Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2226, 2227, 2228 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
Shoyrtt wrote:
joe56vw wrote:
Wow what a great ad full of info and pics Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1996140

I'm confused. His "holy grail" 53 bus is 99K: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1923575

But on the 52 he writes: "If your not into 150 plus this might be the set up for you"

Further confusion from the next line: "All the hard work has been done on the conversion"

My guess is he wants 150K plus for a "conversion" (aka not original) double door. It makes the 99K "holy grail" bus almost sound like a bargain. Rolling Eyes

I am not reading the ad the same. I think he is saying that if you don't want to spend $150k for a real one, then he has what you want. Maybe he only wants $75k for it since it clearly says it is a conversion (clone) in the first line of his ad.

I think $99k for a real 23-window barndoor in decent shape is worth every penny. No whine here about the price, but he could use proper English to increase his chances of a sale.

I think the "Barndoor" Double Door above is the one someone in S. CA made from a 1962 Panel.

Jer-Fab's old bus?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the BUS PANTHER's ad for the "Holy Grail" with some questions to which I think we might all want to know some answers-

I WILL NOT DISGRACE THE BARNDOORS CHEAPER THAN THIS, AFTER 1 WEEK I WILL REMOVE THE AD AND DO A FULL RESTORATION ON THIS !!!!!
The ad was edited three weeks ago. Why is it still listed?
THIS IS THE LAST TIME IT IS FOR SALE TIL DONE THEN I WILL ASK 249,000 US DOLLARS , APPRECIATE YOU PEOPLE LOOKING

Well shall we say testing the waters , like I say only so many opportunities like this come up in your lifetime,the only reason I am considering selling it is because I have other things much much bigger in the pipeline.
Good for you! Why do we care?

January 14 build date , no bumper , deep skylights just to name a few featuresponses and what could be the numberarch Huh?engine and all 3 seats plus the aluminum trim moulding and speedo clock etc etc blah blah blah lol
What are the M-codes for etc etc blah blah blah lol ?

so please I DO NOT NEED TO SELL THIS !!!

a chance of a lifetime to own a piece of history

Or I can restore it for you if you like at additional cost

you see my minimum price don't even ask to go anything under that and it offers go above that because they want it bad enough so be it

I only know one other bus other than this that was delivered in primer
Is the Original Primer under the non-Original Paint?
this is on the birth certificate that I have and I do have the birth certificate from Germany and of course it is real this is the world famous " disco bus " I am trying not to be rude to people but please do not contact me unless you have that amount of money to purchase this bus for

Thanks for looking and oh yeah that's me the car hauler truck
Why are we supposed to care about your Car Hauler?

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by cru62 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
Shoyrtt wrote:
joe56vw wrote:

I'm confused. His "holy grail" 53 bus is 99K: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1923575

But on the 52 he writes: "If your not into 150 plus this might be the set up for you"

Further confusion from the next line: "All the hard work has been done on the conversion"

My guess is he wants 150K plus for a "conversion" (aka not original) double door. It makes the 99K "holy grail" bus almost sound like a bargain. Rolling Eyes

I am not reading the ad the same. I think he is saying that if you don't want to spend $150k for a real one, then he has what you want. Maybe he only wants $75k for it since it clearly says it is a conversion (clone) in the first line of his ad.

I think $99k for a real 23-window barndoor in decent shape is worth every penny. No whine here about the price, but he could use proper English to increase his chances of a sale.

I think being less of a dick in the ad would help more Rolling Eyes
BTW it's already past his 'will only have for sale at this price for a week' time frame and it's still for sale Rolling Eyes

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

joe56vw wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
Shoyrtt wrote:
joe56vw wrote:

I think being less of a dick in the ad would help more Rolling Eyes
BTW it's already past his 'will only have for sale at this price for a week' time frame and it's still for sale Rolling Eyes

If a ever a bus could benefit from being "brokered-" this is the one.

The whole scene there looks like the set of the Kurt Russell movie, "Breakdown." Isolation; Semi truck; rabid dog...

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:
EverettB wrote:
I think the "Barndoor" Double Door above is the one someone in S. CA made from a 1962 Panel.

And said fake barndoor double door is the same world famous "disco bus"?
Oh. Not my world.
Nice car hauler, tho.

The Disco Bus is the other one, it's a real 23.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
Shoyrtt wrote:
joe56vw wrote:

Jer-Fab's old bus?

Yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The record asking price for a Brazilian bus ever?

http://www.bugbus.net/nl/classifieds.html?cmd=detail&id=24333&cat_id=58

tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
cru62 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:
Shoyrtt wrote:
joe56vw wrote:

Jer-Fab's old bus?

Yes

Definitely the same bus. Look at the holes in the lower nose. Isn't titling it as a 1952 fraud? I get the fact that he states it is a clone, but the way his ad is written, it suggests it is a real barndoor that has been converted to a double door and possibly a deluxe. Not that it is really a 1962 panel. What a shit ball.

I change my pricing closer to $20k if it is solid and the work done is good.
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1996978
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

western auto wrote:

What's your beef?

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
western auto wrote:

What's your beef?

Laughing

Maybe clean the engine bay up make it look nice. Sweep the rubber mat and clean it. I guess 55k dont get you that?

Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

It's clever how he words it to make you think that having a bunch of one year only parts is preferable Smile

Nice bus though!
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
It's clever how he words it to make you think that having a bunch of one year only parts is preferable Smile

Nice bus though!

Well, to the average guy buying a toy, those things might be preferable. I'd put a dual master cylinder on anything I drove. 12 volt, better. I go with that reasoning.
What I don't dig is the apparent duct tape repair on the air cleaner duct. The clear plastic gas filter. Nearly everybody has them. Not me. If you do, put it underside. Preheat hose has nowhere to land. (But at least it has one!)
There's a lot of good there, but for $55k it better be the best one in the world.
I'd expect more from Adam.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Nice bus though!

Well, to the average guy buying a toy, those things might be preferable. I'd put a dual master cylinder on anything I drove. 12 volt, better. I go with that reasoning.
What I don't dig is the apparent duct tape repair on the air cleaner duct. The clear plastic gas filter. Nearly everybody has them. Not me. If you do, put it underside. Preheat hose has nowhere to land. (But at least it has one!)
There's a lot of good there, but for $55k it better be the best one in the world.
Al

A very comparable, cleaner and more original 65 standard sold on this site recently for under $25K. And it was driven home from MN to WA after the sale.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
69doublecab wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Nice bus though!

Al

A very comparable, cleaner and more original 65 standard sold on this site recently for under $25K. And it was driven home from MN to WA after the sale.

Didn't that one turn out to have a very bad oil leak and need a replacement motor?

Anyhow, I think the bus Adam is selling looks decent from the pics. Yes we can nit pick the
non stock wire colors
aircleaner flap is upside down, which makes it not function
lack of hose clamps for fresh air tubes
wrong clamp and routing for preheat tube
has a rear deck carpet, og is a panelboard.
no middle seat kick panel,
etc
I also put the gas filter in the engine compartment where I can see it, and easily change it. If I sell the car the next owner can re-locate it if desired, pretty easy.

but basically it does look classy and clean from behind my screen.
The price is a good chunk higher than comparable buses, though. Legit whine on the price IMO.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
69doublecab wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Nice bus though!

Al

Didn't that one turn out to have a very bad oil leak and need a replacement motor?

Yep. And for the $30K difference you could build yourself a damn nice new engine.
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

saw this bus this morning and almost fell over backwards when I saw the asking price, its a nice bus , in original paint I would understand maybe 35, but a respray for 55k ? ( am I missing something?)
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'd say it is a nice straight Bus, yes the engine could use some clean-up, but w/ what people are paying for these things, that price is not too far out of line.
I would take that respray over half the "OG Paint" buses on here that don't look nearly as good as that '67...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1990799
Aren't the backs of seats missing?
Price seems kinda high for not being complete but that's just my .2cents?

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Cuņado Wear wrote:

It has no interior. Price seems really high for an unfinished project. They didn't even spray the engine compartment.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
Cuņado Wear wrote:

It has no interior. Price seems really high for an unfinished project. They didn't even spray the engine compartment.

He's talking about the hacked off backs of the seating areas. They were not replaced. Kinda hard to install a PS seat without it.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2226, 2227, 2228 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2227 of 2710

Jump to: