Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

62' Ragtop First Time Pictures
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: 62' Ragtop First Time Pictures Reply with quote

Heres some pictures my friend took of my 62' enjoy! Drool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Alan Willis
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool car!I now know why your front tires were rubbing the fenders;those are the 5.5"reverse offset rims.I wish mine was that shiney!
die schwarzen Schafe #666
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its got its battle scars though! hahaha trying to learn how to make a bug handle...Shocked

dont worry the og fenders hood decklid and both aprons are all stored away, the glass as well and wheels.

it will have its cal days but i wont let it go without having chrome again
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you recently buy this? Or have you had it for awhile?
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had it for a while just never put up pics
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO.. Where did all of the decals go? And I'm still trying to figure out how you're running a 2332cc w/ a single barrel? Have you tamed the idle as well?
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who told you i was running a 2332cc?

the stickers were a joke. my friend eric and i got a bunch and plastered our cars. that was for a day.

the bilstein and adr ones were the best hahaha
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU told me that.. Obviously when your decklid was on.. My daily is an ugly (for the time being at least) '63 thats primed grey.. w/ black front fenders..
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless you were the idiot with the jetta with all the chrome stickers that decided to call me on the phone asking me if i want to race i really have no idea what you are talking about. everyone knew i had a 1600 single port and now i have a 1200 single port (1200 dual port Shocked someone should figure that one out.

I told that guy on the phone i had a 2332 because i thought it was really funny that someone would call me asking me if i wanted to come back to the meet to race him. (sarcastic tone-> "dude you think you could beat me, attractive and successful african american i got a 2332 that does wheelies. your shits jetta if you wanna race for 100 bucks i'll come back"

thats word for word.
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inch pincher wrote:
unless you were the idiot with the jetta with all the chrome stickers that decided to call me on the phone asking me if i want to race i really have no idea what you are talking about. everyone knew i had a 1600 single port and now i have a 1200 single port (1200 dual port Shocked someone should figure that one out.

I told that guy on the phone i had a 2332 because i thought it was really funny that someone would call me asking me if i wanted to come back to the meet to race him. (sarcastic tone-> "dude you think you could beat me, attractive and successful african american i got a 2332 that does wheelies. your shits jetta if you wanna race for 100 bucks i'll come back"

thats word for word.

A '63 T1 is far from a Jetta buddy.. I was at a stop light near Valley Fair and Santana Row. You (or someone with a bug that looks almost identical to yours) pulled up next to me with a stinger that was making all kinds of noise and barely idling w/o constant taps of the pedal. I had my windows up and it sounded like you had a drag motor cause the idle was so rough, so I rolled them down to hear it better.. thinking maybe your header was loose at the heads. You gingerly stared over and then opened your rag. You decided to ask me what year my car was, I answered and asked what in the hell you had out back? You (or whoever it was) replied "23-32" Then I asked what trans.. and you answered "4.88".. which didn't mean anything to me as I'm only familiar with general names.. and I asked is that Super Street? then you or whoever it was replied "Pro Street".. the light went green and the car almost stalled.. then roughly got up to missing all over the place and went across the street as I turned.
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i'll ask around lots of my friends drive my car. can you describe what the guy looked like? if you knew me i was very proud of having a 1600 single port haha. wait did he have black hair kinda like scene looking? with really pale ass skin?

my friend este takes it to santana row a lot. he knows a lot about bugs. haha maybe he was pullin your chain
Ram4Sam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, no sidemoldings, t-bar bumpers, and filled in exhaust cutouts! Put some drop in it, add some chrome nipple caps, and that could be a pic from the late 70's. I know, I was there.

Sam(old geezer)
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram4Sam wrote:
Wow, no sidemoldings, t-bar bumpers, and filled in exhaust cutouts! Put some drop in it, add some chrome nipple caps, and that could be a pic from the late 70's. I know, I was there.

Sam(old geezer)

dont forget the shaved turn signals, and all the bumper inserts were patched up.

but i hate that cal rubber. So the only chrome on my car is in the windows and on the running boards...fair enough?!?!!?

shoulld i take some pics of the inside? thats all custom too
Ram4Sam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, missed the signals! You could have also filled the horn grills. Been there, done that! Back in the day, of course.

Sam
inch pincher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i usually have HORN GRILLS IN THERE...but if the bastard that keeps stealing them i just wont put them in anymore. I almost want to get metal ones and hook a hotwire to them so when he touches them he's toast.
Racelook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An little bit lower profile tires on the front.. and it's some fantastic nice car.

Wiebrand

Racebug is comming to get ya........ Still in full resto

1974 Supa...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: