Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any word on the DDB?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Any word on the DDB? Reply with quote

Any updates on what's going on with Martin and theDDB? I'm considering buying some parts, but from what I've heard, Martin's been AWOL. I hope all is well, not many type 3 specific shops.

I'm a long time lurker here in the type3 forums and have always appreciated the knowledge base. Thanks guys!

www.altaredlife.com
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just heard from him last week. contact him via the websitewww.theddb.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thread that was going around a couple of weeks ago was moved to the buyer and seller forum.It had a happy ending Smile There are even pictures of his motor.
Although I have never dealt with martin I have heard nothing but good things about him not only here but on the type3 org listas well. He has been short handed recently from what I understand and to tell you the truth, I would order from him tommorrow if I only had the cash to spend. Wink

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Martin seems to be basically a good guy. I've always gotten everything I ordered in the past, but sometimes it took awhile--not unusual for a one-man operation like his. Haven't ordered recently, so I don't know if this latest controversy is just one of those rare and unfortunate things that happend to most businesses, or something else. Hope all's well, as I want to get one of his alternators and a set of his door rubbers.
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that everything is cool with the DDB. I'll hop over to the buyer/seller forum and check out the rest of the story. Thanks for the replies.

www.altaredlife.com
spoon
Samba Penetrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you hang around with the BLTN guys? Slowagen guys?

EverettB wrote:
Type 3 > Type 1
vdubjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but im going to have to disagree with you.

1 email per week is not good comm with a customer who was done wrong....

im STILL trying to sort out my 'rebuilt' carb probs, its not my fault if someone continually over extends themself and doesnt hire extra help Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: hey Spoon Reply with quote

Hey spoon,

Naw, I'm a loner. I've been into VWs for many years (20+), but haven't been around the clubs. My job and family keep me busy enough to where I don't even get to work on my car... I am in the process of getting my 66 in my avatar, back on the road. It's going to need much body work... Unfortunately, I'm not a body man, mostly mechanical stuff. So, it's gonna run, but look rather ugly....

www.altaredlife.com
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have or did you have a 64 square panel. I'd be interested in seeing some pics. I'm in San Jose and would love to see it in person if you do have one.

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank,

I do have a 64 square that a previous owner converted to a panel. Basically, he welded some sheet metal over the windows. He did a fair job, but the rest of the bodywork on the car was bondo. The car needs a pan (really bad) and the rear end was hit at some time. The previous owner did the bodywork on the outside but not on the inside. The inner driver side quarter is damaged and the engine bay. So, when driven, the cab fills with the sweet scent of exhaust. To further the problem, since it is now a panel, there is no rear ventilation. I originally bought the 66 for parts, but aside from the fenders, the car is in much better condition. I plan on fixing up the 66 first, then move on to the 64. I'll look for pics and will post them when I find them.

-Jason

www.altaredlife.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: