Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So.Cal. Imports
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nukeworker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: So.Cal. Imports Reply with quote

Just ordered some brake parts from So.Cal. The guy on the order line was condesending and rude. Would have told him where to go but their brake package was a good deal even though it just went up in price. I will not be ordering anything else from these guys because of this jerk. The owner should get rid of this guy. He has cost them hundreds of my dollars.
Seco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Snotty So.Cal.Imports Reply with quote

What happen, I was thinking on ordering one of there disc kit?
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Snotty So.Cal.Imports Reply with quote

onegrooveydude wrote:
Would have told him where to go but their brake package was a good deal even though it just went up in price.

this tells alot about you....
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a situation where an employee is being rude it's a good idea to get the NAME of the person your dealing with, and then speak w/someone a little higher up the food chain (management) about how you've been treated. It does'nt do much good to come on here and flame a company in general, not be specific about who at the company treated you this way, and then go on to say in essence you'll accept being treated like crap as long as you save a little money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nukeworker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bugninva, We all put up with some crap to get what we want in life. We drag our asses into work every day....not cause we love it but because it's an means to a end. And Dave24, I didn't flame the whole company. Just complained about one employee. But if that's the type of person they're going to have represent them, then they can expect negative feedback.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onegrooveydude wrote:
Hey Bugninva, We all put up with some crap to get what we want in life. We drag our asses into work every day....not cause we love it but because it's an means to a end. And Dave24, I didn't flame the whole company. Just complained about one employee. But if that's the type of person they're going to have represent them, then they can expect negative feedback.

How about calling the business and finding someone in charge, as was suggested? I doubt So Cal Imports searches this site for negative feedback. I think you just want to complain here, get a lof of, "You sure are right and I feel sorry for you" commiseration. Well, that isn't going to happen. Do something about it.
nukeworker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not looking for anything from anybody. I thought this was a feedback page. I didn't realize it was only for positive feedback.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onegrooveydude wrote:
I'm not looking for anything from anybody. I thought this was a feedback page. I didn't realize it was only for positive feedback.

It is for ALL feedback; however, it has been suggested that you should complain to the business regarding your treatment. That should be a follow-up to your post here.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onegrooveydude wrote:
Hey Bugninva, We all put up with some crap to get what we want in life. We drag our asses into work every day....not cause we love it but because it's an means to a end. .

that may be accurate for you, but not for me.... i wouldn't "drag my ass" to a job i don't like, and i sure as shit wouldn't take crap from a counterperson to save a buck on some brakeparts.... we all choose our suppliers based on our own needs and wants, i can't fault you for that... i do however, suggest that you find a supplier you like and stick with them...these businesses that cator to the ACVW's are few and you need to back them to ensure their survival... those that shop on price alone really should take what they get, no offense.... buy your brake parts local anyway, they are dirt cheap..
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onegrooveydude wrote:
And Dave24, I didn't flame the whole company. Just complained about one employee. But if that's the type of person they're going to have represent them, then they can expect negative feedback.
You seem to have missed my point here. If you're treated badly by the checker at the market, how would you handle that?. Complain to the bag-boy? NO. Stand in the parking lot complaining to any potential customer about to patronize the store? NO. The only way to get any real results would be to TALK TO THE MANAGER!. If ANY business has an employee with a bad attitude, management usually would like to know. You have assumed that they already do and don't care.

I've never dealt with so.cal. or the "guy" that took your order, but I would have handled it a bit differently.
A. I'm being treated poorly on the phone by "the guy"
B. I ask to speak to a manager
C. The manager solves the issue
D.If the manager defends the rudeness of the employee, or has a similar attitude, I then
E. Exercise my right NOT TO BUY from or deal with this company. Period.

In the same respect, I'm not going to blacklist a company on your say so, because you did'nt like your treatment on the phone. You needed to complain to someone in the position to do something about your issue, which from what I can tell you have'nt/did'nt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nukeworker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I need to check with you and go through your grievance procedure step by step before I post an OPINION about a seller on a FEEDBACK forum.
steven wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to buy all of my brake parts from So.Cal. I emailed them 2 weeks ago about the brake parts and have never received an email back. I doubt if I send them anything, if they can't return an email what should I expect for customer service?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onegrooveydude wrote:
I guess I need to check with you and go through your grievance procedure step by step before I post an OPINION about a seller on a FEEDBACK forum.
I was simply trying to give you a another way of looking at things. You don't ever need to check with me for anything. F/O. So, I'm free to post my OPINION about your FEEDBACK. Your a whiney, complaining little child. Take you're toys and go home. :fist:
nukeworker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You're easy. Didn't mean to get your little panties in such a bind.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call and ask for ANDY the owner. The biggest problem in this industry is finding GOOD HELP. So Call has inovated some good products, employees are a problem.
I doubt you will find a family man that could afford to work for the wages most VW parts places want to pay and finding a knowlageable
kid is near impossable.
As far as e-mails being returned, in my opinion people have come to depend on the internet to much, I still prefer phone calls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest the foregoing discussion make anyone uneasy about So-Cal, let me say I ordered by phone a few weeks ago and was completely satisified. A couple hours after I placed the order, I received a phone call from them telling me one of the parts I ordered was out of stock, and offering me several alternatives. I was pleased, because with many companies I usually learn about a part being out stock only when UPS leaves the package at my door minus the part.

The advice given by several posters above is spot-on: if you call and get a jerk, ask to speak to a manager.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
Call and ask for ANDY the owner. The biggest problem in this industry is finding GOOD HELP. So Call has inovated some good products, employees are a problem.
I doubt you will find a family man that could afford to work for the wages most VW parts places want to pay and finding a knowlageable
kid is near impossable.
As far as e-mails being returned, in my opinion people have come to depend on the internet to much, I still prefer phone calls.

I used to get personal help when Geoff Peterson worked there.........but since he's left I too have felt they were a little abrupt.
RIS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to buy everything from them about 7-8 years ago, had a few instances with missing parts from orders and rude phone help. So, I moved on to other companies to order from. I will say they had some excellent prices, but the handling fees and inflated shipping costs usually made up for the difference...
Instagram: @rismachine
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIS wrote:
I used to buy everything from them about 7-8 years ago, had a few instances with missing parts from orders and rude phone help. So, I moved on to other companies to order from. I will say they had some excellent prices, but the handling fees and inflated shipping costs usually made up for the difference...

That's the only complaint I had.

Last edited by Lee. on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63brew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's too bad you had a bad exp. with them. They're local to me so i get mostly everything from them at the shop. i can tell you that in person they are really cool and helpful guys.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: