus. as far as owning it and improving it, the kind of dreamer who is willing to do that just cannot put together more than a couple grand.
_________________
.
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook1s
Samba Member


Joined: January 06, 2005
Posts: 165
Location: N.E. Ohio
spook1s is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popcorn Mmmmmm... Popcorn!

I'm listening. I'm starting at $7K.. Some of you are saying $3-4K.

It's obvious this bus is somewhere in the middle.

$3-4K is too low. I'm thinking somewhere between $5-7K. Probably leaning closer to $5-6K if I can keep the motor.

Now with that being said, I'm sure some of you are still not happy. I suppose that is why this thread is called the whines... Crying or Very sad

I have also been keeping an eye on asking prices here on Samba. BUT they are ASKING prices. It would seem that Ebay auction SELLING prices are the best way to determine market value, however even those can be tricky sometimes because of deadbeat buyers who fall through their agreement. A happy medium of the 2 is usually how I determine my asking price then I negotiate.
I have seen lesser buses sell for more money and they actually did change hands. Non running 11 window standard in the 7K range.

What I'm trying to get at, is that I'm not trying to pull wool over any "unsuspecting buyer's" eyes. I'm not a "dreamer". I'm a realist. I have a starting price and I have a low that I will not go under. The process of negotiation determines what you get and where the buyer lands in that price range.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member


Joined: May 22, 2004
Posts: 6128
Location: toronto
germansupplyscott is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
I have also been keeping an eye on asking prices here on Samba. BUT they are ASKING prices. It would seem that Ebay auction SELLING prices are the best way to determine market value


yes and no. the difference between ASKING and SELLING should be zero, if your items are priced right. items that sell fairly quickly are selling for asking or maybe a bit less, like on a small item maybe shipping is bargained into the final total. in my opinion asking should always be very close to (if not at) the base price you would accept for the item, not some artificially inflated price. inflated asking prices do not help you sell your item, they discourage buyers who may be ready to buy at a more realistic price but aren't in the mood to jack around with price dickering. there are different ways to approach setting a price for items but setting realistic asking prices keeps items moving. you're interested in selling the item, so you set a realistic price, sell it and move on to something else. sometimes asking is too high, item sits for a long time, weeks, months, even years - unless you lower the asking price. obviously your strategy on pricing or presenting the item is wrong if it's sitting and all you're doing is answering low offer emails. strategy could even be wrong in that photos are not telling the real story, item has value not seen or described etc. but an item that's been listed for more than two or three months is not priced properly, the market ultimately, is pretty smart. if you don't know what to price the item at, you can price it at 'offer' but that might not work. if the item is very desirable and you can see lots of people wanting to purchase it, 'offer' can work.
_________________
scott lyons
http://www.germansupply.com

VW Bus-Centric Online Parts Source
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member


Joined: November 06, 2000
Posts: 7545
Location: idaho
Lind is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook1s wrote:
$3-4K is too low. I'm thinking somewhere between $5-7K. Probably leaning closer to $5-6K if I can keep the motor.

let me put this a different way.
could you please post in here when you finally sell it, and what the sale price is? that way we can all know how wrong we really are.
_________________
.
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1612, 1613, 1614 ... 1921, 1922, 1923  Next
Jump to:
Page 1613 of 1923

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2013, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB