Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do yesterday on your buggy?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
motoRAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I'm studying the addition of the oil pressure oil temperature and voltmeter gauges, I'm I missing any other vital instruments?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MrGoodtunes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

motoRAT wrote:
...any other vital instruments?...

Learn'd the hard way that a cylinder head temperature guage is a really good idea, especially if your engine compartment is somewhat enclosed. I have the 1st one on the left, a VDO product that measures in °F. The other 2 have lower numbers, so probably in °C.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motoRAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

MrGoodtunes wrote:
Learn'd the hard way that a cylinder head temperature guage is a really good idea, especially if your engine compartment is somewhat enclosed

Damn, I'm running out of dash space Laughing
Thanks Mr Goodtimes
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Since we have 2 cylinder heads, are 2 gauges recommended or is a double unit available?

(With way more projects than spare time!)
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Most people just run one CHT gauge but there are gauges that show multiple readings available from aircraft industry suppliers. You can also run one gauge with multiple senders and use a switch to select which sender you want to monitor. You can monitor all 4 cylinders if you want to. Not necessarily a bad idea. Cool

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
motoRAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I've fitted my DIY multi fitting sending units support Laughing

it's not high end parts, in fact, they are cheap parts, it's just a means to keep an eye on things, it's a lot better than nothing, this way I can see if the fan and the alternator are working by the voltmeter, if there is oil and if it as some pressure by both the temp and pressure gauges, of course the idiot lights are still there to validate it all
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I used a length of discarded stainless brake line from my bin of boat trailer parts to fabricate a fuel tank vent loop for my Manxter. It turned out pretty nice.

Frizbal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Nice! I sure am jealous of your removable hood!
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Not just removable, it's hinged. It's a great feature and makes jobs like this pretty easy.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

My first buggy was put together like many, making me work around it. I made my next build easy to work on by making the whole body easy to remove. Some details are different because it's a Berry miniT, but the main construction details would apply to any buggy.

Make the seats easy to remove and the steering shaft easy to disconnect without having to remove. Some wiring is on the body and some on the frame, make them easy to separate with a few plugs. I use 15/30 amp Anderson plugs, near the headlights, along the steering column for the dash stuff, and out back for the tail lights and stuff. At this point the only thing to do is unbolt the body from the pan, provided you attach the gas tank to the frame. With a helper you can pull the whole body. It makes chassis work so easy that I would pull the body to bleed the brakes.
Frizbal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I will definitely have to figure something like that out this winter. Need to pull and clean rust out of the tank. I'd like to do it without pulling the dash, but that would involve cutting. We shall see.
motoRAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

fitted some cool cali style hubcaps on Cool

germanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Changed my steering damper, fixed the drum brake cylinder and removed the spinners as we do not like the looks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motoRAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

well, as the buggy as nothing more urgent to be done (being sarcastic), I've decided to do a quick release spare wheel/hood, so I can access the engine bay a lot more quickly Laughing

codeblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

took the body off to do a 3 inch body lift. gotta figure out how to stop the gearbox mounts breaking while im here... i have a transaxle strap, isnt helping. suggestions welcome!

clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

codeblue wrote:
took the body off to do a 3 inch body lift. gotta figure out how to stop the gearbox mounts breaking while im here... i have a transaxle strap, isnt helping. suggestions welcome!

Most of the transaxle straps don't even fit right.
The one I had I couldn't even get the bellhousing piece to fit and the mid mount pretty well sucked too.

Get yourself a Mid Mount that hangs under the transaxle and bolts to the center section of the trans. They work pretty good.

I use HD stock mounts and the midmount with a BugPack style frame horn brace kit.
Here are some Rhino mounts that will hold up.

http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/6212.htm

Mid mount..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/142062274730?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Bugpack Truss mount.... It's a little more work to install but really stiffens the rear up.

I'm seeing some serious hp and haven't broke a mount yet.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
codeblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I ordered a mendola mounts and the stiffy kafer brace last night. Ill buy those rhino mounts and avoid hard-mounting the gearbox for the moment Very Happy

This is my new shed and this is the first time ive got to use it since it was built 8 weeks ago
[/img]
dtadewald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I installed a tow bar on it
motoRAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Cool
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I finally got the horn working. It took some serious circuit chasing, but it was all there in the Painless harness, and I was able to get it working from the horn button on the wheel. While making a ground jumper across the rag joint, I discover the rag joint was in really rough shape, so I replaced that too.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Jump to:
Page 187 of 199

Jump to: