Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS rear passenger black fender beading
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sofaking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: NOS rear passenger black fender beading Reply with quote

Does anyone have one? I know that there are kits out there that you can piece together using Type 1 material, But on my car the other 3 corners have NOS. At the last Drag Day a guy was selling NOS rear Notch fender beading so I purchased them from him and didn't check! One side is Notch the other is Square. Please help?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck brother... somebody had some pieces maybe about a year ago on the Type 3 List.. you may want to check the archives at type3.org.

I do know ISP West has a pretty damn decent Type 3 fender beading kit that is black. I don't think it's a pieced together Type 1 that is made for Type 3's. Frank and I did his former '62 square with it and it worked out pretty well.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyZ is the one you want. Here's one of his ads:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=52900
He has an assortment of beading. I'm sure he'll go through it for you, although it'll cost a little more. Be patient while waiting for him to answer though. Confused

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sofaking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks allot!! I just sent him an email, I'll keep my fingers crossed! I am using the ISP one right now but after getting the front and one side rear I have to finish it off. The factory ones fit so nice! When you do a car that's basically turning out to be a brand new car you hate to cut corners.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoss wrote:

I do know ISP West has a pretty damn decent Type 3 fender beading kit that is black. I don't think it's a pieced together Type 1 that is made for Type 3's. Frank and I did his former '62 square with it and it worked out pretty well.

the ISP kit is partially Type 1 beading - I know because that's what's on my square...

and, for what it's worth, replacing fender beading on any Type 3 is a genuine pain in the ass...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
sofaking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: