Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

wots to see in california,and vegas
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfsburgvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: wots to see in california,and vegas Reply with quote

as im coming over for pamona and the classic wots there to see between shows,i have two kids one 11 one 15,any ideas, steve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: wots to see in california,and vegas Reply with quote

wolfsburgvw wrote:
as im coming over for pamona and the classic wots there to see between shows,i have two kids one 11 one 15,any ideas, steve.

Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, Sea World, Hollyweird,
Lake Havasu Laughing , thats for the kids and for you their are VWshops all over So Cal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wolfsburgvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good,thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dieselnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're a city guy, there ya go. if not, both death valley national park (stunning in spite of name) and yosemite national park are both w/i several hours of vegas via rental car. yosemite valley trumps anything else in that state in my opinion, especially early in summer.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Valley in June? Yikes!

The Mamoth area is nice too, Devils Postpile, Mono Lake ect.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if not for the crowds Yosemite could trump just about anything in my opinion. I'd opt to drive through yosemite, then over the sierra's via 120 and into the east side of the sierra's. The eastern Sierra, I think, is amazing.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve, maybe you coming over will give me some motivation to put the '58 Westy back on the road!

I pulled the tunnel tranny and need to do some welding to the front mount before I can put the rebuilt splitcase tranny in. The engine & transaxle that were in there went into different vehicles.
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drive up Hwy. 395 along the east side of the Sierra Nevada, with the White-Inyo mtns. on the other side of Owens Valley, is spectacular. On the way, a side trip to Death Valley, before it gets too hot, would be interesting . The ghost town, Bodie, is not too far from the east side of Hwy. 395 on 270 (now paved), north of Mono Lake. Get an AAA camping booklet.
Hwy. 120 (Tioga Pass Rd.), from Lee Vining west through Yosemite Nat'l. Park is great but the snowfall has been greater than average, so plan on the road being open by sometime in June.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
if not for the crowds Yosemite could trump just about anything in my opinion. I'd opt to drive through yosemite, then over the sierra's via 120 and into the east side of the sierra's. The eastern Sierra, I think, is amazing.

I agree, the Sierra is awesome, especially the Eastern side. On normal snowfall years 120 doesn't open till mid-june, CalTrans has a website that will tell you when. There are some great spots up on 120 to camp as well. Saddlebag Lakes is one of my favorites at around 9500 feet.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: